Confessions by Zhie
Summary: Legolas and Elrond each have something to confess to the other.
Categories: Stories of Arda > Blind Characters: Elrond, Legolas
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Romantic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 658 Read: 1827 Published: February 28 2014 Updated: February 28 2014

1. Complete by Zhie

Complete by Zhie
There was a knock on the door. Even with the windows tightly sealed and warm blankets nestled around him, Elrond shivered, and sighed to think of the cold floor he had to cross to get to the door. Wrapping the closest layer of warmth around him and making a mess of the rest of the blankets, his feet fumbled to find his slippers on the floor. By the time he had succeeded, he had heard the knock again. It was a little more timid this time, so he hurried to answer.

“I am sorry to disturb you at such a late hour,” apologized Legolas with his head bowed. “I thought I felt you were still awake. Forgive me.”

“Legolas, there is nothing to forgive.” Elrond ushered him into the room. Not since Celebrian’s sailing to the west had Legolas been in the room, and he watched the younger ellon take in the fact that the large bed that once inhabited the chambers, large enough for three, was long gone. In its place was an adequate one, but very plain, and heaped with thick coverings. “Would you care for something to drink?” Legolas shook his head as Elrond led him to the chairs by the fire.

The peredhel tossed his quilt onto one of the chairs and shuffled to the fireplace, adding more wood and poking the log that was inside before sitting down. “You should rest tonight. It will be a long journey for you come the morning.”

Crystal blue eyes watched the fire whip up the chimney intently. “I know. It is the quest that causes me a lack of sleep. I have a confession,” he admitted, looking to Elrond, one of his old lovers and his long-time friend, briefly. “I am afraid to go on this quest.”

Elrond swallowed hard. “You are not the only one who is apprehensive.” For some time they both stared into the fire. “I could send Glorfindel,” Elrond finally said. “He would go willingly, and he has so little fear.”

“No. If something were to happen to him, I cannot imagine the grief it would cause poor Erestor,” said Legolas in regards to the blind counselor. “He needs Glorfindel; I cannot in good conscience disregard my task now.”

“Did you consider that...” Elrond trailed off, and leaned his head to the side, rubbing his temples with the tips of his fingers. “I... want you to stay safe while you are out there.”

“I am going to Mordor,” replied Legolas wryly. “We both know how difficult ‘staying safe’ will be.”

“You know what I mean.” Elrond sighed deeply. “I lost one of you; I do not think I could bare it if...”

Again, he left the sentence unfinished, the words unspoken. Legolas tentatively reached out and touched Elrond’s hand. “Why did you never seek me out after she left?”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

“I thought you needed time.”

“I thought you abandoned me.”

And there it was: A simple misunderstanding that led to a long-held grudge against one another that tormented their waking world and their midnight dreams. Slowly, Legolas stood up without losing contact. He gripped Elrond’s hand tighter as he came to kneel before him. “I never abandoned you, my love.”

A hand caressed Legolas’ cheek, and Elrond smiled sadly. “We are two stubborn fools, are we not?” Legolas smirked back and nodded, shifting closer. “This could be the last time we spend together,” Elrond realized.

“Then let us not waste it,” whispered Legolas, standing up and pulling Elrond to his feet. Elrond followed as Legolas led him back to the bed, pausing to reach for the quilt he had left behind. “You will not need that,” chuckled Legolas as he tugged on his lover’s hand and sat upon the mattress, drawing Elrond down beside him. “Make love to me,” he crooned into Elrond’s ear, “and we shall keep each other warm.”
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=348