Fruit of the Vine by Zhie
Summary: Erestor is punished for something he should have known not to do, but he isn’t the only one who learns a lesson. Written per Cheysuli's request at LOTR_Discipline yahoo group for a fic where Erestor is disciplined.
Categories: Stories of Arda > Extras Characters: Celebrian, Elrond, Erestor, Glorfindel
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Dramatic, Romantic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 7402 Read: 2147 Published: January 07 2008 Updated: January 07 2008

1. Complete by Zhie

Complete by Zhie
“Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine,
when you gonna let me get sober.
Let me alone. Let me go home.
Let me go back and start over.”
-Tom Paxton, Bottle of Wine


- - -

Carefully, Erestor pulled the bottle of wine from the rack, slowly guiding it towards himself. As it reached the end of the shelf, he reached up with his other hand, the tip of his tongue protruding just slightly as he made sure he didn’t make a single sound lifting the bottle down to the bench that sat in the middle of Elrond’s private storeroom.

“Thirsty?”

Erestor jumped upon hearing the voice in his ear. He had just twisted the corkscrew into the bottle, so that when he was spooked, he ended up yanking out the cork with a pop – quite a feet, for the stopper was half the length of the bottle. Blushing furiously, Erestor made an attempt to hide the bottle from the amused elf who stood behind him.

“I... ah ahm...” Sighing, Erestor’s shoulders slumped as he set the bottle down on the bench and held the corkscrew, still with the cork attached, to Glorfindel.

“You know, you are the last person I thought I would catch when Elrond informed me that someone was smuggling wine out of here,” admitted Glorfindel.

“You’ll have to tell him, no doubt,” answered Erestor.

“Well, yes, he did specify that I was to find the culprit.”

Erestor’s figure sagged further. “He won’t trust me after this. No doubt he’ll relieve me of my duties, of my title.”

“Not... necessarily...” replied Glorfindel, but Erestor did not appear to hear him.

“I know I shouldn’t have,” continued Erestor, wringing his hands nervously, “but none of the other wine is strong enough these days, and I honestly didn’t expect he would miss them!”

“Perhaps,” interrupted Glorfindel, “I can think of something else to tell him.”

Erestor snorted. “Until the next time I sneak down here.”

Glorfindel observed the other elf for a few moments before he said, “No, I do not think you shall find yourself here again uninvited. I give you two options, to let me talk to Elrond and leave your name clear of this and accept punishment from me, or go to our lord now and take your chances with him.”

“So you can hold it over me and taunt me for years to come with the knowledge you will have?” Erestor responded bitterly, but Glorfindel shook his head.

“No. Just one day – and you will not know when or what, but I guarantee you shall never step foot into this cellar without just cause again. You must make your choice quickly; if someone hears us, you will not have an option.”

“Can I take the bottle with me?” asked Erestor, looking longingly at the wine that sat open next to him. Glorfindel picked up the bottle and handed it to the other elf, noting how Erestor’s hands shook as he accepted it and drank right from the vessel. “Promise me, whatever you decide you must do, will stay between us.”

“You have my word. Leave now, while you have the time,” instructed Glorfindel.

“When will you... when should I expect...”

Glorfindel shook his head. “It wouldn’t be much of a punishment if I told you that. To your room, hurry now.” Glorfindel watched Erestor scurry down the tunnel out of the cellar, sitting himself down to think once the other elf had gone.

- - -

“Incredible. I never knew of a sleepwalking elf,” mused Elrond.

“Isn’t it, though?” asked Glorfindel, putting his feet up on the stool in his lord’s office. “I wouldn’t have believed it if someone had told me, but I suddenly had an ache in my foot. When I woke, I was standing upright, and had stubbed my toe on the bench. In my hand was this,” he said, producing the cork and screw. “There was no one else around, and I felt a little tipsy. I could only come to one conclusion.”

Nodding, Elrond agreed. “I think I shall have a lock put on the door that only I have a key to. That should take care of things.”

“Truly, I apologize,” said Glorfindel, but Elrond simply laughed.

“I think it’s rather amusing. However, I do enjoy my wine, so, I am very sorry to say, if I have more than one key made, you will not be given one.”

In the next room, Erestor nervously pulled at and twisted his fingers as he listened to the conversation, an ear pressed against the door between the two offices. He heard the pair laugh and joke. He listened to Glorfindel leave. Expectantly, he rushed to the door leading into the hall. Taking a deep breath, he opened it for Glorfindel.

But there was no one there.

A quick look down either end of the hall confirmed this. Closing the door, but leaving it unlocked, Erestor was positive now that Glorfindel was merely waiting a little while before he came back. Trying to concentrate on his work, Erestor waited impatiently, but when the after-dinner chimes sounded in the hallways, the puzzled elf blew out the candle on his desk and left for his rooms.

Once there, he waited – first, sitting calmly on the bed, then on the balcony. Finding he might not hear Glorfindel knock, Erestor moved to the couch near the door.

It was where he woke in the morning, neck sore and back aching. Confused, Erestor washed up and dressed, heading to the main dining room. He sat at the same table as Glorfindel as usual, but was completely ignored. Even when Erestor purposely attempted to catch Glorfindel’s gaze, the blond looked the other way. Again, Erestor had a difficult time concentrating through the day, and again, Glorfindel did not show up.

This went on for nearly a week before Erestor decided to approach Glorfindel, doing so by going to the captain’s rooms after dinner one evening. A hesitant knock on the door led to Glorfindel opening it, but only a crack. “Counselor, may I help you?”

“Well... I...” For the first time since the incident, their eyes met, but Erestor immediately shied away. “I... thought... “ Erestor shook his head. “Nevermind. I’m sorry,” he mumbled, and quickly walked away.

The next day as Erestor was leaving the council chambers, he felt the ghosting of breath against the tip of his ear. “Impatient, aren’t you?” whispered Glorfindel. Erestor blushed, and Glorfindel kept walking without missing a step, leaving in his wake a flustered elf who then rushed to his office and locked the door.

- - -

“Good morning.”

“G-good... morning,” stuttered Erestor as he entered his office. It was early, just before breakfast. Though normally Erestor did not come here until after eating, on occasion he would stop by to tidy things up. Today was one of those occasions, and finding Glorfindel in the room was not something he had expected.

“You forgot, didn’t you?” Glorfindel’s voice was not accusing, rather more amused. Erestor paused until a look of recognition came upon him. “Well, you didn’t think I would forget,” he chuckled, standing up from the chair behind the desk.

“Maybe?” admitted Erestor. He gave a wistful little smile and Glorfindel tried not to, but smiled back.

Walking to Erestor, Glorfindel patted the other elf’s shoulder. “Part of me wants to not do this, but it’s for your own good.”

“But I haven’t stolen anything at all from the wine cellar since,” Erestor said quickly.

Nodding, Glorfindel leaned forward and said, “But you tried four times to pick the lock.”

“How did you- I mean-“ Crimson crept up to Erestor’s cheeks, and he bowed his head as Glorfindel crossed his arms and started to laugh. “What? What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,” smirked Glorfindel. “Except that I didn’t know if you had tried that, I only guessed you might have. My goodness, Erestor, I never would have pegged you for such a naughty elf until I caught you in the cellar last year. Well, you’ve waited long enough on this, haven’t you?”

“What would you have me do?” Erestor finally asked.

Looking around the room, Glorfindel motioned to the windows that faced out into the courtyard. “Draw back the curtains on that center one, and push open the window. If you know others might hear, you’re less likely to cry out.”

Trembling slightly, Erestor walked to the window and gripped the curtain at the center, drawing them back and flooding the room with light. Fumbling with the lock as he heard Glorfindel approach behind him, a pleasant summer breeze entered the room, rustling the papers on the desk. “Grip the windowsill, and bend at the waist.”

Shaking visibly now, Erestor closed is eyes and did as he was instructed. Outside, the sounds of the new day came in through the window, but in his head, all he heard was the fast thumping of his heartbeat. Then a noise split through the calm of the morning – the crack of leather on leather as Glorfindel snapped the belt he had been wearing. Erestor held his breath and squeezed his eyes shut, his knuckles white from holding the panel of the window so hard. Glorfindel stopped directly beside Erestor and spoke into his ear:

“We’re going to be late for breakfast,” and then turned and walked leisurely out of the room as he put his belt back on, leaving Erestor gawking at the window.

- - -

“You’re torturing me,” accused Erestor that evening when Glorfindel had stopped by the offices after dinner. Numerous times, Glorfindel had cornered Erestor somewhere in private, each time leaving him after briefly teasing him.

“On the contrary. I know what you expected, but I would never lay a hand upon you or anyone else. As far as I am concerned, you’ve learned your lesson. Besides, you’ve admitted, you can’t get into the cellar anymore.”

“So, that’s it, then?”

Glorfindel sat down on the edge of the desk. “You sound dismayed.”

“Well, I still feel... I feel like I haven’t been... that you didn’t...

“Punish you?” asked Glorfindel. “What would you have suggested? That I take you over my knee like an elfling?” When Erestor did not reply, Glorfindel nodded. “That is what you expected.” Taking hold of Erestor’s chin and turning it toward him, Glorfindel added, “It’s what you wanted, isn’t it?”

“It’s... what I expected,” answered Erestor, turning away as his face became flushed. “I’m sorry, please, never mind it, maybe you should go...”

Glorfindel leaned forward but did not turn Erestor to face him again. Instead, he whispered into the ear that was turned his way. “If it will help you to move beyond this, then come to my chambers this evening in an hour. I leave the conclusion of this day in your hands.” With that, Glorfindel swerved around on the desk and hopped off, leaving Erestor an hour of silent contemplation.

- - -

When Erestor finally left his office and arrived at Glorfindel’s rooms, he found he did not have to knock on the door, for it was open just slightly and light poured out into the hall from within. Quickly he entered and shut the door, and Glorfindel looked up from where he sat writing in a small book. Setting aside his quill and journal, Glorfindel stood and approached Erestor. “You’re a bit early,” he remarked, “but I suppose you’ve waited long enough.”

Saying nothing in reply, Erestor simply nodded, keeping his hands at his sides and resisting the urge to knead them together as his stomach knotted up.

“Remove your clothes and put them on the bed, then, follow me,” instructed Glorfindel. He disappeared around the corner then, leaving Erestor to nervously undress. As he removed the last garment and stacked it upon the bed with the others, he heard the voice from the other room say, “Whenever you’re ready,” and shivered slightly, feeling silly and stupid at both his apprehension and his insistence upon doing this. Whatever this was. With a deep breath, Erestor walked to the wall that Glorfindel had disappeared behind.

He was in the bathroom now, a spacious room, that was crowded by a large tub that was awkwardly placed in the center. It was more of a large, low barrel, large enough for an elf to bathe in, perhaps for two to crowd into. The room was dark, lit by only a few candles, and on the counter a bottle of wine caught Erestor’s attention. Stepping forward to the tub, Erestor peered down into it, the smell of fermented grapes wafting up into his nostrils.

Turning, he found Glorfindel directly behind him and was taken by surprise as he was shoved backwards. As his legs hit the tub, his knees bent and propelled him backwards. Losing his balance completely, he fell into the tub, splashing the dark liquid over the sides and across the floor.

As Erestor took hold of either side of the tub to steady himself, he was suddenly shoved down into it. Glorfindel’s held him down by the shoulders for only a few seconds before allowing him back up, coughing and sputtering. “What’s wrong?” asked Glorfindel.

“You’re drowning me,” accused Erestor.

“I thought you liked wine,” Glorfindel said innocently as he pushed Erestor back under. Again, it was only a few moments before he let him back up, and this time he walked to the counter and picked up a few items. Erestor did not see what they were, as Glorfindel set them too near to the tub, and Erestor was still busy wiping the dark liquid from his eyes as Glorfindel knelt down beside the basin. “Up on your knees and take a good hold of the edge,” said Glorfindel. Happy to oblige and not worry about being dunked under again, Erestor did as he was told.

The blond elf held up a small device and showed it to Erestor. “Do you know what this is used for?” Erestor shook his head. “It’s a funnel, it’s how the wine is put into each bottle. The correct amount is poured into it, and then you squeeze here,” explained Glorfindel, doing so to the handle. Something clicked, and out from the bottle of the metal spout spilled the wine in a fine stream until it emptied onto the floor in a red puddle. “Tell me,” he said, as he lifted up the bottle of wine, “ how many glasses would you steal in a night? One? Two?” He poured half the bottle into the mouth of the funnel, and Erestor’s wide eyes watched it all. “You’re going to have to lean over the tub a little,” said Glorfindel as he stood up, minding the wine. “And do hold still, it could be rather painful if you cause me to slip...”

- - -

As Glorfindel pulled back the empty funnel, it was replaced with the cork from the bottle, which slid in slowly. “Sit,” directed Glorfindel, giving Erestor’s posterior a swat, and not the first one that night, as he went to put the funnel up on the counter. Maneuvering carefully around, Erestor drew his hand across his eyes, not wanting Glorfindel to see his tears. He was wishing now that he had not come, but surprisingly to himself, not entirely.

Erestor was presented with a full goblet of wine. “Drink,” said Glorfindel softly. Reaching out for the cup, Erestor took hold of it and brought it to his lips, thankful for the fact that Glorfindel was keeping one hand upon it to keep it steady. He drank most of it and pulled back to pause, but apparently Glorfindel did not ascertain his need for air, for he kept the goblet tilted to Erestor’s lips. The dark elf strained to finish the rest before gasping for air as Glorfindel refilled the goblet.

“Here,” offered Glorfindel, pressing the wine back into Erestor’s hands.

“Thank you, but I-“

“Drink.” Glorfindel’s tone and expression demanded it, and shakily Erestor wrapped his hands around the bell of the cup. “All of it,” he added as Erestor brought the goblet to his lips. He drank faster this time, knowing he would not be allowed to delay, but was met with resistance for it. He coughed and one hand moved to clutch his stomach, which was cramping from earlier events. A low whimper escaped his lips as he watched another glass being poured. When he turned his head away, Glorfindel threatened, “I could retrieve the funnel and force the rest down your throat.”

Blinking back a few tears, Erestor took hold of the goblet and sniffled his way through the third cupful. This time, Glorfindel did not force him to drink it in it’s entirety, but each time the cup was lowered, he added to it from the bottle until finally the last few droplets fell into the nearly empty cup. “Finish it,” he said quietly as he took the bottle to the counter. Erestor did so, and then numbly felt the goblet being taken from his hands. That, too, was put on the counter.

When Glorfindel returned, he appeared to contemplate something, but only for a moment. Leaning down, he pulled Erestor up by the arm and hauled him over his knee, spilling the liquid across the floor. Erestor unsteadily grabbed for something to hold on to as the first blow fell upon his backside.

“Repeat after me.” Glorfindel spoke in a level voice, aiming his smacks between words. “Stealing is wrong.”

“St-stealing is wrong,” parroted Erestor in a small voice.

“Trespassing is wrong.”

“Trespassing is wrong.” Erestor made an attempt to shift his position so that the blows were not so harsh, but this merely prompted Glorfindel to strike him with more force. He gritted his teeth, trying not to yelp as the warrior’s hand connected with his damp, stinging flesh.

“There is no pleasure in being a lush.”

“There is... no pleasure in being a lush.” These last words hurt more than the final blow. Erestor found himself pushed back into the tub, shoved under one last time for good measure.

“Now you’ll stay there and think about what you did,” Glorfindel said evenly. He blew out the candles and closed the door, leaving Erestor in darkness. He was cold, and he was sore. Tears were just beginning to roll down his cheeks as Erestor slumped back in the basin.

- - -

The wait Erestor had before Glorfindel returned seemed to rival eternity. When the door finally opened again, Glorfindel stepped in slowly, peering around the door. “May I come in?” he asked, genuine concern in his eyes. Erestor nodded before hanging his head as the other elf approached him, tossing a large, fluffy towel over the still open door. There was barely any light in the room, but Glorfindel knew the area well and did not need it to help Erestor up from the basin and clean him up in the real tub, where fresh, clean water was waiting for him.

The towel was wrapped around him, and his hair was combed out in the darkness. Still, Erestor said nothing, he merely sat with a contemplative look on the floor in front of Glorfindel as he was readied for bed. “It’s very late, I think perhaps you should stay the night,” suggested the blond, causing Erestor to nod again. “I hope you’ve... learned your lesson,” Glorfindel settled upon as he led the slighter elf back into the bedroom. He received another nod as he took the towel from Erestor and helped him into the bed. There was little light in the room, only a beam from the moon in the cloudy sky outside, but Erestor kept his sight fixed upon it until sleep finally settled upon him.

- - -

He did not awaken until well past noon the next day, but being an off day, he planned to simply lounge until the memories came back and he recalled that this was not his bed. Drawing the down the covers that he had burrowed down into, he saw Glorfindel beside him, writing in his little book. Glorfindel shifted his gaze upon seeing the movement and smiled as he set his work aside. “Good afternoon,” he said to the elf that was peeking out from his nest of blankets. Erestor mumbled a reply. “Are you hungry?” he asked, but Erestor shook his head. “I hope I didn’t hurt you,” Glorfindel said, his voice becoming serious. “That was never my intention... I didn’t even want it to get to that.”

“I’m not hurt. Not physically, just my pride, I guess,” answered Erestor. “I’m... embarrassed,” he admitted. “That I did what I did, that I was caught, that I was punished-“

“I had no intention,” spoke Glorfindel, but Erestor untangled himself from the sheets and sat up, shaking his head.

“No, I know that. I think... I felt I deserved something. And... I don’t trust many others, I didn’t want Elrond to find out, I-“

“Erestor-“

“Please, let me finish-“

“No, uhm, Erestor, I think-“

“Glorfindel, this is really difficult for me to express this,” he said, taking a deep breath as Glorfindel leaned over him to retrieve something from the table that was sitting on Erestor’s side of the bed. “Glorfindel, what are you doing?” he asked as the blond scuttled back to his part of the bed.

In Glorfindel’s hands was a small hand mirror, and he wore a worried look. “Promise me you won’t kill me,” he said as he held out the mirror.

Erestor cautiously took it and after trying to guess at what had worried Glorfindel so, turned it to face himself. He immediately dropped it with a gasp and turned to Glorfindel. “What was in that tub?” he squeaked.

“Mostly water,” answered Glorfindel. He cringed as Erestor reached up and drew down a lock of his hair with a whimper. “Some grape juice, and a good amount of red dye from the seamstress... that’s why I had you take off your clothing,” he stated in a rush as Erestor pulled a pillow from behind him and began to beat Glorfindel mercilessly with it. “I knew it would wash off of our skin, I didn’t even think about your hair!”

“You couldn’t have made me think it was white wine?” shouted Erestor, now only landing his blows whenever Glorfindel lowered his arms from his head. “You couldn’t have used food dyes?”

“I... I wasn’t thinking, I only had an hour!” Glorfindel grabbed hold of the pillow and held onto it as Erestor’s chest heaved in anger. “You have to admit, it matches your personality now.” With a growl, Erestor yanked back the pillow and continued his onslaught.

“Ow! –please- ow! –stop!” Glorfindel ducked under the blankets and tried to cocoon them around himself. “Mercy! Mercy!” he pleaded, but this was only after Erestor had started to chuckle and stopped hitting him so hard. When the pillow stopped connecting with him, Glorfindel peeked out and was bopped once more. “Ow.”

“You’re lucky I’m not entirely unreasonable,” scolded Erestor. Glorfindel nodded as Erestor dropped the pillow onto the floor and picked up the mirror. “At least it’s not bright red. Then I would have to kill you.”

“But you’d look so cute with bright red hair,” said Glorfindel, biting his tongue almost immediately. “Are you... can I get you something to drink? I mean, no, not a drink drink, I mean... I have coffee in the other room,” he said quickly, noticing the sick look on Erestor’s face.

“Coffee would be great. But... not...” Erestor rubbed his head. “I never want to see another glass of wine. Or another bottle, especially not another bottle.”

“Coffee it is,” smiled Glorfindel, getting up from the bed. “I’ll be right back,” he promised, disappearing through the doorway into the small dining room that led to his balcony.

Erestor waited only until Glorfindel was through the door before he rolled over onto Glorfindel’s side of the bed and onto his stomach, pulling the book that had been placed aside to him. As he started to read it, his lips curved up into a smile until he was grinning quite foolishly.

“Hey!” Glorfindel rushed over to the bed and set the mugs down on the table, while Erestor clutched the book and stumbled from the bed onto the floor, his legs tied up in the sheet. “That’s not for anyone to see but me!”

“You shouldn’t have left it out, then,” advised Erestor, pulling himself away from the bed and scooting into the nearest corner with the journal. “You have beautiful penmanship-“

“Give it back to me,” laughed Glorfindel nervously, crawling across the bed. Erestor squished himself back into the corner as far as he could.

“-it is very legible, and easy to read my name,” he added, and he bit his bottom lip as he smiled. Glorfindel landed with a slight thud on the ground before him, a blush creeping up his neck to his cheeks. “Your use of adjectives is commendable, too.”

“Alright, you’ve had your fun, now give it back,” insisted Glorfindel, making a half-hearted swipe at it.

“ ‘Beautiful Erestor’... ‘Erestor’s gorgeous eyes and confidant smile’… ‘Exotic Erestor’, I like that one, and, where is it... ah, here it is, ‘Erestor’s tight, squeezable little ass’. Thank you, I pride myself on keeping in shape.”

Glorfindel sat back in defeat, raising his eyes to the ceiling and shaking his head. “I suppose you’ll share this with all of the realm, now, won’t you? Best start at the beginning, then, I was admiring Lindir for a while, too.”

“That little slut? Please, he’s had more bed partners than Lothlorien’s had rulers, you’re much better than that. He wouldn’t have deserved you,” Erestor commented as he flipped back to the beginning. “Hmm... Lindir, Lindir, Lindir... ah, here we are... oh, my, you were smitten bad by that minstrel, weren’t you?”

“Yes, well, he kept singing those songs about me, I didn’t realize at the time it was for his benefit and not- wait, what did you say about him?”

“That you were smitten bad by him?” asked Erestor, turning back to the more recent entries.

“No, the other part, before that.”

“That he’s had more lovers than-“

“Keep backing up,” said Glorfindel.

“Oh, that he’s a slut,” Erestor said. “Well, he is,” he added when he looked up to meet Glorfindel’s gaping mouth.

“I can’t believe you just said that. Twice!” blurted out Glorfindel.

“Yes, well, I am known for my blatant honesty.” Smirking and recalling the reason why he was here, and in question to Glorfindel’s raised brows, he said, “Most of the time.”

“Fine, but I still don’t believe you used the word ‘slut’. I just... you’re a lot different than I thought you would be,” Glorfindel said, moving beside Erestor in the corner. He snuggled against him and asked, “What’s so fascinating that you’re reading now?”

“Just this part about what you planned to do to me if you ever managed to get me into your bed. Did you try any of this last night?”

“While you were asleep? How could you think I would take advantage of the situation by-“

“Did you?”

“Only the third and fourth ones,” admitted Glorfindel as he slumped down. “But, for the record, when I kissed you, you kissed back.”

“In my sleep?” laughed Erestor. “I kissed you back in my sleep? Incredible.”

“Yes, you are,” whispered Glorfindel.

Erestor closed the book and lifted it up, tossing it onto the table. “When were you planning on mentioning it?”

“Never.”

“You were never going to tell me that you kissed me? Why ever not?” pouted Erestor.

“I didn’t say I’d never tell you, I said I never planned to. Probably, whenever we kissed when you were awake for the first time, if we ever did, I’d probably tell you then,” assumed Glorfindel bashfully.

“But now I already know,” Erestor reminded him. “So, now what are you going to tell me the first time we kiss when I’m awake?”

Glorfindel shrugged. “I guess I’ll have to make something up.”

“Better think fast,” suggested Erestor, turning his head to face Glorfindel.

“Why?” asked Glorfindel, shifting so that he was facing Erestor. “Are you going to kiss me now?”

“No,” answered Erestor, capturing Glorfindel’s gaze. “You’re going to kiss me and then I’m going to kiss you back.”

“Am I?” smiled Glorfindel. “You seem fairly confident about that.”

“I am,” nodded Erestor. “But, of course, if you’d rather prove me wrong-“ He was silenced as Glorfindel tilted his head slightly and sought out Erestor’s mouth with his own lips. Their bodies entwined, legs crossing over legs and arms wrapping around anything within reach before they parted, but only just slightly, noses touching as they shared a giddy moment together.

“So? What do you have to say about that?” wondered Erestor.

“I think the coffee’s getting cold,” replied Glorfindel in a low, seductive voice.

“Screw the coffee, I know of other ways for us to keep warm.” Erestor’s tone was just as lustful, and staying true to his promise, he leaned in to capture another kiss.

They were both panting as they scrambled from the floor onto the bed, neither of them saying a word, but communicating with grunts and gasps as they shoved the rest of the blankets out of the way. The remaining pillows were kept, but left forgotten for some time as they explored one another, claiming flesh with rough kisses and strong hands.

“Never... expected...” began Glorfindel after having been pinned down on the bed, fingers tangled with Erestors.

The red-haired elf smiled wickedly and bit at Glorfindel’s shoulder. “No one ever does,” he said in response. “I’m curious,” purred Erestor, widening the space between Glorfindel’s legs with his knee, “how long has it been?”

“Too long,” he moaned, bending one leg at the knee as he lifted himself a little from the bed. Erestor had grabbed one of the pillows and was trying to shove it under the blond elf’s hips. Sliding his hand under Glorfindel’s firm backside, he managed to position him as he wished. “For you?”

Erestor rested back on his legs that were folded under him. “That’s why I drink. To forget,” he said softly. “It’s been a... long time for me as well.”

“I’m sorry,” Glorfindel apologized. Erestor shook his head.

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” said Erestor, running his hand along Glorfindel’s thigh. “In fact, I should thank you. This is the first time in years that I haven’t woken up only to pour myself a glass of wine.”

Glorfindel took hold of Erestor’s hand and leaned forward as he drew it to his lips. “You are more than welcome, Erestor,” he said, kissing Erestor’s palm. He settled back against the remaining pillows and bent both knees. “Now... I suppose we shall need-“

“Allow me.” Erestor bent over in his kneeling position, his tongue experimentally tasting Glorfindel’s erection. With one hand he held it so that his lips could easily encircle the head, and Glorfindel’s encouragement of Erestor’s tantalizing touches came in the form of sudden gasps and thrusts with his hips with hopes to make closer contact. Tangling his hands in the thick reddish hair, Glorfindel’s legs trembled as Erestor used his tongue to wet the taught skin that relaxed as he was stroked with one strong hand. Erestor’s other hand was being used slightly lower, the tip of one finger gently inserted after he had sucked on it.

Grunting as his hands fell away from Erestor’s hair, Glorfindel twisted the sheets in his fingers, pulling them tighter and tighter as he continued to be breached slowly. It may have been long, but Erestor had obviously not forgotten the patience needed to prepare a lover. There was a warmth spreading through Glorfindel’s body, reaching his fingers and toes and shooting back through to the source again. His head rolled from one side to the other, and his back arched when Erestor’s touch ignited a hidden flame within him. His thrashing became too wild, and Erestor retracted his finger from within.

With a pleading moan, Glorfindel reached forward to touch Erestor, managing to take hold of his wrist. “I really need you, Erestor, I can’t wait much longer.”

Crawling up over Glorfindel’s body on his hands and knees, Erestor playfully nipped Glorfindel’s lips. “I can’t wait much longer, either.” Erestor slowly lowered himself as he and the golden elf kissed and caressed each other. Still unsure of themselves, their touches served to arouse and comfort one another. Glorfindel soon found himself facing away from Erestor, with his back to his companion’s chest, and he trembled and made Erestor chuckle, but not in an unfriendly way. “This is new to you, isn’t it? You’re usually the one in this position, aren’t you?”

“Not exactly,” explained Glorfindel, twining the fingers of his right hand with Erestor’s left, which was draped languidly over his hip. “I’m usually on my back, or something less comfortable,” he said with an uneasy laugh.

“So you haven’t done this before.”

“Of course I’ve had sex before,” snorted Glorfindel. “I’m not a young elf, wet behind the ears.”

Sitting up a little, Erestor moved the hair away from Glorfindel’s neck and kissed him gently, sweet and soft. “You’ve had partners, yes, but you haven’t had lovers.”

“Lovers can break your heart,” said Glorfindel seriously. “A quick romp with some nameless ellon can do nothing to emotionally hurt you.”

“But it can do nothing to enhance you emotionally, either.” Erestor twirled a lock of golden hair around the fingers of his right hand. “Do you want me to be another nameless ellon?” There was no answer, only silence, until Glorfindel shook his head. “Do you want someone to love you?”

Glorfindel brought their entwined hands to his lips and kissed the back of Erestor’s, pressing his lips against the cool, pale skin, and lingering as he drew his thoughts together. “If it’s you,” he said, and kissed Erestor’s wrist. “I know you won’t break my heart.”

“I will love you forever,” promised Erestor as he brought their joined hands to his own face, and kissed Glorfindel’s palm before detangling his fingers and resting his cheek against the blond’s open hand, his fingers idly rubbing the back of Glorfindel’s hand, traveling down his arm. Shifting again, Erestor drew up against Glorfindel as closely as he could, and ran one hand down Glorfindel’s chest slowly, coming to rest between his legs. Coaxing them apart, he lifted Glorfindel’s left leg over his own and back a little, and again there was a slight shift, and Glorfindel rested his weight a bit more upon Erestor. One hand was drawn up and down Glorfindel’s length, while the other played with sun-spun golden hair. Every now and again, Erestor bent his head to nip Glorfindel’s shoulder or lick his jaw, or simply murmur into his ear sweet, seductive phrases that would cause Glorfindel to respond with his own simple phrase of ‘Oh, Erestor...’ or simply to moan pleasurably.

Moving away and pushing Glorfindel onto his back, Erestor continued to stimulate his lover with one hand, tucking Glorfindel’s head under his own with the other. “Isn’t it silly that you thought me to be shy and I thought you to be so bold? We are perfect opposites, both in public and private, you and I. The masks we hide behind during the day have slipped away now to reveal ourselves to one another. But here, in the darkness, in the safety of a room with doors locked and curtains drawn, there is between us only fire and passion, and a desire to be close to one another.”

“Need you,” panted Glorfindel. “Want you to-“

“Soon,” said Erestor as a smile curled upon his lips. “I need something from you, first,” he added, and as his strokes had not ceased, he continued still, but now turned his head and began to kiss Glorfindel’s face. It was sloppily done, his mouth only connecting with Glorfindel’s half the time at most. With a long drawn sigh, Glorfindel relaxed as Erestor smeared his fingers in the iridescent fluid that had dribbled down Glorfindel’s shaft and been propelled across his stomach. “Thank you,” he said, and kissed the snickering ellon’s ear as he covered his own hardened length.

“Wouldn’t it be easier if I’m on my back?” asked Glorfindel as he was again nudged onto his side.

“Maybe,” admitted Erestor. “But it’s not so intimate, I think.” Rubbing what was left of Glorfindel’s release along the blond’s cleft, Erestor’s fingers probed gently until Glorfindel was ready for him. “Have you ever watched an ellon and an elleth make love? They stay as close to one another as they can, they wrap their bodies around each other. The easiest position for them is also one of the most loving. The easiest position for us is one of the most crude. You are not a dog nor a horse; I shall not take you like an animal.”

“What if... I should want you to?” asked Glorfindel as his leg was elevated and he felt Erestor’s erection pressing into him.

Erestor paused. “I would not deny you that; but give me a chance to fully make my counterargument.”

Glorfindel tested his muscles, clenching and unclenching as he was slowly entered. He could tell that Erestor could not fully sheath himself in this position, but there was a closeness that superceded any such need to be pounded into at a furious pace or taken hard and deep. This was... nice, was the first word that came to mind as Erestor rocked his hips a little. It was so different from the arrogant thrusts Glorfindel was used to; the smirks on the faces of others he had brought to this bed, the lascivious looks they would give him as they finished, as if to gloat that they had been able to take the famed slayer, to use him for one night as they wanted. Erestor’s behavior was so far from this, Glorfindel decided as he felt wave after wave of skin-tingling bliss wash over him. This wasn’t at all the same as any of his previous encounters.

Erestor found release only after a long, enjoyable lovemaking, during which Glorfindel was brought to the pinnacle of pleasure twice more. That second time had been the most emotional, for he whispered to Erestor the admittance of his earlier thoughts, and his denial of what he had felt for Erestor for so long. Unexpectedly for Glorfindel, Erestor had stopped, and simply held him and placed comforting kisses on his neck and back until Glorfindel asked him to continue, assuring Erestor that he was not one of the many nameless whom he had had encounters with in the past. Vows of love once more tumbled from Erestor’s mouth, and Glorfindel echoed them this time.

Wearily, they dozed a little after they had finished, waking only to bathe and tuck a fresh sheet over the mattress. The night greeted them as they were crawling into bed, barely spending a moment apart, and even as they rested, they were in one another’s embrace.

- - -

“Mmm... Glorfindel, where are you?”

“Over here, just a moment,” he called from the bathroom. He had just finished dumping the contents of the basin down the drain as Erestor came into the bathroom and let out a gasp of surprise that was followed by laughter that caused him to double over. “What are we to call you now? Carnėfindel?” he finally managed, wrapping his fingers around a mass of damp, strawberry-blond hair and giving it a playful pull.

“Call me what you like, but I’ve felt so terrible about it, so now, I shall share your plight,” grinned Glorfindel, stealing a kiss. “Actually, I quite like it,” he admitted, admiring his new look in the mirror.

“You scoundrel, you just wanted to steal away the attention from me,” teased Erestor, coming around and wrapping his arms around the warrior’s chest as he pressed his cheek to Glorfindel’s back. “Did you ever think that it would give away what has transpired between us?”

“Not really. I expect that when I kiss you before the whole of Imladris at breakfast, that that is what shall give away our secret.”

“Not if I kiss you first,” Erestor told him, poking his lover’s back with his finger. Glorfindel spun around and slid his arms around the waist of the ellon who smiled mischievously up at him, pulling him close.

“Is that a threat?”

“It’s a promise,” Erestor told him, and tugged again on a mass of golden-red hair.

- - -

“Oh, you poor things!” Celebrian tisked and took hold of one of Glorfindel’s hands and then one of Erestor’s hands, looking at them in an apologetic manner. “I can’t believe it, it happened to you, too!” Her hands pulled back and she examined first Glorfindel’s hair, and then Erestor’s, shaking her head the whole time. “Oh, and right down to the roots!” Sadly, she shook her head again as Glorfindel and Erestor exchanged looks with one another briefly.

“Perhaps you should fill us in,” suggested Erestor, offering his elbow to the lady of the house. Celebrian took it with a sigh, and leaning towards Erestor, gave them the explanation.

“Someone dumped a large amount of dyed water into the plumbing system,” she said. “The hand pumps all jammed because there was too much of it, and when a number of our inhabitants and guests pumped the water for their showers this morn, they were greeted not with fresh, warm water, but with something cold and very red. It has backed up into the system and is washing back through the pipes. Elrond does not expect for it to be taken care of completely until tomorrow. In the meantime, half of Imladris stinks, while the other half is, well, red. I am so, so sorry,” she said, her hand drifting up to touch Erestor’s red hair again.

“It’s not the end of Arda,” Glorfindel assured her as the trio entered the dining hall, and indeed, Celebrian’s assessment of the situation had been very correct. Many grumpy elves and men were sitting here and there, with hair ranging in color from deep burgundy to almost pink. The rest were politely giggling behind napkins or slapping their knees as they chuckled. Celebrian excused herself to console a brooding, red-haired half-elven lord, biting her lip so as not to laugh.

Turning to Erestor, Glorfindel smirked. “Well. I don’t think we’ll be found out so easily as first predicted. This is all your fault, you know,” he said softly as their gazes wandered across the room.

“My fault? You’re the one who dyed half of Imladris red,” Erestor grinned back.

“You stole the wine in the first place,” Glorfindel reminded him.

Erestor shrugged. “Be glad it was wine and not blueberry preserves.”

“You’d look so cute with blue hair,” answered Glorfindel, and laughed as he was playfully shoved into the room by his lover.
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=182