Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
In the darkness lovers lay
Taking rest 'til break of day
Married now, neither bride
Content and peaceful, by your side


The last four lines were Glorfindel's favorite, and he requested they be read over again. Erestor happily obliged before putting his quill down on the table near the bed and setting the parchment he had just written on next to it. "An erotic poem, all about us. It makes me want to..." Glorfindel smiled. "I suppose we are in the right place for it." He took hold of Erestor's hand and kissed it. "I had hoped and dreamed, but never had I expected to be right here, right now, with you. It appears dreams do come true on occasion."

"It would seem so," agreed Erestor as he traced his fingers along Glorfindel's skin.

"What have you named the piece?" asked Glorfindel as he nodded toward the parchment.

"What would you call it?"

Glorfindel went over the words in his mind again, relishing the touch. "I should think 'By Your Side' would work well."

"It may, but I already have a poem with that title," smiled Erestor. "I was perhaps thinking..." He paused and he brought his hand up and placed it over Glorfindel's cheek as his dark brown eyes sought out bright blue-green ones. "My Husband."