Take a Chance on Me by Zhie
Summary: A songfic based on the Abba song 'Take a Chance on Me'. Ellyn seducing ellyth, nothing more.
Categories: Stories of Arda > Extras Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel, Haldir, Lindir
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Lyrical or Songfic, Romantic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2254 Read: 1702 Published: August 01 2007 Updated: August 01 2007

1. Complete by Zhie

Complete by Zhie
Lindir bowed to the lady he had just spoken to. He had offered his assistance, any that she might need, but politely she had declined. “If you need me, let me know, and I’ll be around,” he assured her before moving back to the spot beneath the low hanging boughs of a few oak trees to rejoin the minstrels.

Not far away, an elleth gingerly held the goblet in her hand, shaking slightly in both anticipation and apprehension as she observed the ellin, for there were so many, and all so refined. This midwinter gathering in Rivendell was the first of them she was able to attend, having only just reached her majority. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught one of the handsome elves bowing to an elleth who had just turned down his invitation to dance from the look of things. “If you change your mind,” she heard Haldir say to the elleth some space away, “I’m the first in line.” He bowed again to match her curtsey, and left the gazebo. Sadly, the blond warden walked in the direction opposite of where she stood as another blond with a sunny smile came up the steps.

As the young elleth gave a sigh, watching longingly as Lord Glorfindel walked from the gazebo, arm in arm with the now giggling maiden she had been observing, she felt someone approach from behind. She didn’t turn around as she felt them place their hands upon her shoulders. A warm rush tingled her spine as nimble fingers pushed her hair back from her ear. As he leaned down, one of his raven braids swung over her shoulder. Erestor paused, looking about to see that none were watching, then traced his tongue up her throat. “Honey, I’m still free,” he whispered. “Take a chance on me.”

Vaguely, somewhere, as if it were happening far away, the elleth could hear the voice of the master minstrel speaking again to the lady he was trying to discretely and properly woo. “If you need me, let me know, gonna be around,” she heard him saying, likely as the lady was passing by. “If you’ve got no place to go, if you’re feeling down.” There was a pause, and the minstrel even added a bit of something more poetic to his offer. “If you’re all alone, when the pretty birds have flown.”

The words of the elf who was now walking them slowly backwards into the shadows of the surrounding forest echoed in her head. ‘Honey, I’m still free. Take a chance on me.’ She barely recalled the words of her mother, warning her earlier in the evening of the sorts of ellin she would encounter, and how she had to keep watch for the warriors, and the soldiers, for the crafty traders and the wily musicians and poets. She searched through the information her mother had offered, and at no point was anything said about sneaky, squirrelly scribes.

Erestor stopped abruptly, already having brought them into the midst of the foliage. His mouth was latched onto her shoulder, and he continued to suck and nip at her pale skin despite the sounds of another couple nearby. He slid his hand over her mouth to keep her from any noises that might alert the other couple to their presence as he listened.

“Gonna do my very best and it ain’t no lie,” said a smooth, silky voice to a tittering elleth. Erestor rolled his eyes at the recognition of Glorfindel’s voice, and pulled his own captured prey closer as he began to suck more intensely on the side of her neck. He smiled as he felt the vibration of a groan against his hand as the young lady pressed back against him, whether by reflex or other reason he did not dwell on it. Glorfindel gallantly announced not far away to his companion, “If you put me to the test, if you let me try…” His voice faded as he and the elleth continued their walk.

Once certain that they were not going to be heard, Erestor’s hand moved from the elleth’s mouth, allowing a gasp to escape. “Take a chance on me,” he whispered between kisses to her throat and shoulder now that he was pushing the fabric aside. “That’s all I ask of you, honey. Take a chance on me.” It was as he had expected- she was not about to try to resist, but he wanted to give her some assurance with his words. For the last few years, as she finally reached her majority, he had noticed her, had begun to lust for her. He waited, waited as long as he should, and then waited as long as he could. Erestor had in his mind a grand plan of how to go about courting this young maiden, but too many sets of foreign eyes had danced over her tonight, too many others had her eyes fallen upon. Even that had not brought him the courage, but after two rounds of ale with Elrond and a discussion with his good friend, the Lord of the land had offered his advice, then turned himself away from whatever activity might take place near the gazebo, nudging Erestor off the stool and in the general direction.

Shivering pleasantly, the young elleth felt the chill of the winter air against her skin as the ties of the dress at her shoulders were undone. The garment slipped down from her arms, still held up by her assets, but revealing quite a lot more than was proper. Erestor seemed at no rush to rid her of the dress immediately, and was delighted to sample the new delights offered to him as he continued his speech to her. “We can go dancing... we can go... walking,” he suggested, hands cupping her still covered breasts, tongue teasing her jaw and neck, her upper back peppered with kisses. “As long as we’re together... listen to some music... maybe just talking... get to know you better...”

His greedy hands suddenly pulled at the material that shielded her bosom from the night air. The fabric fell down from her chest, still clinging to her from her hips down to her feet. All of her weight was now supported back against him as her knees gave way, but a firm grip kept her standing. Now his hands kneaded her breasts, and between his fingers, he managed to trap her nipples and harden them with his ministrations. “You know,” he told her softly, biting the lobe of her ear, “I’ve got so much that I want to do, when I dream I’m alone with you... it’s magic,” he rasped huskily, flicking his thumbs over the hard nubs and bringing forth a variety of sounds.

As if she had only just realized what was happening, the elleth brought her hands up to his, grabbing them, but unsure of whether to pull them away or coax them further. “You want me to leave it there,” he said, moving his hands from her chest and settling them on her hips. “Afraid of a love affair,” he added, his fingers splaying out. “But I think you know,” he added sensually as his hands began to move over her stomach, close to the clothing that still lingered, “That I can’t let go.”

His hands lifted away just as the tips were about to tease the fold of the fabric. “Oh, you can take your time, baby,” he crooned, stepping back. He smiled, looking so gentle, so trustworthy, and yet so dangerous all at once, like the cutest kitten about to pounce with claws out and teeth bared. “I’m in no hurry,” he said, though the gaze that he had on her bared body as she turned said otherwise. “You know I’m going to get you.”

Uncertain of what to do, the elleth crossed her arms over her chest, and glanced around to where they had heard Lord Glorfindel go. She had, like many of the young ladies in Rivendell, snuck more than one peek at the training fields out of the windows of the school rooms in hopes of glimpsing the fabled elven lord. But never had she considered this elf, and yet, where she felt nothing for Glorfindel, there was something she felt here. Whether it was a true feeling, or simply a sudden, youthful fantasy for only this night, she did not know.

“You don’t want to hurt me,” spoke Erestor, advancing slowly once again, as if reading her thoughts. “Baby, don’t worry, I’m not going to let you,” he said, feeling quite foolish now for the effects of the wine and his practically childish behavior. Lifting her dress back up allow her to regain some amount of modesty, Erestor turned away as she shakily retied the ribbons that had held her garment up. “Let me tell you now,” he said, his voice suddenly not quite so sure as it had been, “My love...” He looked back to her, meeting her gaze with his own, “is strong enough to last when things are rough.”

The elleth blinked in surprise at the change, a change back to the ellon she was familiar with. This time she approached him, reaching her hand to touch his shoulder. Now that the fire had died down, she was able to think better. Upon contact, she gasped, for the blaze erupted again, and it was, like so many said, as if she simply knew. Obviously, he had known for some time. “It’s magic,” she murmured.

“You can say that I waste me time,” blurted out Erestor, “but I can’t get you off my mind.” His arms embraced her, and he held her tight as he whispered, “No, I can’t let go. I love you so.”

There was a newfound understanding, an acknowledgement without words. It found them minutes later, naked in the grass, knelt before one another. It was Erestor who was the more active participant, but his lover never once objected to a single thing that was done. When she found herself staring up at him, and beyond, a background of stars, and below, the cold and broken frosted winter grass at her back, her panting and insistent nods was all the encouragement needed.

The consistent warning from other females was ‘it’s going to hurt, but it goes away’. Where they had found their information, she knew not. It wasn’t quite pain, but it was something, and it didn’t go away, not right away at least. Every romance she had read always told of an ellon who stopped, stroked his lover’s brow, asked if he should continue, and generally acted concerned.

Perhaps there was a look of concern in his eyes that she missed due to the fact his eyes were closed and his mouth was open in a rather odd way as he made some sort of grunting noise. She tried to shift a little, but his weight and hold had her stuck in place. Once again, she looked at his face, and then, she laughed at how bizarre and silly he looked compared to his normally stoic appearance, and laughed harder to think that this silly, bizarre ellon was now, as per their laws and customs, would be her husband.

At least this had the desired effect for her. Erestor stopped suddenly, and looked down with concern and a little offended. He sat back on his haunches, which meant his hard length had to slide from her body. Looking very hurt, he turned his head away. Realizing her mistake, and recalling how so often many youths and even his peers would tease him for various reasons, she took his face between her hands and pulled him down to kiss his mouth, to slide her tongue between his lips, and continue this assault as he relaxed and drew nearer.

During her reinitiated foreplay, she missed his readjustment and so it came as a surprise when he reentered her and once again found his rhythm. This time, this time it was better- much better. It was something to be relished and remembered, and easily she was able to look past the silliness of his facial expressions as he thrust into her over and over, harder and faster, for she was fairly certain hers were nothing akin to elegant, either.

Muscles shook and her sight blurred. Her legs ached at the unfamiliar position they were in, wishing to fight against it, but not, as every thrust was another burst of new and intense pleasure. She felt something happen as Erestor thrust hard and stopped, opening his eyes and observing her, looking for something in her eyes. Twice more he thrust forward before holding his position, while he bowed his head down. With one free hand, his fingers pinched and tweaked one soft nipple while his mouth latched over the other, teeth nipping and tongue flicking. With a cry, she bucked against him, gasping and panting, until a sudden heat shot through her and she leaned back in the grass, utterly spent. Limbs entwined, they drifted into peaceful reverie, snuggled against a tree with Erestor’s cloak over them for comfort and modesty of some sort. “No, I can’t let you go,” he whispered, kissing her brow as he drifted off, “because I love you so.”

-End-
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=43