Something to Talk About by Zhie
Summary: Written for Dark... the 'no interests' drabble
Categories: Stories of Arda > Extras Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Romantic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 383 Read: 1935 Published: August 06 2007 Updated: August 06 2007

1. Complete by Zhie

Complete by Zhie
“So, what do you do?” asked Glorfindel of his tour guide as they walked up the excessively tall staircase.

“As Lord Elrond said, I am his Chief Advisor. I offer him my insight into his dealings,” explained Erestor, in the case that the recently returned hero of Gondolin in fact did not know what the definition of Chief Advisor was.

Nodding, Glorfindel said, “I am aware of that. I was just wondering what it was you did besides being his Chief Advisor.”

“Is my job not enough?” countered Erestor a bit abruptly.

“No, that was not what I meant.” Glorfindel chuckled, patting Erestor’s shoulder. He noted that the dark elf flinched slightly at his touch. “What I was really wondering was if you had any hobbies, and other interests that you pursue when you are not working.”

Erestor remained quiet as they climbs the steps. Once at the top, he said, “Since before I was of age, I served King Gil-Galad in the capacity of a scribe. I am one of but a few left from before the war who possesses such knowledge. My skills are second to none; it is not only Elrond whom I advise. I have not the time for any merriment or frivolity, but please, do not let that deter you from enjoying the benefits of this house.”

Now, Glorfindel was wise in his own way, though he would be the first to admit he was hardly a scholar. The knowledge he possessed was the sort not learned from a book or scroll, but from watching and listening and living. It had been far too long since he had lived, he decided, so when he noticed that they were alone on the landing, he moved in close and took a firm grip of Erestor’s wrist.

“What do you think you are doing?” demanded the counselor.

“Giving you something to be interested in,” said Glorfindel, and with that, he pinned Erestor against the wall and kissed him deeply.

To Glorfindel’s delight, Erestor did not protest or fight him. Instead, he felt a wonderful rush as Erestor’s tongue broke past the barrier of their lips and invaded his mouth.

Glorfindel was going to like Imladris much more than Gondolin. He just had a certain feeling about it.
This story archived at http://www.littlebalrog.com/zhie/phoenix/viewstory.php?sid=55