Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
“Oh, honey...” Glorfindel took hold of one of Faelion’s hands. “Love... love is one of those things...” Glorfindel shook his head. “It is one of those words best left for later. If you say it too soon—“

“You do not need to love me in return,” rushed Faelion. “I know you cannot, but I had to say it.”

Glorfindel placed his hands on Faelion’s cheeks, forcing the younger to focus on him. “Never, ever give yourself to anyone for anything less than love.” Faelion tried to respond, but eventually nodded as Glorfindel drew back and turned away to look out the window.

“Are you going to leave?” asked Faelion to break the silence. “I really hate being alone here, and no one else will return for hours.”

“I can stay a little while longer,” decided Glorfindel. “It would be just as lonely where I plan to spend the night.”

Faelion picked up the glass of wine and offered it back to Glorfindel again. “Were you asked not to sleep in your apartment anymore, or do you just like sleeping beneath the barracks?”

“You certainly ask a lot of questions,” Glorfindel replied. The plate of strawberries and chocolate was held up for him, and he gladly took one of the berries, having been rushed through dinner.

“I have an inquisitive mind, uncle says.”

Glorfindel smiled. “You certainly do.”

“Do you want to spend the night?” Faelion abruptly asked. “Then we would not both be alone by ourselves.”

The young ellon’s cheeks were colored an endearing shade of red, which only deepened in color when Glorfindel said, “I suppose there must be a guest room somewhere that is not being used.”

“I was actually thinking of my room,” mumbled Faelion. “I have a really big bed and I promise to stay on one half if you use the other. I sleep very soundly, uncle says.”

“And what will your uncle say when he returns home and finds me in your bed?”

“Oh, when they get back they will be so tired they will all be abed immediately. And I am always an early riser, so we will have no trouble getting you back out while everyone is still asleep.”

Glorfindel finished the wine in his glass and set it empty back on the table. “I suppose with the alternative being to walk all the way back to the barracks, it makes more sense for me to stay here. Besides, then I will be sure to get you to practice in the morning.”

“Yes, sir,” answered Faelion, though his attempt to contain his excitement failed.

---

The sunlight streamed in through the break in the curtains; the rest of the bed was empty. Glorfindel somehow suspected it would turn out this way. Shoving aside the sheets, he let his hand wander to indentation of the other pillows. His fingers brushed across smooth, cold linen.

This tactile moment awoke his senses and unlocked his memory regarding the previous night. The agreement was to stay on opposite sides of the bed; a noble idea. It had begun that way, with Faelion politely offering Glorfindel his choice of sides. Once settled in, they had decided that putting a pillow between them would help create that needed line not to be crossed.

But it was crossed, and Glorfindel’s lazy smile as he continued to rest in the cozy bed beheld no regrets. Faelion managed to nitpick about, setting out clothing for the next day and refilling the pitcher of water among other things, far longer than necessary. He did so clad in only his loincloth, with Glorfindel left to lounge in bed and watch. It was difficult to say whether the young ellon was aware of the seduction or not. He finally got into bed, and upon discovering that the candle was still lit, crawled over Glorfindel to blow it out.

His shock may or may not have been an act as his thigh brushed against Glorfindel’s erection, covered only by a sheet. The blond took a deep breath in, the scent of Faelion intoxicating. Before words could be spoken, Glorfindel pulled Faelion down and hungrily kissed him.

It had been a long time since the scattered nights spent with Gildor, and the wedding night antics that Tauniel and Aranel had persuaded him to partake in were still bittersweet. For the first time, it was more than pure lust. There was some sort of respect as they each stripped down the other. Words were useless after that. They communicated in glances and groans, advancing slowly, coaxing with touches and gentle nuzzles.

There was still hesitation when they had reached that frenzied point beyond return. Glorfindel took the initiative, but his solution was to straddle the younger ellon and taste the hard length that jutted invitingly upwards. Faelion gasped and took a few moments to overcome the initial shock before he regained the ability to reciprocate.

Afterwards, there were questions. Faelion’s curiosity knew no limits. They snuggled together in a cozy haze, but Faelion’s hands explored every bit of flesh within reach. “This does not make us bound, does it?”

“No, not yet. We would need to go further for that,” said Glorfindel.

“Are you staying the night or will you be gone in the morning?”

“Whatever you wish,” Glorfindel replied.

Faelion’s hand brushed against Glorfindel’s groin. “Umm...” he paused, and resumed his caresses elsewhere, though Glorfindel had some notion as to what the question would have been.

“Do you want me to flatter both of us, or tell you the truth on that?”

“Hmm? On what?” But Faelion’s hand moved back to where it had previously been. “I guess I just thought they were all the same size.”

“If only,” mumbled Glorfindel. “You have nothing to worry about, though. From what I have observed, you would fall into the category of adequately average.”

“Oh. I guess I was hoping that yours was average and mine was a little more than average,” said Faelion, half-grinning.

Glorfindel made some sort of grumbling sound that made Faelion laugh. “I may never reach the heights that most do, but it at least seems thicker than most others. Try putting your hand around it and you will see what I mean.”

Faelion gave Glorfindel a sly look. “Just to test your theory, of course.”

“Oh, absolutely,” agreed Glorfindel with mock innocence as Faelion’s fingers encircled his awakening member. “If you move your hand up and down a little, you will see what I mean,” he added in the most professional sounding way possible.

An reenactment of that was occurring, minus Faelion’s assistance. Glorfindel replayed the most enjoyable parts of the night over and over in his mind as he stroked himself, faster and faster, hoping that the maids would not enter to tidy the room until after he had finished. He reached his goal, but just barely, for once he had cleaned himself up there was a knock on the door. Hesitantly he answered it, finding one of the maids on the other side.

She curtseyed, and then said, “Master Salgant wishes to speak to you in the observation room. He said that he trusts you will be able to find your way there.”

Glorfindel donned his crumpled clothing before he made his way up into the little tower that Salgant enjoyed so much. His dulled senses from the night’s activities diminished some of the timidity he would otherwise have felt. When he came to the doorway, he leaned against it and looked in. Duilin was sprawled on the long bench poking at half of a grapefruit, while Salgant sat upright at one of the tables eating alternatively from three plates of various foods that were spread out before him. “Good morning,” offered the blond.

Duilin acknowledged him by raising his hand slightly before refocusing his concentration upon his fruit once again. The other ellon glanced at the door and motioned for Glorfindel to enter. “Well, come in then, what do you think I am going to do, bite you? I think that is best left to Faelion,” he stated. Duilin smirked.

“I guess you know what went on, then,” said Glorfindel as he pulled out a chair from the table Salgant was at. He sat down and folded his hands together.

“Faelion and I had a little talk after I returned home. I found your boots at the door and had a suspicion as to what had transpired.”

“We did not quite do what you may think we did,” interrupted Glorfindel.

Salgant cut into a fat, greasy sausage. “Do I look as if I care if you did? I can think of many worse, less discrete influences upon him. You were not the focus of our conversation, however. We talked about his commitment to his training, and how waiting would only make it that much harder to complete. I also voiced my concerns about him continuing in your unit now that you have established a relationship of some sort.”

Glorfindel sighed and nodded. Their affair was a risk that could affect how each of them reacted on the practice field. Ordering Faelion about might not have been too terrible, but the thought of watching other recruits fight against him ignited a sudden protectiveness. “What did you suggest he do?”

“Find another house to train with. I know that Ecthelion would make room for him, and if he did not want to go there, Egalmoth would not be so unkind as to turn him away. He will find another army to train with. In the meantime...” Salgant set down his silverware and looked across the table at Glorfindel. “I trust that the two of you mean to keep this a secret, all things considered.”

“Yes, undoubtedly,” promised Glorfindel.

Salgant gave a sage nod. “Good. I am yet wary of Turgon, even if Fingon sees no harm in us revealing ourselves.”