Letter to Valanyonnen, A by Zhie, Java Green, Valanyonnen
Summary: Letters sent to Valanyonnen, after Bainith's return to the Halls of Healing.
Categories: Stories of Arda > Haven - The LOTRO Files Characters: Bainith, Culgondrian, Faerfaen, Valanyonnen
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Comedic, Dramatic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 931 Read: 13448 Published: September 28 2011 Updated: September 28 2011

1. Chapter 1 by Zhie

2. Chapter 2 by Zhie

3. Chapter 3 by Zhie

Chapter 1 by Zhie
This was sent after Culgondrian and Bainith had too much fun in the Ale House, what are siblings for but to knock each other silly? Or in this case out cold...

Dear Valanyonnen

I feel the need to apologize for any strain or sorrow mine and Bainith’s actions last eve may cause to you.

Our encounter was a fairly physical you see.

Wait, I just recalled that Bainith asked me not to tell anyone, especially Zhie, where we were as she would be displeased. Except she already found out, she walked in and found us tangled together on the floor, dragged us half dressed back to Rivendell by the ears and told me to write a letter to explain matters. So, I guess it’s alright?

We were at an undisclosed location, with a fair amount of dwarf peer pressure resulting in the consumption of a liquid which resulted in a sever lack of thought on both our parts. Zhie made certain Master Bainith was cleaned up and put to bed after she untangled us. She also tackled me. I begin to loathe Mr. Soap. But no matter.

She threatened to spank us both, but I believe only you can hand out such punishment to Bainith, correct?

Bainith explained he was homesick and snuck to the Shire, and then he heard I was near and came to see me. This was most kind of him. We got to talking and then one thing lead to another and then we found ourselves together sprawled on the floor like that. Most unbecoming I am certain. So once again, I apologize to you for the damage.

My memory of the exact sequence of events which brought our completion is a bit vague. Though I do know we both seemed to acquire some broken bones and bruises in the process. Zhie claimes our heads were broken as well. I think I have a chicken thigh imprinted into my back as well as the stones of the wall. We both seemed to be a bit over zealous, pent up frustrations I presume.

Once again, I do sincerely apologize for injuring your Bainith. But he gave me a concussion as well as I him. We were made to promise to Zhie, we would not whack one another off the walls nor compete in the Ale House again. She is very scary when she’s mad.

We’ll both be in bed a while longer, mending.

Culgondrian
Chapter 2 by Zhie
Author's Notes:
((And a letter from Zhie to Valanyonnen, after she probably had a drink and the Elven equivalent of a couple of aspirin))

Excuse the nature of this letter, but my head is throbbing from the antics of my apprentices this evening.

Bainith is once again recovering in Imladris. He took it upon himself today, after reportedly unable to find you, to ride back to the Shire to visit his parents. That part was not overly concerning to me, as his new horse rides swift and true between Rivendell and Michel Delving. Unfortunately, after the visit, he heard my other apprentice and adopted daughter, Culgondrian, was in the Dwarven realm playing the rather dreadful beer brawling game. The two are kindred spirits, siblings of a sort. He went to visit, offered to aid her in one game, and before long a messenger had to retrieve me in haste from Evendim to sort the two of them out. They have both been strictly forbidden to enter that place for quite some time. I felt since it was really Culgondrian's fault for making Bainith feel like he needed to stay and help her, she should write an apology to you. It should be forthcoming.

Amid his long apologetic sentences, Bainith did seem to realize that he did not need to do everything another Elf did in order to try to be an Elf. It has been difficult for him to find other Elves who are accepting of him, and who he can feel comfortable speaking to. Until he met you, he always complained that Sindarin was too difficult to learn, and Imladris was a place he would never want to go. This evening as I made sure he was safely in his room for the night before dealing with Culgondrian, the majority of the conversation always led back to what has become his favorite topic: You, and what you are teaching him. I hope you are not gone over-long, for he seems to be quite fond of you.

I made a very strong suggestion he stay now in Imladris until you return.

Safe journey, wherever you are,
Zhie, Scribe of Imladris
Chapter 3 by Zhie
Author's Notes:
This arrived in Cul's mailbox today, I thought I'd pass it along [Smile]

"To Culgondrain

Coming home to find a stack of letters waiting usually is quite pleasent to someone like me, as I have been living alone for so many years now.

But ever since I met Bainith, opening the mailbox has begun to cause all kinds of uneasiness and worry.

Of course, his dis- and reappearance, his injury and his involuntary meeting with a troll are relatively meaningless compaired to the shock your letter gave me before I re-read it. The idea of you and Bainith sprawled on the floor together is something I would rather not see in reality. It took me a while to realise that it was the beer brawl you were speaking of...

Whichever way, I appreciate your honesty and hope that both of you, although bruised and battered, enjoyed yourselves. As I have said before, I am in no position to order Bainith around. His careless behaviour saddens me, and if my state of mind is not entirely unimportant to him, he might look after himself a little better in the future.

I hope that you are well

Greetings
Valanyonnen"
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=341