Cupid, Draw Back Your Bow by Zhie
Summary: A love festival in Lothlorien, a secret admirer or two, thornless roses (and roseless thorns), and most important of all, a night of love for two of the three- wait, no, four!- Lorien brothers.
Categories: Stories of Arda > Extras Characters: Erestor, Galion, Glorfindel, Haldir, Legolas, Orophin, Rumil
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Comedic, Dramatic, Romantic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 12126 Read: 47397 Published: February 12 2008 Updated: February 15 2008
Story Notes:
Written for the St. Valentine's Day Challenge issued by Athos at the LothlorienLoversGroup TWO years ago. And I’m finally finishing it now...

1. Part 1 by Zhie

2. Part 1.5 by Zhie

3. Chapter 1 3/4 by Zhie

4. Chapter 1 7/8 by Zhie

5. Chapter 2 by Zhie

Part 1 by Zhie
"It is so wonderful to see you again, brother," greeted Rumil, giving his younger brother a warm hug. Haldir was less familiar with his greeting, but he meant it with the same sincerity as Rumil as he placed his hand upon the youngest brother's shoulder and gave it a friendly squeeze.

With a silly grin, Orophin, the last of the three eldest Lorien brothers to give his salutations to the baby of the family, gave Erestor a mischievous look. Before Erestor could step out of the way, Orophin had shouted, "Elf-pile!!!" and managed to pounce Erestor onto the ground. With a snicker, Rumil dropped down onto his knees and pushed Orophin over lest he smother their youngest brother. Haldir, proper as always, cleared his throat and gave passersby a look that read `I'm not with these three'.

"We were hoping you would come along with the party from Rivendell, but we were not sure," said Rumil to Erestor. "With how much work His Grumpiness has you doing, we assumed you would be stuck at home. How is Imladris? Do you think you will stay there when your internship expires?"

Erestor had only been in the valley realm for a few years of his twelve year assignment there as an apprentice to one of the counselors. Not one for the harsh border guarding his brothers preferred, the opportunity to work in Rivendell had seemed one worth his time. The smile he gave to his brothers showed that his guess had been correct. "I love it there. I do miss Lothlorien, and the three of you, and Nana and Adar of course, but you should see Imladris! The library, the museum – oh! The Hall of Fire! It is extraordinary – storytelling and singing on days of celebration, and in the evenings most every other night, small groups of scholars
meet there to discuss such interesting things. Except to come here to visit all of you, I think I shall never leave Rivendell until the sea calls unto me," admitted the scribe.

"Really? Hmm. The hall does sound interesting," remarked Haldir, offering his hand to help Erestor up from the ground.

Once on his feet again, Erestor said, "Oh, it is! I have been told on more than one occasion that once in a great while the master minstrel, Lindir, throws a rather debaucherous ball of sorts, for couples and lovers only." Immediately, Erestor blushed. "Rather like the festival here, but... even more wicked."

Haldir's brows rose up at this. "Even more wicked? How very, very interesting."

"I doubt that," spoke Orophin as he continued to sit in the snow on the ground even after Rumil had stood up. "Even if it is, the committee came up with something to make it an even more interesting affair this year than in previous years."

"Honestly?" Erestor wrung his hands nervously, having never actually attended one of the infamous Lothlorien Love Fests previously. His excuse to Lord Elrond for coming back to Lothlorien was to attend this year's festival, and he had yet to tell his brothers his plans.

"Come along – we can go to Orophin's flet, no one will disturb us there," decided Rumil.

"If we're going to Orophin's flet, then Orophin needs help getting up," remarked the ellon on the ground, raising both arms up and wiggling his hands about.

Rumil rolled his eyes before reaching down to take hold of Orophin's hands and pull him up. As soon as he was standing, Orophin let loose a belch right into Rumil's face. "Gah, you orc! I swear, you must be adopted. Haldir, tell me, please, that he is adopted," begged Rumil as he pushed Orophin away and fell into step with his other two brothers.

"I think Nana and Adar said something about finding him floating in the river one day while fishing and they didn't have the heart to throw him back," answered Haldir.

Erestor snorted as Orophin blew raspberries at them from a few feet away. As much as he loved Imladris, he missed this, surprisingly enough.

- - -

"Besides having everyone in the clearing, which is secluded and fenced off as well as guarded so that there is no fear of attack of any sort," explained Rumil, "this year, everyone is going to be blindfolded."

"Oh, dear. Wouldn't that perhaps cause problems if siblings were to happen upon one another? Or parents and their children?" questioned Erestor as he blew over the top of his teacup to cool the liquid it held.

Rumil shook his head. "Every house is given a different password that needs to be spoken when any two elves happen upon each other. If the passwords match, then you move on, obviously."

"Unless your name is `Elladan' or `Elrohir'," said Orophin quietly to himself.

"Hush," scolded Haldir.

"Is that why this rule was invoked?" asked Erestor, fairly happy about it, as it meant not having to tell his brothers his intentions. In fact, it would save him completely – no one would ever know whether or not he had attended.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Rumil said, "One can only assume that the Lord and Lady would rather no one see what everyone knows. Their grandsons made it quite clear that they would be attending, and what they would be doing." Rumil was always privy to the best gossip, as he was employed often as one of the royal guards in the Great Mallorn for the fact he could keep secrets from everyone, save his brothers, who really had no one else to pass the secrets on to.

"Which is going to make things even more difficult for Haldir," spoke Orophin. He was promptly jabbed in the ribs by the eldest.

"What's that?" Erestor looked across the table to Haldir with curiosity. "Were you going to, erm, try for someone in particular this year?"

Haldir sighed, glared at Orophin, and then sighed again. "Just a few days before you arrived, after we escorted the party from Mirkwood into the city, I went back to the borders in order to greet the group from Mithlond. When I arrived at my post, one of the other guards handed me a note that was given to him by someone from Mirkwood. It was very brief, just a note saying that he had remembered me from the last time he was in Lothlorien and wanted to-"

"He?" piped up Erestor suddenly before biting his lip.

"Yes." Haldir straightened up a little. "Problem with that, brother?" he asked defensively.

"Oh! No, no, not at all," Erestor said in a rush before gulping his tea to keep himself silent.

There was a pause before Haldir continued. "He wrote that he wanted to get to know me better – much better."

"How much better?" Erestor couldn't help to ask.

"MUCH better," interrupted Orophin. "I saw the note accidentally," he said in answer to Erestor's mouth opening. Erestor pursed his lips. "He hid it, and, honestly, it's his right to. But," he added, "I do hope he finds whoever wrote that note – would be a shame if he doesn't."

"There was no name?" asked Erestor.

"No, there was no name." Haldir scratched his cheek and yawned. "Which makes me wonder if it is just a joke."

"I know you really do not want anyone to see it," said Erestor, "but I have seen a lot of official documents, many from Mirkwood. Most of the party from Mirkwood was made up of royalty and advisors. Perhaps, I might know who wrote it."

Haldir contemplated this. "Stay here. I will be right back," he said, and he went to the center of the room, climbing down to the flet below where he lived.

"So, I assume the two of you will be attending the festival?" Erestor asked as they waited for Haldir to return.

Nodding lazily, Orophin replied, "Last year, Haldir and I were on guard duty, so only Rumil got to go. That means I've been horny twice as long as him."

Rumil snorted at this. "Right. Next you'll tell me things were noisy here two weeks ago because you were just holding a very exciting game of cards."

"Mmmhmm," nodded Orophin with a smirk. "Actually, this year, I'm hoping to be chosen as one of the cupids."

"The cupids?" questioned Erestor.

"The serving staff," explained Rumil. "Lord Celeborn chooses someone to be a cupid, usually one of his house staff who has done a particularly good job during the year. Then they choose another, then that one chooses another, and so on, until there are twelve. They get to act rather silly as they wait on those who retire to the Great Mallorn for refreshments after the main event."

"It's quite a lot of fun," interrupted Orophin. "They get to wear wings and shoot arrows with no points at couples. They are constantly fondled and are clothed in nothing but a loincloth and a smile. They usually try for very young elves, but I think I still have a few years of youth in me. Actually, Erestor- you'd be perfect."

Erestor blushed. "Errr..."

"Back!" Haldir leaped onto the flet from the hole in the ground, clutching the note in his hand. "Here it is." Handing the note to Erestor, he hovered over his youngest brother. "So? Who is it?"

Pondering over the sheet and concentrating on the scrawl of the words and not the words themselves, Erestor finally let out a sigh. "I don't know. It's very poorly written." He began to skim the note and frowned. "Lots of spelling mistakes, and bad grammar. It wasn't written by any royal I am familiar with."

Orophin snickered. "Probably written by some young chamberboy or stablehand, smitten with our dear old brother."

"At least someone other than my horse wants to kiss me," retorted Haldir, snatching the note back and giving Orophin a glare. "Thanks anyhow, Erestor."

"So, Erestor, what do you plan to do during the festivities?" asked Rumil. Although the main event was a half-drunken gathering in the glade, there were other activities that some pursued. Those who preferred something quieter simply sought out another like soul and wandered themselves to a place of seclusion for the evening. Apparently, Erestor's brothers took him for one of the latter.

"I, uhm, well, I..." Erestor's face flushed again. "I never thought it could happen, but... I think... well, that is, there is someone I find myself interested in."

"Someone more interesting than a scroll or a book?" teased Rumil, nudging his baby brother's arm with his elbow.

"Well, there is this one in particular, that I, uhm, erm..."

Orophin grinned. "What do you mean, there's only one?" he asked with a wink. "So, what are you going to do for her?"

"Uh..." Erestor's blush deepened as Orophin and Rumil began to devise courses of action.

"You know what Rumil did once?" The two middle brothers were soon thick in their discussion of ways to aide their youngest brother. "He had a truth or dare game going. Of course, that was with three very adventurous ellyth, but, night of the festivities, you get the right one in the right mood-"

Rumil snorted. "The kind of girls he's interested in? Please. They'll break his nose. Now, Erestor, listen to me," advised Rumil. "There is nothing more romantic than a thornless rose. Well, perhaps an entire bunch of them."

"A whole bush!" piped up Orophin. "An entire thornless rose bush!"

"Hush, Orophin," scolded Rumil. "Listen, Erestor. What you need to do is-"

"What he needs to do is get away from the two of you!" laughed Haldir, shaking his head. "He has only just arrived, and you're about to wear him out!"

Both Rumil and Orophin backed off, leaving Erestor to smile a little uneasily in thanks to Haldir.

"Besides, he's probably tired from the long trip from Imladris. I suggest that we all get a good night's rest, and in the morning, the two of you can continue offering your insight to him." Haldir's suggestion was heeded, and after everyone said their goodnights, Rumil headed to the next higher flet that he lived on, while Haldir and Erestor took the rope down to the bottom flet. Haldir's was the largest flet on the tree, and it made sense for Erestor to stay here for the duration of the festival. It was that, or be a guest at his parents' home. Obviously, Erestor planned to stay here.

As he was settling in for the night, Erestor realized he was being stared at. Turning around and meeting Haldir's inquisitive gaze, he raised his brow in askance. "You might be able to deceive Orophin and Rumil, but it is obvious to me that you are not in love with some maiden. You need not tell me, but I am wondering who he is."

Erestor sucked in a deep breath and let it out quickly. How it was that Haldir always knew, even when Orophin and Rumil did not, Erestor would never know. Nervously he crawled into the makeshift bed on the couch, positioned so that his back would be to his brother. After the light from the candles went out, Erestor waited a few minutes, then softly called out, "Haldir?"

For a moment, he thought perhaps his eldest brother was asleep. A muffled sound followed by, "Yes, Erestor?" alerted him that this was not the case.

There was another long pause, and finally Erestor said, in an even quieter voice, "His name is-"
Part 1.5 by Zhie
Glorfindel sneezed. Again. And again. He had woken up to a bloody horrible nightmare.

Someone had invaded his guest chambers. Indeed, not only had they done such a horrible, insensitive thing, but they had also strewn the one thing he was allergic to all over the room.

There were roses at the foot of his bed, each of them thornless, like the single golden-yellow rose someone had managed to place beside his head on his pillow. Rose petals of red and pink were scattered across the floor, in a path leading to the small washroom where a basket of perfect, snow-white petals had been left. There were roses on the table, in vases, and on any other flat, available surface in the talan. Every time he turned around, Glorfindel found another rose and another twitch in his nose.

Meanwhile, down below and very near to the trunk of Glorfindel's tree, Erestor was nervously walking back down the path. He had hoped that his stealth was enough to evade the golden warrior – being one of the famed `Lorien Brothers' meant Erestor could sneak with the best of them, even if he was a scribe and not a soldier. He was so wrapped up in thoughts about his surprise for his secret crush that he did not see one of his brothers in his path, and stumbled into him.

"Orophin! G-gah-ah-Good morning," stuttered Erestor.

"And what a good morning it is!" Orophin proudly held out a small bow that was painted red and not of much use for anything but a child's toy. "Know what this is? Do ya? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

"I, ah, I-"

"It's my cupid bow! And look! Tiny arrows!" Orophin was practically squealing like a maiden, and excitedly showed Erestor the small quiver that was decorated with tiny red hearts and swirling pink designs. "I was chosen first! First! Do you believe it!"

Erestor smiled, happy for his brother's odd joy. "Well, it seems you were likely talking to everyone about it. Someone must have eventually told Lord Celeborn."

"Ah, no. I've not told very many- but, yes, you are correct. Someone did tell Lord Celeborn. Lady Galadriel, to be exact, but it was dear Rumil whom I must thank, for he was the one to tell her." Orophin had loaded one of the little arrows into the bow and was haphazardly pointing it at things. "I get to choose who is next." He grinned, aiming the arrow at Erestor's heart.

"Me?" The question came out as a squeak, and he rapidly shook his head. "Oh, no, no, no, Orophin, no, I cannot."

"Oh, yes, yes, yes, you can- like I said last night, you are PERFECT. You would be absolutely stunning with wings, practically naked, with that dark hair of yours all curled up like you used to do back when we would play talan we would force you to play the nana because you were the littlest and otherwise we'd sit on you."

Erestor was blushing redder than the bow in Orophin's hands. "Please, Orophin, do not make me!"

"You do not have a choice if I insist," Orophin warned, but his expression told Erestor he was only teasing.

"Whad do'n dou wadda do?" Lord Glorfindel discretely sneezed and blew his nose as he approached. "Are dou dretenning by assistdent?"

"Good day to you, m'lord," greeted Orophin, bowing along with his brother. "Your assistant? Good heavens, no, I was not threatening him, merely jesting with him. He is my brother, you see."

Rubbing his nose and clearing his sinuses as he came to pause before them, Glorfindel nodded his head. "Id's nice to meed you," he said. "So dis is your brodder?"

"One of them, m'lord," answered Erestor. "I have two other brothers, but this is Orophin. Orophin, this is Lord Glorfindel, military counselor and master tactician to Lord Elrond."

"A pleasure to meet your, m'lord," Orophin said, bowing once again. "I was aware that my brother was assisting someone of high regard, but I had no idea it was one of such prestige."

Glorfindel simply smiled, and then took note of the items Orophin was holding. He sniffled one final time into his handkerchief and breathed in deeply in relief. "Ah, the choosing of the cupids must be upon us."

"Yes, `twas what was making my brother so anxious," remarked Orophin.

Glorfindel's brow rose slightly as a blush crept up Erestor's neck. "Really?"

Orophin smirked. "Do not worry yourself, Erestor. I will not force you to, but still I think you would make an excellent cupid."

"Indeed, your brother is right." Glorfindel continued despite Erestor's mouth being agape. "'Tis a true shame you have decided against your brother's suggestion. Inexperienced cupids are always a delight."

As the warmth traveled up into Erestor's face, turning him bright red, he responded by looking down to the ground. Orophin suppressed a snicker, unable to cover it, but gave Erestor a pat on the shoulder. "Next year, perhaps, brother. I must excuse myself," he apologized. "There is the next cupid to find, and then I shall have to loosen up a bit for the festivities."

"By all means," said Glorfindel, which was followed soon after by, "May I... assist you in that?"

Cheekily, Orophin cocked his head to the side. "Depends on what is on your mind, m'lord."

"Only this." Glorfindel stepped nearer to Orophin, threading one hand into the other's hair. Their groping was mutual, hands grasping in all the best and most pleasurable spots. Erestor's curiosity could not be helped, and up he looked, sucking in his breath as he saw that, instead of Orophin, Glorfindel was leering at him all the while as he kissed and fondled his brother. "And now," he said as they parted, "I must bid both of you good day." Glorfindel gave them another nod, and left in his wake two flushed Lorien brothers.

When Orophin finally caught his breath, he turned to Erestor and said, "The she from last night, she's not a she, is she?"

- - -

The rest of Erestor's morning had been spent attempting to stay away from both his brother Orophin, and also Lord Glorfindel, to whom he was assigned for the duration of his internship in Imladris. At least he would be leaving Lothlorien in a few weeks, and would be rid of Orophin's grins and snickers. Glorfindel... well, he did not want to be rid of Glorfindel, but neither did he want to be in his presence at the moment.

What he really wanted was to talk to Haldir, but that was impossible. His eldest brother was currently mingling with the elves from Mirkwood, hoping to discover who his secret lover was. Erestor sighed, secretly wishing for the cool confidence that his elder brothers possessed.

"Good afternoon."

The greeting startled Erestor into backing into a tree. Rumil flashed him a smile that said `I am sorry, and promise not to laugh though you look ridiculous'. "Good afternoon, Rumil." Erestor straightened out the robes he had changed into after the event of the early morning. He was now wearing long black robes that swept the ground with a high collar that covered his neck up to his chin. He wanted no one to get any idea in their head that he was any candidate at all for being one of the cupids.

"I heard that you have a crush on a certain elf-lord."

A sparkle twinkled in Rumil's eyes, and Erestor returned the look with one of his own. It was full of hurt and betrayal. "Who told you? Was it Orophin? Or was it Haldir?" Erestor looked nearly ready to either cry or hit Rumil or both, for tears were welled in his eyes and his fists were balled at either side.

Placing his hands on his younger brother's shoulders in an apologetic manner, Rumil shook his head. "Erestor, no. `Twas not either of them."

"Then, who?" asked Erestor in desperation.

"I was on guard duty this morning in the Great Mallorn, where Lord Celeborn held counsel with a number of other dignitaries. When everyone disbanded, he stayed behind to speak to Lord Celeborn, and-"

"Who? Who stayed behind?" demanded Erestor, his own hands gripping Rumil's elbows.

Rumil shook his head. "Sorry, Erestor, you have me at a disadvantage and I cannot clearly think. It was Lord Glorfindel who stayed; it was he who mentioned it to Lord Celeborn. He remarked that you seemed quite fond of him and he was asking what Lord Celeborn knew of you."

"Oh, no!" Erestor's hands rose up and he buried his face in them. "What am I to do?"

"I am sorry," Rumil said finally, not knowing what else to say. "Oh! Well, I know this is of little consequence considering your problems, but I discovered who wrote that note to Haldir!"

Erestor sighed. At least that was some good news. "Who is it, then?"

Rumil grinned. "It's..."
Chapter 1 3/4 by Zhie
Legolas carefully took in the sight of the masked elves who were filling the designated area. It was decided by the Lothlorien Love Fest Safety Committee, which basically consisted of Celeborn and Galadriel, that blindfolds in an area with bonfires was too risky even for elf-kind. Consequently, everyone was masked instead of being blindfolded. Although it perhaps gave everyone the allusion of being unseen and unknown, Legolas would have been able to know in the dark who was who.

Beside a tree, a lone ellon was leaning against the trunk. With a feral grin, Legolas knew who it was and why he was here. Though Haldir had never before been present at such events, this time, there was a mystery. And a mystery seemed something that the young warden was simply too curious about.

- - -

Somehow, Erestor had managed to make it through the last few days without running into Lord Glorfindel. On occasion, they had nearly crossed paths, but the former Lorien elf knew the woods too well to be stumbled upon. He had made his decision – as much as he wished to go, he would stay hidden away during the festivities. Earlier in the day he had raided the royal library for a number of volumes he had never finished during his time living in Lothlorien, and planned to make use of the days he would have now.

His mind was so focused upon his evening reading, that for once since he had been managing to stay clear, he did not escape Lord Glorfindel. "So, there you are!" came the familiar voice from council meetings and late nights spent working by candlelight on things of importance that could not wait until morning. "They have been looking for you."

"G- uh- g-good evening, Lord Glorfindel, I, uh... they?" Erestor gasped as he looked to what Glorfindel was holding. "M'lord, have you been honored to be, uh, chosen, as-"

Erestor was cut off by a boisterous chuckle. "Me? Surely not, I am far too old for the role. That is who have been trying to find you, Erestor. The other eleven; you are late." Glorfindel held out the feathered wings, and Erestor stumbled backwards. "Something the matter?"

"Orophin promised me..." Erestor shook his head. "There must be a mistake. They must have meant another elf?"

"Another elf?" questioned Glorfindel, not seeming at all convinced.

"Yes, another elf-"

"Erestor, I was told your name, and it was I who was sought out to bring these to you, for it was assumed that I would know where you were," explained Glorfindel, absently fluffing the feathers on the faux wings.

Wringing his hands, and thinking to the description that Orophin had told him, Erestor shook his head. "Please, m'lord, I am sure many would think this an honor, but I am terribly afraid that I just will not do in the role."

Glorfindel looked over the young scribe curiously. "Why not?"

- - -

Legolas's path carried him around others who were already beginning to greet one another in a more than friendly manner. Twice, he was nearly stalled on his way to his destination, but both times, the prince managed to avoid those who would otherwise have had him.

He did not approach Haldir directly; instead, Legolas walked around the tree, then leaned over the warden's shoulder. "Dilly-dilly," he said in the most regal way possible, then snickered in spite of himself.

"What the fuck was that?" Haldir turned slowly to regard the ellon next to him. From the costume and stance, it was obvious he was one of Thranduil's sons, but to Haldir, they were all alike.

"That was my password, not a very good one, but when you're the youngest of twelve brothers, you tend not to get a say in such things." Legolas brushed an imaginary speck of dust from his sleeve.

"Ah." Knowing now who was behind the mask, Haldir rested against the tree again.

"Bored already?" teased Legolas. Haldir shrugged. "Or have you sampled all you wish tonight?" Haldir blushed slightly, and Legolas chuckled. "There's always room for one more," he teased, his hand creeping over to rest on Haldir's thigh.

The warden practically jumped out of his skin, skidding away from where Legolas stood, puzzled. "Thank you, I, uh, I... I'm done," muttered Haldir, hurrying to leave.

Legolas caught up with him some ways away. "So soon? It's hardly begun. My apologies; I did not mean to disconcert you."

"No, no, I... good night," Haldir said quickly, trying to lose the ellon following him. Unluckily for Haldir, Legolas had spent quite a few nights in dark forests with rangers, uhm, tracking... things...

- - -

"Well, I..." Erestor's mouth gaped open as he floundered for words. "Uhm, I, ah..."

"You are young, you are, dare I say beautiful, and you are quite innocent looking. `Tis all the qualifications that are necessary."

"With all due respect, m'lord..." Erestor let out a sigh and said in a low voice, "Please, allow me to take my leave and simply tell them you could not find me. I would prefer not to be seen as some sort of whorish slut-"

"What?" The tone in Glorfindel's voice changed drastically. "You think you are being asked because they wish to make a mockery of you?"

Erestor meekly bowed his head, swallowing hard. "N-no, sir."

"You think that this honor is some sort of joke?"

Shaking his head rapidly, the scribe declined to answer.

"Do you have no pride in your homeland and your people?"

Tears were threatening now, and Erestor grabbed for the wings, nearly ripping them from Glorfindel's grasp. Stomping a few feet away, he stopped, sniffled, and looked miserably around.

"Now what is wrong with you?" sighed Glorfindel.

"I... I don't know where to go," he replied in a small voice.

Glorfindel closed his eyes, counted inwardly to ten, and approached his young apprentice. "Here, this way. The baths; that is where they are. I will take you there."

`Because you think I will run away otherwise,' thought Erestor, and he wished that he could.

- - -

It was at the river that Legolas caught up with Haldir. "If I didn't know better, I would think you had never been touched before, warden."

Halting in his tracks, Haldir looked over his shoulder, still masked. "What makes you say that?"

"You flinched at a love festival. A masked one, at that. Would you like to know what I think?" asked Legolas, stepping closer and closer.

Saying nothing, Haldir, waited until he and the prince were face to face, and finally asked, "What?"

"I think... that you think you cannot forget your station for a single day. I think that you, like so many of the other soldiers here, would benefit greatly by holding this sort of celebration more than once a year."

"Thank you for your comments; they shall be taken under consideration," noted Haldir.

A moment passed in silence before Legolas burst out laughing. "Do you know what I just realized?"

"What?" Haldir had now crossed his arms and looked quite unamused.

"I doubt you have ever been kissed before. Have you?" Legolas did not wait for an answer. Grabbing hold of the front of the Lorien elf's shirt, he yanked the warden forward into a hasty, and somewhat sloppy considering Haldir's surprise and inexperience, kiss. "Very nice. Work on that; I expect improvement for next year," said Legolas, before leaving Haldir to stand at the edge of the river, face flushed and mouth half open.

Legolas smiled to himself as he rejoined the festivities, soon being invited into a secluded glade by Rumil, three anonymous ladies, and a young border guard who was quiet, but was obviously going to be quite a lot of fun. Part of the prince wanted to go back to the river for a moment and tell Haldir who his secret admirer was, but the rest of him decided it was better for Haldir to find out on his own.

- - -

Once the pair had reached the hot springs, Erestor took one look around and panicked. "They're all gone! Oh, great, I'll be the laughingstock."

"Why do you say that?" asked Glorfindel, kicking aside a tunic. The area was littered with copious amounts of clothing that had been removed when the other cupids were getting ready, which was now just strewn about every which where.

"Because I have no idea what I am to do," admitted Erestor. "I have never been to one of these functions; I have no clue what they look like." Sitting down on the nearest bench, he tossed the wings beside him. "I will look even more foolish than I imagined."

"No, you won't. I can help you. Take off your clothes," instructed Glorfindel, walking about and gathering up various assorted items.

"What? Why?" Erestor defensively drew a hand up to the collar of his robe, pulling the folds together.

Glorfindel rolled his eyes. "I'll order you if I must- remove your clothing, and put this on," he said, flinging a white loincloth in Erestor's direction.

Catching the garment, Erestor crinkled his nose. "Is there no other? This is going to be... quite small and awfully tight," he said as he examined the white cloth.

"That," drawled Glorfindel with a leer as he joined Erestor on the bench, "is the point."

"Oh." Erestor set the loincloth atop the wings and carefully began to undress, folding each item of clothing neatly before proceeding to the next. When he was in nothing but his own undergarment, he gave Glorfindel a pleading look. "Can I not use this one? It is white."

The older elf could not help but smile. "Trust me, you would stand out, and it is better for it to be tight, than for it to be loose."

"Why is that?" asked Erestor as he untied his and let it fall to the ground.

"We don't have the time for me to explain all of the reasons," replied Glorfindel with even more of a smirk, and Erestor blushed and remained quiet as he tied the restricting garment. "Now, put on your wings, and then sit back down."

Erestor did as told, and perched himself on the edge of the bench seat. "Now what?"

"I wish we had time to properly curl your hair, but we do not." Glorfindel took hold of one of Erestor's braids and began to unravel it. "Help me with these, but don't pull on them. Perhaps we can make something of it."

The tight braids Erestor had woven into his hair after his washing that morning made his normally straight brown hair ripple over his shoulders and down his back. Glorfindel fluffed it up a bit before retrieving a small, low stool and dragging it over to the bench. "Try not to blink while I fix your eyes," he said, picking up a palette that contained thick paints of black, pink, white, and red.

"You certainly know a lot about this," commented Erestor after he had been beautified to the standards of a cupid, with his hair cascading down his back, rosy cheeks, and sinfully red lips. His darker than usual lashes fluttered as he looked over to Glorfindel while he cleaned off the brushes he had used. "Forgive my asking, but have you attended many of these celebrations?"

"There is no need to ask for pardon, and yes, I have, but never here. This is my first time in Lothlorien." Glorfindel set the brushes aside and looked around the area almost wistfully. "We had something like this, long ago, in Gondolin."

"How much is our festival like the one you knew?" questioned Erestor, shifting to adjust the tight cloth that covered him. "I suppose you had cupids there."

Ruefully, Glorfindel smiled. "Actually, we did. But not quite as you know them. Ours were... not as modest."

Erestor let out a loud laugh. "Not as modest? Please, do tell," he added, his current state giving him extra boldness as some form of defense.

"It would be more fun to show you." Glorfindel strolled around the area, between the pools of warm water. "I have a confession."

"Oh?" Erestor waited for Glorfindel to continue.
Chapter 1 7/8 by Zhie
Galion paced back and forth. Should he go, or was it a waste of his time? Damn him for writing the note – with his luck, it had not even been delivered. And if it had, it had probably been the highlight of the day, and laughed at that night. If he went, he would likely be ridiculed.

Fidgeting with the mask in his hands, Galion bit his lip and then tied it on over his face. Who would know, with everyone masked? He would go, and observe- there was no harm in that. And perhaps, if he was lucky, then Haldir would be there.

Haldir. Just the thought of the tall, lean warden caused Galion's pulse to race. Every time he accompanied his King or his King's sons to the Golden Woods, his one true joy was to get a glimpse of the proud, quiet guardian of the forest. There were some who said the reason the warrior was so silent was because he was unintelligent and knew not what else to say. Galion knew different from what few times he had conversed with the soldier. Haldir, like Galion, knew his duties, and accepted them wholeheartedly. Knowledge and wisdom do not come from speaking, but from listening.

"But when both of us are listening, and neither one is saying anything, it makes for a difficult courtship," mumbled Galion to himself wryly. Checking over his appearance one last time in the mirror, Galion left for the celebration.

- - -

With a sigh, Glorfindel said, "I lured you here under false pretenses. The twelve cupids were already chosen, and you were not among them. But your quarrel with your brother last week kept in my mind a rather interesting image that I could not seem to get exactly right. I thought, if I deceived you thusly, I might have a chance to see my vision in the flesh, as it were."

Erestor lounged on one of the benches, keeping a straight face so as not to smirk at the increasing amount of insecurity he could feel emanating from the Imladrin elf. "And, do you like what you see?" asked Erestor, idly preening the feathers of his wings.

"Aye, I will not deny that," answered Glorfindel, licking his lips.

Leaning further back, legs shifting slightly with wanton desire, Erestor cocked his head to the side. "Is it only the image which you wished for?"

Staring, mouth gone dry, Glorfindel shook his head and began to approach. Halfway to his destination, he paused. "You are past your majority, are you not?"

"By six years." Erestor sat forward, crossing his legs and placing his hands defensively on either side of him, palms upon the bench. "Why do you ask?" he questioned, eyes narrowed.

"A... terribly uncomfortable incident from some years past," admitted Glorfindel, a blush creeping up to color his cheeks. "I had an apprentice once who... was not as old as he led me to believe, and it all went rather badly."

"Oh?" Erestor studied his mentor with curiosity. "Do you make it a habit to seduce your interns?"

"No," snorted Glorfindel, rolling his eyes. "Normally, they attempt to seduce me, I ignore them, and they fail miserably in their venture. I have, in the past, made it a point not to be romantically involved with my apprentices."

Now, Erestor did smile. "What caused a change in your policy?"

"You're the... first one who didn't try," replied Glorfindel.

- - -

"Looking for someone?" questioned Legolas, who had long since wandered away from the party he had been part of, on account of the fact none of them could stop laughing after hearing his password. A moment later, he shook his head upon remembering protocol and said, "Dilly dilly."

Galion pursed his lips, having not needed the password to know who this was. All the same, he gave his reply. "Chocolate."

"Wait just a minute." Legolas tugged Galion's sleeve, pulling him aside, and then slipped his own mask from his eyes. "Alright, why do I have such a terrible password and you have such a... dare I say, normal one."

Although it was King Thranduil that Galion served directly, he knew never to question when asked a question, and as the King had not specifically forbade his telling the reason, Galion said, "Your father, long live the King, is hoping that you and your brothers will not frolic too muchly, and by giving you such an odd password, hopes that perhaps not as many illegitimate future heirs will be produced as last time."

"Well, it isn't my fault my brothers are so bloody virile – do you know how difficult it is to get laid when your first phrase to all prospective bed partners is `Dilly dilly'?" Legolas sighed. "And by the way, I'm not sleeping with you."

"Likewise," Galion said swiftly, taking a goodly step away from the young prince. "Why not visit with the cupids for a time?"

Taking a look around and finding that most of the couples and groups looked extremely engaged with one another, Legolas nodded. "Shall we walk there together?"

"I... ah, I had other plans..." began Galion, but Legolas frowned. "What?"

"He left. He went running off in the direction of the river; I've not seen him since." Neglecting to add that he had also kissed the warden, and teased him a bit, Legolas shrugged. The truth was, the prince was a little jealous of the fact that, despite all those who swooned in his presence, he had never been given so much as a second look from Haldir. "I suppose he is just not as brave as one might have thought."

Slumping his shoulders in defeat, and in self-loathing for having waited so long to join the festivities, Galion nodded in the direction of the Great Mallorn. He and Legolas set off for the tree.

- - -

"So I am a prize to be won?" Erestor's expression was cool and nonchalant, but within, he was shaking. Here was what he desired for so long, and yet, he hesitated – risked it, even. But he was prideful, and would not be content as a trophy for a spoiled elf lord.

"No, not at all." Glorfindel was looking a bit panicked now, especially as voices could be heard coming closer to them. "Erestor, I... truly, I desire you. I just... I did not wish for this to be simply a one night encounter, but I think I have gone about things rather badly tonight, and-" In a rush, Glorfindel grabbed a cloak and handed it to Erestor. "Put this on; someone approaches!"

Erestor stood up. "Are you ashamed they will see me like this? Embarrassed you will be caught with me?"

Adamantly, Glorfindel shook his head. "I- I am a greedy sort." Lowering his voice, he added, "I want no one else to see you like this, no one but me."

This made Erestor smirk in a victorious manner as he wrapped the cloak hastily around himself. The wings made it not quite close in the front, and as the volume of the voices increased, Glorfindel looked around desperately for a larger cloak.

Realizing the plan would not work, but not about to be seen in this manner by anyone else, Erestor dropped the cloak and tugged on Glorfindel's shirt. "Take this off," he hissed, trying to pull it over Glorfindel's head. Glorfindel did as instructed, then found himself dragged into one of the pools.

- - -

"I think we might have taken a wrong turn." Legolas looked at one tree, then another. "Why did they feel the need to plant all the same tree here? It would be easier to find the one we're looking for if they weren't ALL mellyrn!" Walking around a stone wall, he leaned against it, defeated. "Great. This is also, NOT the Great Mallorn. I think they moved it on us."

Galion looked about at the strewn clothing and general disarray of the area. Spying a couple in one of the bathing pools, locked in a passionate embrace, he cleared his throat and looked away the moment the pair disengaged and looked over to them. "We're looking for the Great Mallorn. Any idea where it has been moved to?"

Legolas snorted as one of the lovers answered, "Directly north. Look for the one with the empty barrels of ale at the base."

"Thank you kindly. Sorry to interrupt. Ahm, carry on," Galion added, pulling the curious Legolas away from watching. "Your highness, I must remind you, `tis improper to stare."

"'Tis improper to be fornicating in a public bath as well, but you did not hear me reprimand them," grinned the prince.

- - -

"Haldir! My lap is free! Come, sit upon it!"

"Nay, I shall not." The warrior filled his glass again, unable to count the number of times he had previously.

The wanton cupid sauntered over to the soldier, taking his drink from his hands and sipping from it. Batting his eyes prettily, he said, "Why is it you sit upon my lap any other night, but not tonight?"

"Because... well, just because, Orophin, do you really need another answer?" Haldir snatched his glass back and drank deeply. "Orophin, I think I heard the lord and lady call, perhaps they seek your entertainment."

"Nay, I was with them already this night." Orophin grinned cheekily. "Twice," he drawled.

"Nana and Ada will be ever so proud," muttered Haldir under his breath as the fabric curtain was pushed away at the entrance, and two more ellin entered. "There you are, newcomers to delight," said Haldir, motioning toward the doorway.

Orophin turned and narrowed his eyes, looking at the pair suggestively. "Are the two of you worn out already from your excursions, or might the three of us continue to get acquainted?" he asked coyly.

"What? Us? Uch, no!" Legolas placed as much distance between himself and Galion, who was working on removing his mask.

"Thank you, your highness, your sentiment is too kind, really," replied Galion rather dryly, tossing his mask aside. It was then that he noticed the fourth elf in the room.

- - -

"We can stop kissing now," panted Erestor as he and Glorfindel paused to breathe. Initially, the guise had been to deceive whoever had stumbled upon them, to make them leave quickly. It had worked, but after the lost pair had left, Glorfindel renewed their kissing, with Erestor trapped against the side of the pool.

Glorfindel pulled back slightly, but did not let go of his hold on Erestor. "Do you wish for me to stop?"

"Yes... well, no, but, not here." Erestor struggled out of the drenched wings as soon as Glorfindel let go of him. "I know where this will lead us, and I would hate for that memory to be... here." Erestor looked around, noticing for the first time that someone's socks had ended up in one of the trees.

"Good point." Glorfindel climbed out of the warm water, offering his hand to Erestor. After splashing his face to remove the smeared makeup, Erestor took the offered hand and was pulled out of the bath. "Now what?"

Erestor gathered his clothing and toweled off with one of the discarded cloaks. As he dressed, he thought on Glorfindel's question. "What about your guest rooms?"

"Wonderful idea." Glorfindel pulled his shirt back on, then led Erestor to their destination.

- - -

Noticing the look Galion gave Haldir, Orophin waved his hand in the direction of the Lorien elf. "Really, we are having a fabulous time here. Please ignore my brother; he is simply unable to let go of a fantasy of his."

"Orophin," Haldir said in warning, setting down his drink on the counter.

"You see, he was to meet someone today, someone who was a mystery, and it seems they did not show up. Personally, I think he just did not look hard enough," continued Orophin.

"Orophin, that is enough." Haldir stepped forward to silence his brother, but Orophin dodged out of the way.

Picking up the glass Haldir had discarded, Orophin added, "It seems his romantic side was really hoping that he might finally find someone. `Tis difficult for him, being so old and having never been with anyone intimately before, but he's a hard worker and very dedicated to his profession, so you can see why it is that- oh, Haldir, do not gawk like that, anyone who is anyone can tell you have never so much as been kissed before."

"Actually, he has been kissed before, but I am happy to know my other assumptions were correct." Legolas placed his hand on Galion's back and pushed the older elf forward. "He's the one. He wrote the note. Now, go find a room and do whatever it is that stoic old elves do with one another. Just... don't break a hip," he offered as advice to Galion before linking his arm through Orophin's and tugging the mischievous cupid into the nearest corner.
Chapter 2 by Zhie
“So, you wrote the note.”

Galion nodded.

Haldir breathed a sigh of relief. “Well, that eases my mind. All this time, I was worried about who might have done it.”

“I take it you approve, then?” Galion tried not to sound too hopeful.

Haldir tied his mask back on with a slight smile. “Ambiguous,” he said, and Galion chuckled. “I know, I know. My fault for letting Orophin choose the word this year.”

“Chocolate,” replied Galion as he replaced his own mask.

“I think we can find some of that,” promised Haldir as he linked his arm with Galion’s and led him away from the drunken orgy in the Great Mallorn.

---

Glorfindel set to lighting a few candles in the guest talan while Erestor stood idly near the ladder. His eyes fell upon a vase that held a single golden rose, the same one he had left on Glorfindel’s pillow a week earlier. It was beginning to wilt, but even stranger, it was under a larger glass vase that was overturned, creating a total enclosure.

“Please leave it under there,” said Glorfindel as Erestor touched the glass. Erestor withdrew his hand. “I appreciated the flowers, but, I have a terrible allergy to roses.”

“Oh. Sorry.” Erestor blinked. “Wait... how did you—“

“There were only two people who knew which talan I was assigned to that first night – you, and the liaison who showed me here. As welcoming as the liaison was, I highly doubted she was going to take the trouble to fill my room with rose petals as I slept.” Glorfindel approached the once again bashful apprentice. “Thank you. I know you went through a great deal of trouble to do it. Just... do me a favor and don’t do that again.”

“If I had known, I would have found something else. I just thought roses were the most romantic... do you know how hard it was to find roses in this weather?”

“I would take pity on your quest, except I know how resourceful you are. It probably took you five minutes more than if you would have used pinecones,” grinned Glorfindel.

Erestor frowned. “Pinecones would have taken longer. All we have here are mellyrn trees.”

Glorfindel rolled his eyes as he moved behind Erestor and placed his hands on the younger elf’s shoulders. “Are you always going to be this difficult?”

“That depends. If you need me to do something work related, you can rely on me to complete any task you request me to, accurately and on time. In the bedroom... probably,” admitted Erestor.

“Good.” Glorfindel lowered one arm in order to wrap it around Erestor’s chest so that he could pull him close against him. As he nuzzled the crook of Erestor’s neck, he said, “I much prefer a lover with a little fire in him.”

“I can probably muster up a spark or two,” mumbled Erestor as he leaned back. He let out a groan as Glorfindel’s fingers wandered over his bare flesh.

As he kissed his way up and down Erestor’s neck, Glorfindel moved them back toward the bed. “I regret we were unable to salvage your cupid-like appearance. It would have been a delight to relive those days of old that are yet vivid in my memory.”

“You said that the cupids of Gondolin were even more risqué than ours,” answered Erestor. Glorfindel nodded against Erestor’s cheek, his fingertips sliding slowly between the tight fabric and Erestor’s hips. “Well, you could... we would not have the wings, but...”

Glorfindel spun Erestor around, a look of delight on his face. “I was hoping you might say something like that.”

---

“So...

“So......” Haldir sighed. “So, this is my home.”

“Nice place. Very nice. Very... branchy. Shaded. Outdoorsy.” Galion cleared his throat. “Soo...”

“So... we should probably just get to it right off. I mean, that is why we are here, right?”

“Right. Exactly.” Galion wiped his sweaty palms against his tunic. “So...”

“Oh, for the love of Eru.” Haldir took hold of Galion’s arm and pulled him into his arms. “When I received that note, I was hoping it was you.” Actually, Haldir was just hoping it was NOT one of Thranduil’s sons, but saying that seemed a little inappropriate at the moment.

Galion smirked. “You were probably just relieved to find out it wasn’t Legolas.”

Bugger. Haldir scrambled to make the save. “Is there really anyone who would HOPE it was Legolas? Honestly?”

With a snort that turned to laughter, Galion shrugged. “Good point. Your brother didn’t seem to mind.”

“If Morgoth propositioned him, Orophin would probably bend over,” admitted Haldir. “We can discuss my brother’s polygamous nature later. Unless you consider that foreplay?”

“Not particularly... I do believe someone said something about chocolate.”

“That was you,” Haldir reminded Galion.

“And then you offered,” Galion countered.

Haldir sighed. “I guess I lied then; I doubt I have any chocolate up here.”

“Well, then, we had better get right to the sex.”

---

Erestor watched with interest as Glorfindel mixed different colored powders with water. He was using teacups to make the concoctions, stirring with a soft brush. “These are edible,” explained Glorfindel. “The red tastes like cherry and the pink is strawberry flavored. White is vanilla and black is chocolate. The cupids of my day wore wings, and nothing else.”

“Not even a loincloth?” asked Erestor, although he doubted it would have stayed on long even if he was allowed to keep it.

Glorfindel shook his head. “They were painted, each of them different. Some of them were adorned with beautiful designs, and others were more vibrant and silly.” He smiled at something privately remembered, and then shared the recollection with Erestor. “I was a cupid four different times in my youth. The second time, I had a target painted on my ass. You can just imagine how that night went.”

“I bet you never did that again,” said Erestor as he stepped out of his loincloth and tossed it aside.

“Actually, it became my calling card of sorts. If people wanted to find me, they just had to look for the bull’s-eye.” Glorfindel tested the consistency of the pastes he was making. He crooked his finger, and Erestor came to him. The first thing he did was braid Erestor’s hair and then pin it on top of his head. Once this was done, he picked up one of the teacups. “Try not to make any sudden moves.” He started with the red, painting the first heart over Erestor’s left nipple. The young ellon groaned. “Oh, this is going to be more fun than I thought,” decided Glorfindel as he continued to add cherry-flavored hearts across Erestor’s skin. The trail wrapped around Erestor’s back, around again to his stomach, and down around one leg. Pink hearts were added next, and then artistic designs in black and white chasing the hearts.

Glorfindel painted Erestor’s face to match the artwork on the rest of him, tinier hearts across his cheeks. “You look good enough to eat. Good enough to lick, at least,” said Glorfindel as he stood back to admire his work and let the edible paint dry.

Erestor could feel himself sweating slightly with anticipation, and hoped that the paint would not run and ruin the work that Glorfindel had done. On the other hand, it was likely that the paste was going to be removed soon anyhow, by Glorfindel himself. The thought of Glorfindel’s tongue covering every bit of his body made Erestor hard, and much as he wished he could hide it, there was no way to do so.

It was a welcomed reaction, however, and Glorfindel picked up the cup with the red paint. “Seems wrong to waste the opportunity,” he said as he knelt down in front of Erestor. He swirled the brush in the cup and withdrew it, only to hold it above Erestor’s erection until the paste began to drip. The cold against the heat of Erestor’s hard length made him groan and shudder. “Shh... hold on, honey, no coming just yet.” Glorfindel quickly coated Erestor’s erection, turning it bright red.

As Glorfindel set the red aside, he walked around behind Erestor with the remaining white paste. “I think it is safe to assume you have never had a lover before,” he said. Erestor did not answer verbally, but he did blush. Glorfindel painted something in Tengwar across Erestor’s back, and then retrieved the pink, painting what felt like an arrow pointing downward, and then a large heart that was split at the center where Erestor’s cleft was.

“What did you put back there?” questioned Erestor as he tried to twist to see what was written. Glorfindel pointed to a floor length mirror near the door of the washroom. Erestor turned around and looked over his shoulder, reading the word after translating the backward text. “Virgin.” He pouted. “That isn’t very nice.”

“Oh, yes, it is. At least, I think it is.” Glorfindel was stripping out of his own clothing, and Erestor turned back around to find Glorfindel naked, holding out one of the teacups to Erestor.

“Should I wash these out?” Erestor asked as he took the cup, assuming that, despite the intimate relationship they were beginning, he was still expected to perform his duties as apprentice.

Glorfindel laughed. “Well, if you want, but I was thinking...” He made a sweeping motion with his hand from head to foot. “Blank canvas, if you were at all inclined.”

Erestor stirred the glossy red mixture. “I get to do whatever I want?”

“Of course. It seems only fair,” replied Glorfindel, his flaccid member giving a twitch at the scrutiny he was under as Erestor eyed him up and down.

---

It did not take long for Galion and Haldir to end up undressed and on the bed. What was taking a while was deciding who was to be where.

Galion rolled on top of Haldir, regaining his initial position. He bowed his head and bit at Haldir’s shoulder, making the warden hiss and throw back his head, exposing his throat to a similar attack. “It makes more sense for me to take you,” said Galion as he reached down to push one of Haldir’s legs further aside. “I have more experience... I know just what to do to make you scream...” He punctuated this by nipping Haldir’s shoulder again, and was caught off guard and rolled onto his back.

“I have no doubt you are more experienced than I,” drawled Haldir as he rubbed his groin against Galion’s. “That is exactly why you should let me take you... instruct me... teach me what I should know...”

With a gentle shove, Galion moved Haldir off of him and sat up. “This is getting us nowhere,” he complained, looking at his own thick member and then to Haldir’s. “And I am too horny to argue about this.”

“So I get to be on top?” asked Haldir hopefully.

“Yes, but not the way you think.” Galion crawled toward the end of the mattress, and repositioned himself so that his head was now at the foot of the bed.

“What are you doing?” questioned Haldir, scratching his head.

“I think this is a good compromise for tonight. We can further debate the issue of who takes who tomorrow.”

Haldir continued to stare blankly.

Galion laughed. “You really are green. Just crawl on top of me. You lick my dick, I suck your cock, and we both have a good night’s sleep.”

“Well, that was hardly romantic,” grumbled Haldir, somewhat flustered, but eagerly taking his spot above Galion. “So, how should I...” Haldir’s question was interrupted by a long, low moan as Galion took the warden’s long length into his moist mouth.

Momentarily, Galion let Haldir’s erection slip out of his lips. “Just keep your mouth open, lower your head, and you’ll figure it out.” He took Haldir back into his mouth, swallowing to draw him in further.

It took Haldir a few moments for the initial shock to dull enough for him to do as Galion had instructed. Most of what he knew about intercourse he had learned from his younger brothers, and most of what they talked about was fast and raw. As he tentatively took the swollen head of Galion’s erection into his mouth and sucked upon it, a feeling of euphoria rushed through his body, pooling in his loins. Hungrily, Haldir took in more, relishing the musky taste and scent of his lover, noting that the faster his head bobbed up and down, the faster the favor was returned.

Galion waited until it seemed that Haldir had caught on to the idea, and then began to hum slightly in the back of his throat as he took Haldir in as deep as he could. He smiled when he felt Haldir tense and heard his muffled moans. Galion took hold of Haldir’s firm posterior with one hand and wrapped his other hand around the base of Haldir’s erection, and as he brought Haldir to climax, thrust his own hips gently in hopes to give Haldir the idea to speed things up a bit. His silent plea did not go unanswered, and soon the sated pair was situated in bed, quietly and sleepily renewing their argument over who was going to take who next time.

---

Erestor snickered and chuckled his way from letter to letter, trying to keep his hand still as he finished the last bit of body art on his boss-turned-lover.

With a good-natured laugh of his own, Glorfindel insisted to be told what was being painted on his back. “Oh, wait, the mirror,” he said as soon as Erestor announced he was finished, and he scrambled over with a grin. “Oh... is that what you think?”

“It certainly seems true,” managed Erestor as he sniffed at the bristles of the brush. It smelled chocolaty enough, but he wasn’t sure if it would taste that was or not. There was only one way to find out, and he drew the end between his lips and sucked the odd concoction from it.

Catching the action in the reflection of the mirror, Glorfindel turned his head in order to watch directly. He walked silently back to where Erestor was perched on the edge of a chair, teasingly lapping the chocolate from the paintbrush. “You like that?” asked Glorfindel. Erestor nodded, withdrawing the brush slowly from his lips, cheeks hollowed, eyes lifted upwards. Glorfindel picked up the cup that held the remaining dark paint and without breaking his gaze from Erestor’s, poured the contents onto the head of his erection.

Erestor flipped the brush over his shoulder and leaned forward, but Glorfindel took a step back, and then another. He crooked his finger, one hand still holding the teacup. As Erestor stood up and came forward, Glorfindel dipped one finger into the cup and swirled it around the edges. He held his finger up to Erestor’s lips, and after one tentative lick from his apprentice, Glorfindel gently but firmly pressed his finger forward, smearing chocolate upon Erestor’s lips before pushing between them. After the chocolate was cleaned from the single digit, Glorfindel covered two and repeated the actions. The third time, he stepped in closer and barely gave Erestor time to breathe before forcing his fingers back into his mouth, pumping them in and out. “You know what I want to do with these. You think you can take it? You want to try?”

Erestor swallowed hard as he sucked the rest of the chocolate from Glorfindel’s hand. “Yes,” he panted once his mouth was empty. “Oh, yes... yes...” He lunged forward the short distance between them, and soon had invaded Glorfindel’s mouth, using his tongue to help convince the elder elf he was indeed very aware of just what Glorfindel had in mind.

“Mmmnn...” Glorfindel separated himself from his anxious young lover only after his mouth tasted of chocolate as well. “Of course, you know what I... really want to do to you...” He put his hands on Erestor’s shoulders and looked down at the chocolate dripping from his erection before pressing Erestor down onto his knees.

Lack of experience was not something this Lorien brother had to contend with. His love of books and reading had made him knowledgeable when it came to practically any topic, and on the art of lovemaking, he was an expert despite having very little practical experience. Erestor licked his lips, looked back up to lock his eyes with Glorfindel’s, and drew the swollen head into his mouth. He was very careful not to use his teeth, and to flick his tongue over the most sensitive places.

It was Glorfindel who broke the gaze first, closing his eyes as his head tilted back. He gripped Erestor’s hair and pulled his head back, looking back down at him. “Are you certain you have not done this before?” he asked, narrowing his eyes slightly, only half-serious about his question.

Erestor groaned as Glorfindel twisted his fingers, loving the perverse sort of pleasure he was gaining from the pain it caused. He turned his head when Glorfindel loosened his grip in order to regain the sensation.

Glorfindel smirked and tugged Erestor’s head back further. “No, I suppose you haven’t. You just discovered how much you want it, that’s all.”

“Would you rather I was a bumbling fool? If so, I can see if my brother Haldir is still free tonight,” offered Erestor.

“Mmm, you are cheeky when you want to be,” Glorfindel said, reminding himself more than Erestor. “Do you know what I am going to do to you tonight?”

“Not exactly, but I can imagine,” admitted Erestor. His arms were at his sides, his neck and legs starting to ache from the position he was being held in.

“Do you want me to tell you what I am going to do to you?”

Erestor nodded, not only because he wanted to know, but because the motion caused Glorfindel to pull at his hair even more.

Glorfindel let go of his grip and petted Erestor’s hair as he spoke. “First, I want to watch you do a little more of this,” he said, giving a thrust of his hips so that the tip of his length brushed Erestor’s swollen lips. “Then I want to take you, here, on the floor. I was going to suggest the bed, but... no... I want you here, and rough. You don’t really know it yet, but that’s how you like it. It’s how you want it. And I’m going to give it to you. You’ll reach heights you never thought possible from depths you never knew existed. Then, after I... fuck you,” said Glorfindel slowly, lingering on words that had Erestor panting hard, “I’m going to lick you from head to toe, and then we’ll go crawl into bed. And then... maybe we’ll do it again, right before you fall asleep.”

He gave a strand behind Erestor’s ear a tug and said above the moan, “If you’re good, I might even thrill you with that a little.” Glorfindel lowered himself down onto his knees, and then a little more so he was nearly sitting on the ground with his legs bracing him on either side. His erection jutted up, and Erestor bowed his head down to resume what he had been doing. It proved a little difficult at first, so he raised himself onto his hands and knees before trying again.

When he cleaned the remaining chocolate from Glorfindel, he was petted on the head and told to retrieve the cup and brush with the vanilla body paint. Erestor hastily brought them over, dipping the back end of the brush into the mixture when he was instructed to, but he looked confused as he did so before handing it to Glorfindel.

“Now get back where you were... yes, good,” remarked Glorfindel when Erestor was back on his hands and knees before him. “Can you do that with just one hand on the ground?” Erestor lifted up one hand, shifting his weight to keep balance on the other. “Good.” Glorfindel handed the brush back. “Go ahead.” When Erestor still looked puzzled, Glorfindel laughed and said, “If you really are a virgin, and I suspect you are, my fingers are going to hurt to prepare you straight off, so you better try that first.”

Erestor felt a shiver down his spine, but he managed with only slight difficulty to position his arm beneath him and his hand around behind so that the back tip of the brush, which was stubby and rounded, pressed against his tight opening. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath and then took it in again as he tried to push the brush within him.

Glorfindel’s hand on his wrist stopped him. The blond had moved behind Erestor in almost an instant. “I wanted to see how far you were going to go.” He took the brush away and tossed it aside after drawing his tongue over the sweet paste that was coating it. “You promise me right now, you’re never going to do something just because I tell you to, you only do it if you want to, alright?” Erestor dared to look over his shoulder, fearing for a moment he had upset Glorfindel. When he saw the concerned look, Erestor nodded immediately. “Now, where were we...”

---

The bell that alerted Glorfindel that someone was at the bottom of the tree rang for the forth time in less than five minutes. Deciding he had better go see who it was, he detangled himself from Erestor, grabbed a towel to wrap around his waist, and headed out of the tree. He waited until he reached the bottom to take the towel from where he had it draped over his shoulder. As he knotted it at his hip, he smirked at the way the afternoon caller shook his head and buried his face in one hand. “Good day, Elrond. What brings you here?”

“I suppose asking if you had a good time at the festival is hardly necessary,” replied Elrond. Glorfindel merely grinned. “I came to see if you had any idea as to the whereabouts of your young apprentice. I had scheduled lunch with him and his parents today to go over his excellent progress, and was hoping you – and he, obviously – might attend. However, neither his parents nor his brothers know where he is, and... Glorfindel, just what is up in those branches that is so damned interesting?” insisted Elrond, for Glorfindel appeared to be ignoring him and staring at the leaves of the mallorn above him.

“Erestor,” said Glorfindel when he looked back at Elrond.

“Yes, exactly. Do you know where—“ Elrond caught a glimpse of the writing on Glorfindel’s back as the blond turned to wave at some passersby who wished him a good day. Elrond took a step around and pushed back Glorfindel’s tangled golden hair. “Cradle Robber? What is that all about? Please tell me you did not—wait, is that... that’s Erestor’s handwriting,” realized Elrond, and he, too, looked up into the branches. “Oh, shame on you, Glorfindel!”

“What? This one was of age!” he protested as Elrond shook his head and crossed his arms. Glorfindel mirrored his arms to Elrond’s pose, and dared say, “What, jealous?”

“Most certainly NOT,” said Elrond. “I simply have no idea what I am to tell his parents when I return to their home.”

“The way I see it, you have two options. You can either tell them you never found him, or you can tell them the truth.”

“Dare I ask the truth?”

Glorfindel grinned. “Well, the truth includes a fair amount of foreplay and a whole lot of sex. That’s probably why he’s still asleep. I could give you details if you’d like—“

“Nevermind,” Elrond interupted quickly. “As far as I am concerned, we never had this conversation. I hope none of that is permanent,” he added as he began to walk away.

“No need to worry. I’ll just have Erestor lick the rest of it off, and there won’t be a trace left.” Glorfindel snickered as Elrond covered his ears and walked away. He decided now was not the time to thank the peredhel for recreating the formula for the powder that turned to edible paint for him at just that moment.

In fact, it seemed it was a much better time to climb back up into bed with a certain sweetheart instead...
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=228