Beyond Canon
RSS


[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: Duet: Canary and Swan. Parts of this story originally were used in segments of 'Mary Goes to Mirkwood'. See author notes for further explanation.
Rated: Adult Fiction
Categories: Stories of Arda > Birds of a Feather Characters: Celeborn, Thranduil
Awards: None
Challenge: None
Genre: Lyrical or Songfic
Special Collection: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4953 Read: 39405
Published: February 28 2014 Updated: February 28 2014
Story Notes:
I'm a fan of the works by Mary and Mal, and when they were writing 'Mary Goes to Mirkwood', there was some discussion regarding the 'squirrel girl'. One thing led to another, and I went from simply writing the Ballad of the Girl of the Squirrels for them to being drawn right into the story myself.

Knowing the story 'Mary Goes to Mirkwood' is probably helpful, but not entirely necessary.

The basis of these stories is that there are four elven lords and one messenger who, when they want to have some 'play time', go out into Middle-earth masked and perform as part of the musical group 'Birds of a Feather'. Farfetched, slightly, but fun. There are some songs in this story that I wrote, and some that are spoofs of other songs.

1. Part One by Zhie [Reviews - 0] (739 words)

2. Part Two by Zhie [Reviews - 0] (642 words)

3. Part Three by Zhie [Reviews - 0] (1739 words)

4. Part Four by Zhie [Reviews - 0] (487 words)

5. Part Five by Zhie [Reviews - 0] (678 words)

6. Part Six by Zhie [Reviews - 0] (668 words)