Poetry in Motion by Zhie
Summary: Bad sex gone good... Glorfindel teaches something to Erestor...
Illustrations by Mei
Categories: Stories of Arda > Bunniverse (PPB-AU) > Fourth Age Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Poetic, Romantic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: Meanwhile in Rivendell
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4843 Read: 2510 Published: January 26 2008 Updated: January 26 2008

1. Complete by Zhie

Complete by Zhie
Image copyright Mei.  It's hers, not yers, no swipin' or we swat ya.
"I always wonder…"

"What?" questioned Erestor, pulling back from the kiss he had been about to bestow upon Glorfindel's lips. The blonde shook his head, but Erestor held him off until he answered.

"I always wonder when you look into my eyes like that, what do you see?"

Looking down upon Glorfindel, Erestor smiled and said, "That is an easy question to answer," he said, lifting his hand and brushing the back of it against the warm skin of his lover's cheek. "I find warmth and light in your eyes, and I see only love."

Glorfindel smiled, having heard this answer before in a poetic verse Erestor had penned about him. "I wish I had such mastery of words as you do, my dearest. You speak so eloquently of me, and yet I sometimes stutter in your presence. After all these years living alone in this great place one would think I would not have trouble talking to you, yet I stumble through my sentences some days."

"Not always," Erestor assured him in a comforting voice, dragging his hand through golden locks, only just slightly damp from their immediate passion.

"Mmm, but more times than I would like. I wish I could come up with the poems and songs you do. I feel I have cheated you of something by not being quite as artistic and creative."

Laughing, Erestor shook his head. "Poor Fin, you think yourself unimaginative. You who introduced such things as orange marmalade to our lovemaking?"

"I can tempt you with things I do, but never with what I say," pouted Glorfindel.

"Actions speak louder than words."

"Less talk, more action, then, Ress?"

Knocking the rest of the poetry books from the desk, Erestor nodded. "Aye, Fin."

Grinning predatorily, Glorfindel's hands found their way to the small of Erestor's back and then further, and he shivered when Erestor growled and leaned closer to nip at his neck. They'd both been so caught up with activities in the house as of late, it had been well over a month since either had dragged the other to the furs that warmed by the fire or the table in the study that was just the right height. The desk was merely convenient; as it had been what Erestor was sitting at when Glorfindel came to the realization he was shirking his husbandly duties. Or was it the other way around, he wondered.

"Fin?"

"Yes, my love?"

"You've stopped," said Erestor, a little worried. "What is the matter?"

Glorfindel shook his head and tried to kiss away Erestor's concern, but once more he was held fast. "I still wish I could do the same as you with words. Every day, you're reciting some little verse or singing some song, and though it may seem so very small a thing to you, it means the world to me. To hear you sing out your love, to put it into poetry, it is indescribable how happy I feel. I wish I could do the same."

"We each have our own talents," assured Erestor. Allowing Glorfindel closer again, he savored the taste and texture as their tongues twisted and turned, tormenting one another. His own began to trace a path from Glorfindel's jaw to his ear, which was licked and then tugged at with teeth. Smiling to himself as the volume of Glorfindel's moans increased, Erestor said, "You have your hidden culinary skills which you have brought to our bed, and I have my words. Midnight snacks and conversation, it's a glorious combination."

"Midnight snack… 'tis not even midday… you don't plan to stop, do you?" teased Glorfindel between pants.

Knowing what the real question was, Erestor ran his foot down along Glorfindel's bare side and leg until his toes felt the floor. The desk was much too high for him to sit on if Glorfindel had planned to have his wicked way, but as they reversed their positions, one could see Erestor's blessing of height would be an extra burden to the poor desk they had chosen.

Glorfindel pulled open the top drawer of the desk as he positioned himself on the edge and looked down over the side. Erestor grabbed for the ointment that was kept in the desk and found it was not there. Frowning, Erestor moved around to the side, with Glorfindel scanning the cluttered contents as they were pushed through. "I know we put it back in here when we were done last time," mumbled Erestor as he began to toss larger items out of the desk that had formerly belonged to the Lord of Imladris in an attempt to find the cream Elrond often used when his hands were sore from writing. The first time Glorfindel had persuaded Erestor to take him on this desk - which had taken very little actual persuading - the dark elf had hastily used some of the jar's contents, and found it was actually rather enjoyable, for it cooled the skin it was applied to at first contact, then warmed it. He sighed; to think of the dueling sensations it produced - if only he could find it.

"There is still some strawberry jam left in the kitchen," spoke Glorfindel as he watched Erestor hunt for the jar in the desk, swinging his legs like a small elfling would. "Shall I retrieve it?"

Stopping dead in his tracks, Erestor simply asked, "Strawberry jam?"

"Yes, strawberry… Look, I know what you are thinking, but no. I would coat you with it, yes, but then, dear Erestor, I would take you in my mouth and clean it from you, and just that alone would-"

"Glorfindel," chuckled Erestor, closing the drawer to the desk, "I do not want to kiss you and taste strawberry jam. Nor anything else, save you." Erestor slipped his hand around Glorfindel's neck and pulled him over, claiming his mouth and exploring deep within the dark cavern. The leg swinging stopped, as did the kiss, and Erestor looked back to the desk with a slight frown. He stooped down and began to sort through the items kept in the cabinet underneath the desk. "You're sweet enough already."

"Am I?"

"Mmm," answered Erestor, licking his lips though Glorfindel could not see. "You taste like honey."

"Do I?"

"Mmm-hmm-ow!"

Glorfindel cringed as he heard, and felt, Erestor bang his head on the top of the cabinet he was looking in. "It would take me but a moment to go to the kitchen," he offered again, his voice apologetic.

"It would be wiser for you to use your time settling yourself comfortably," advised Erestor, spying the jar behind boxes of quills and dozens of scrolls that had been hidden below. Forgetting his injury, Erestor greedily grabbed the jar, knocking the scrolls askew but not much caring.

When he stood, he found Glorfindel resting back on the desk with his arms beneath his head and his golden mane fanned out. Legs were loosely hung over the edge, but would find their way around Erestor's waist or some other out of the way place later. Leering hungrily down upon his prey, Erestor twisted the lid from the jar and tossed it aside. "How do you want it, Fin?" asked Erestor, dipping his fingers into the jar and swirling them around the sides.

"Oh, I trust your judgment," mumbled Glorfindel with a smile on his fair face.

"Tell me," insisted Erestor as he set the jar aside. His dry hand felt along Glorfindel's leg before lifting it up to nip at his lover's calf as his opposite hand teased a slippery path along the blonde's entrance. "Tell me, Fin."

"Take it slow, love, slow and sweet like honey," replied Glorfindel

Slow was not the accurate word for the pace at which Erestor simply slid a single finger into the tight passage. Glorfindel focused on the languid speed at which he was penetrated, the gentle strokes that reached deep within him and coursed through his body. Each repetition was slower than the next, until Erestor was dragging his digits in and out of Glorfindel's writhing body at a painfully erotic speed. Erestor had followed instructions exactly, for each moment was sweeter than the next.

Twice Glorfindel began to speak, but his words were swallowed up by the moans and gasps that came out instead. Upon his third failed attempt, Erestor tried to coax him to speak his mind. "Talk to me, Fin. You can tell me anything."

Glorfindel shook his head, and turned away to close his eyes. Ceasing his movements, Erestor frowned, uncertain how to read his lover. Remembering the conversation earlier, he tried to piece together what exactly was wrong. It was then that he recalled something of the past, and things became clearer.



* Flashback - Imladris - End of the Second Age *

"Why don't you just tell King Oropher what you think of his plans?"

"Because I don't trust him," answered Glorfindel.

Erestor looked up from his work, unsure of whether he should leave or just try to ignore the exchange. The Lord of Imladris and his seneschal were headed in his direction, however, and he realized neither was expected of him as they took up seats across from him in the now empty Hall of Fire.

"Why don't you trust him?" pressed Elrond, nodding a greeting in Erestor's direction. Erestor bowed his head closed the folio with the figures for the budget to better listen to the conversation at hand.

"When I was last in Mirkwood, he offered me wine and I drank in his hall with him. When he came here and I offered similar hospitality, he refused each time. Never a drop did he drink that was not tasted first by his personal guard, and only water." Crossing his arms and giving both Elrond and Erestor serious looks, he said, "I trust no elf that will not drink with me, be he peasant or king. And I cannot speak my mind openly to an elf I do not fully trust."



Why this thought came to his mind confused Erestor at first, until he let his eyes wander the planes and valleys of the beautiful one before him and he took note of the lone peak that rose proudly up from the smooth muscled body. There was one thing Glorfindel had never asked for, one thing Erestor had yet to do. So often had Glorfindel taken it upon himself to provide Erestor with such sweet release without expecting reciprocation. Saying nothing as he withdrew from Glorfindel's body, Erestor slowly lowered himself and balanced with one knee and one foot on the floor as he used his hand to experimentally run his fingertips along the rigid member.

Glorfindel registered the sudden change and sat up to discover what had happened. As he did so, his position gave Erestor a better angle to work with. Before Glorfindel could question what seemed to him strange behavior, he was throwing his head back in ecstasy. "Oh, Ress, oh… yes!" Glorfindel's hands snaked into the dark hair as he dared look back down again.

The only movement Erestor had made was to run his tongue up Glorfindel's length, and he himself had shuddered as he did so. He felt it was one of the most intimate things he would ever do, and one of the scariest for an elf who had spent thousands upon thousands of years with more than a passing interest in more than a few elleths and never a second glance at elves who didn't wear dresses. Now he knelt upon the floor of his former lord's study and took his friend of many years and lover of so few into his mouth and promptly squeezed his eyes shut as tears came to them.

"Erestor!" Glorfindel's cry came of concern, and he pulled back and out of Erestor's reach. "You're going to choke if you do that!"

"You do it all the time!" gasped Erestor, somewhat embarrassed by his coughing. He reddened and bowed his head to the floor.

"Oh, darling," Glorfindel slid down from the desk and cupped Erestor's face in his hands as he sat down before him. "When I am relaxed, yes, I can do a great many things," he said, kissing the glowing cheeks with great affection. "Admittedly, I also have much more practice than you in this particular activity."

"I just…" Erestor averted his eyes though he could not move his head away and said, "I just wanted you to trust me."

"What? Why do you think I don't?" Glorfindel gathered Erestor up against him and the Noldo wrapped his arms around his protector. "Oh, Erestor," he said, kissing his lover as Erestor dropped his barriers and allowed Glorfindel to fully explore his mind. "You sweet thing, I trust you more than I trust anyone. It isn't I don't trust you. I just don't want you to laugh at me or think me a dolt."

"I would never think that!" Erestor sat back up and stared into the darkened aqua eyes. "In the past, perhaps I was less than congenial for a time, but you had changed so much from the way you were in Gondolin. I should never have said so much of what I did, but you can be assured I never will again."

"Oh… that's too bad…" pouted Glorfindel. "I rather like your dry sense of humor. Even at my expense," he said, making the other elf smile a little. "But what I want to say to you is much more personal, and I would indeed feel terrible if you laughed."

"I promise to make no jest," swore Erestor, but Glorfindel put a finger to his lips.

"What I want you to promise," said Glorfindel, "is that you will finish the first thing you started here."

Rising with a smile, Erestor held out a hand to Glorfindel to pull him back up from the floor. Glorfindel waited until he was on his feet and before drawing his lover into a firm and passionate kiss, which Erestor eagerly returned. "I will…" promised Erestor, moving away slightly with heavy-lidded eyes. "But… first…" His hands slid down the taut muscles of Glorfindel's body, at last reaching his destination and giving it a few even strokes. "Teach me."

"Mmm, teach you…" Glorfindel purred. He smiled lazily and gave Erestor a tug in the direction of the desk before letting go of him. Hopping up on the edge of the desk, Glorfindel patted the empty spot next to him. "Well, for starters, you can't try to slide the whole thing down your throat at once. In fact, if it's down your throat, there's a good chance you're going to choke on it." Erestor was nodding as he climbed up next to Glorfindel.

"Shall I try again?" asked Erestor.

"Oh, sweet one," laughed Glorfindel lovingly, pulling Erestor close to him. "Though there are no doubt those who would consider themselves naturals in this particular form of lovemaking, there is something to be said for practice. Now, when I first began to entertain such thoughts, I didn't want to appear ignorant, nor could I practice on myself. Obviously," he grinned as Erestor gave him an odd look. "However, one's fingers can be used to prepare more than one sexual activity."

Erestor blushed and received a comforting kiss on the side of the neck. "Alright," he said after swallowing hard. "So, like this then?" he asked, rather unsure of himself as he lifted one finger to his mouth and began to suck on it.

Smiling gently, Glorfindel eased Erestor's hand from his mouth and kissed the curled fingers before nipping at parted lips. "Your fingers are very long and thin, whereas mine, you see, more resemble the, ah, end product," he said. "And instead of keeping it in one place, you should move it in and out of your mouth. Or rather, your mouth should be moving, it will be the more mobile of the two."

Glorfindel extended his index finger out to Erestor, who timidly took hold of the hand to which it was attached. Holding Glorfindel's fist steadily before him, Erestor moved forward, taking Glorfindel's finger into his mouth halfway before moving away slightly, and then once more repeating his actions. Nodding with encouragement, Glorfindel made corrections to Erestor's techniques as he deemed necessary, soon offering a second finger and then a third.

As Erestor grew bolder, incorporating his tongue and teeth, Glorfindel leaned over to lick his companion's neck. "If you really want to try again, get on your knees," instructed Glorfindel. Erestor was on the floor in a matter of moments as Glorfindel stood before him, his legs slightly spread and his arms at his sides. "Don't take it all at once, Ress, and don't think if you stop that I'll be upset or anything. I'm incredibly and happily surprised, but I do not want you in discomfort."

Image copyright Mei.  It's hers, not yers, no swipin' or we swat ya.Wiping the sweat from his palms on his thighs, Erestor used one to grip Glorfindel's hip to steady himself, and reached out to stroke the hard shaft with his other. "I'm not doing anything I don't want to," assured Erestor before moistening his lips. He'd not truly looked at Glorfindel's erect member this well or this close before, and though the prospect of having it in his mouth was on one had completely unappealing to him, there was another part, the part that was controlling the throb to his own erection, that bore greedily down upon his lover.

For the first few minutes, Glorfindel still felt it his duty to give instruction, whispering directions softly if something was not working well, or stroking Erestor's ears in encouragement. For a little while, he was able to simply enjoy what was happening. Erestor became bolder, changing rhythms, directions, licking and sucking and touching, and Glorfindel jerked away as his knees threatened to give out. He stumbled backwards, out of Erestor's mouth, and gripped the writing table when he came to it. He was panting hard and needed the support of something solid.

"You didn't like it," stated Erestor sadly, rubbing his sore jaw.

"Quite… quite the opposite…" he said, drawing ragged breaths. "You're… quite a fast learner," he continued as Erestor approached somewhat shyly. "Sure you've… not done this before?"

"I learned from the best," answered Erestor, kneeling once more as Glorfindel sat up on the edge of the table. He wasted no time in reclaiming Glorfindel, now with his stamina renewed by the praise he had been given. Leaning back, the blonde braced one hand against the top of the desk while the other soon found its way to Erestor's head, coaxing him this way and that and sometimes stroking his neck beneath all that wonderful dark, silky hair that brushed now against Glorfindel's legs and feet in a most sensuous manner in time to the rhythm Erestor had set. Glorfindel set his legs over Erestor's shoulders, hoping to draw him closer. The intimacy of the entire situation finally came upon the younger elf, and he cried out as Erestor drew him deep within his mouth.

Image copyright Mei.  It's hers, not yers, no swipin' or we swat ya.With one swift thrust, from which Glorfindel pulled back as he realized what he was doing, a sudden warmth flooded Erestor's mouth and his eyes were open in a flash. He coughed a little as he felt the liquid run to the back of his throat and stumbled backward as Glorifindel's erection slid limply from his lips and a stream of whitish liquid followed. Erestor bowed his head to the floor and opened his mouth, but he could not be rid of it quick enough and spat before wiping the back of his hand across his chin and mouth. He didn't want to swallow but the reflexive action made him gag again. Glorfindel was already stooped on the floor in front of him, paying little attention to the mess his feet were in.

"Erestor, I'm sorry, I had meant to stop, truly," cooed Glorfindel, wrapping his arms around the sputtering elf.

Casting his eyes down, Erestor said softly, "No, I'm sorry. That was rude of me."

"Darling Erestor, as always, you are too harsh on yourself," smiled Glorfindel as he caressed his lover's face. "That first night we were together, when I did this for you and told you that was the extent of anything I had ever done with anyone before, do you remember that?"

"It isn't the sort of thing one forgets, Fin," said Erestor.

Smirking a little, Glorfindel said, "I wasn't entirely honest about that. The fact is I've never been able to stomach it before. I could get as far as you did, but then I'd make a mess - far worse than you, believe me. But that night… I honestly don't know what came over me, except that, well… I just, I love you so much, Ress. That doesn't mean I expect, that I would want you to do the same, in fact, it's just, it's because I love you that much not to expect it, I just…" It happened on rare occasions, but Glorfindel blushed, and the rosy color traveled across his cheeks and down his neck and in spite of it all, Erestor smiled and leaned forward to kiss his lover's nose lest he begin to stutter through his words. He was not allowed to get away so easily, though, and was drawn into a deeper kiss with Glorfindel. "Hmm… I do taste a little like honey," he said cheekily as they parted. "Now," he said in a low and seductive voice, "I want you to finish what you started."

"But I-- " began Erestor, but his protest died on his lips as Glorfindel sealed his over them. Glorfindel continued to keep Erestor silent with his kisses as he walked them back to the desk.

"I'll even make it easy for you," offered the blonde. Facing the desk, he gripped the corners of the sides and arched his back slightly so that with his legs spread he presented a magnificent view to Erestor. Lovely as the image presented was, Erestor chuckled as he ran a hand down Glorfindel's back and massaged his posterior.

"How is this going to make things easier?" questions Erestor. "I'm nearly a half foot taller than you are," he said, and reminded him of this fact by rubbing his arousal against Glorfindel's lower back. "Perhaps if you were on all fours atop the desk…" Glorfindel made to scramble onto the piece of furniture, but Erestor stopped him. "We need something a little more basic," he said, looking around.

Glorfindel shoved the desk forward, knocking the poor thing to the ground with a crash and what unfortunately sounded like the splintering of wood before pulling Erestor to the ground with him in the space the desk had formerly occupied. "Is this basic enough for you?" he asked, repositioning himself upon his hands and knees. He glanced over his shoulder for Erestor's response.

Erestor hungrily drank in the pleasurable picture he was presented with. Miraculously, the jar had not shattered in all the commotion, and he grabbed for it now and smeared a generous amount on his fingers. "You are delicious."

"Some say I taste like honey," he winked. A long drawn-out groan followed and he pushed back against Erestor's invasion. "Oh, don't waste your time with that, Erestor. I need you now," begged Glorfindel, his eyes closing and his head drooping down to the ground. Erestor readily complied moments later and used his free hands to roam further up Glorfindel's body.

He soon needed to steady himself with one on his lover's back, but the other explored much of the rest of the skin that was bared to him. Circling around to Glorfindel's chest with teasing movements, Erestor prolonged each grunt and groan with small cries as he ran his fingertips over the hardened nubs on Glorfindel's chest. It was one thing Glorfindel truly disliked having done, for it caused him to writhe and lose control, which was exactly what he did.

"You are wicked, my love," he panted as sweat dripped from his brow and he bent his head to see the creamy puddle on the floor. "Very, very, delightfully wicked."

"As I said," managed Erestor, increasing his pace, "I learned from the best."

Catching his breath, Glorfindel shifted his weight off of one hand, which moved slowly between his legs and past them, brushing against the twin sacks that hung down from Erestor's body. "That you did," he agreed as he took hold of his find and fondled them. Although this caused Erestor's fingers to dig into the skin of Glorfindel's hip and shoulder, it also led him to become nearly perfectly still as he moved only as was absolutely necessary before gasping sharply. Lingering as long as he could deep within Glorfindel, Erestor finally slid out and then sat back on his knees breathing heavily.

It was Glorfindel who moved to a more comfortable position first. He stood, with only minor difficulty, and took the pair of throws that were sitting stacked in the corner to the overturned desk. Tossing one of them over the top, he sat down and leaned against it before beckoning Erestor to join him. Nodding, Erestor respectfully crawled to the nearby destination and sank down against Glorfindel as the other blanket was thrown over him.

Image copyright Me.  It's mine.  Mine, mine, mine!  Steal it, and, well, that's just sad 'cause it's not that good anyway."I love you, Fin. For ever and ever, and then some," added the tired elf who had his head cuddled against Glorfindel's chest and everything else in some similar position.

"I love you always, Ress," Glorfindel said as his eyelids began to droop. "Always have, always will... and then some," he said as he smoothed back Erestor's hair to kiss his head. Glorfindel took a moment to really look around the room. "Elrond would have a fit if he saw this," he commented.

"I don't think there's much of a chance of that," Erestor said sleepily. "I doubt he's planning to drop by for a visit any time soon. Besides, we've done worse elsewhere."

Nodding, Glorfindel leaned back against the desk. "If he does ever decide to come back, we'll just have to keep him out of Imladris and say the house burned down."



"Fin?"

"Yes, love?" Glorfindel loosened his hold on Erestor so that his mate could roll over to face him. He was quite happy to take rest in their bed now as Erestor had suggested, though he knew eventually they would need to tend to things around the house. It was apparent as he began to sit up that Glorfindel thought this the case, but a hand on his chest gently pushed him back into the fluffy pillows.

"You know I will never laugh at anything you say, unless you mean for me to laugh at it," Erestor added. Glorfindel offered a fleeting smile. "I cherish all of the words you say to me, from your stuttered starry-eyed requests for me to join you on the balcony or beneath the waterfall to your evening calls for me to put down my work and come to dinner on time."

"They are bellows, not calls, my love," corrected Glorfindel as he lifted Erestor's hand to kiss it.

"Keep nothing from me, Fin," begged Erestor. "I long to hear the words you long to speak."

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Glorfindel smiled at the smell of their combined scents, strong and intoxicating. Letting out a relaxed sigh, he opened his eyes and looked into wide chocolate-brown pools. So calm and inviting, so tender and loving. Reaching with one hand to wipe away the perspiration from his beloved's brow, he slowly said, "I sleep in shadow, wrapped in darkness, comforted by the night that surrounds me. Silken cords, black like the curtain of the evening sky, twine around us, keeping me bound to you, and I smile to know I am not alone." Glorfindel shook his head. "No, that won't do, it doesn't even rhyme."

"Ah, but it does not need to," Erestor assured him. "It is from your heart, and that is truly what matters. What other words have you kept from me, thinking I would laugh at something so beautiful?"

"You liked that?" asked Glorfindel, truly surprised.

"Very much," said Erestor. "Do you have another?"

"I have many," admitted Glorfindel as Erestor curled up against him. One arm he wrapped around Erestor's waist, and the other he used to stroke the long dark hair. "Would you like to hear more of them?"

"I want to hear them all," Erestor told him, and as an afterthought, he took hold of a length of his hair and draped it over Glorfindel's shoulder to cascade down his back. Ebony and gold shifted together, shining in the midday sun like some rare and hidden treasure too beautiful for words as words long hidden in his heart spilled forth from Glorfindel's mouth to Erestor's ears to be lovingly kept to comfort his soul until the end of all time.

~Fin~
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=221