Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
Elrond sorted through the packages that had been brought to him from the messenger. It had been two months and a shipment of parchment to Lothlorien since Rumil had departed, and the Lord of Imladris wondered if perhaps the duties Rumil acquired in the Golden Woods kept him from his hobby. The final parcel declared otherwise, and Elrond tore the wrapper from it, seizing the parchment pages from within.

“ ‘The Grey Archer sat quietly upon his branch that overlooked the Northern borders of his home. In the distance, a figure upon horseback rides in silence, appearance hidden by cloak and mask.’” Elrond turned to the next page, continuing to read with excitement. “ ‘ ‘Daro!’ calls the Grey Archer as he leaps from his hidden spot. ‘You may come no further, stranger, until you have presented me with your name.’"

“ ‘My name is my own, which I give to those I choose. You may call me--’” Elrond smiled as he studied the new character, grinning now as he noted the dark hair that hung over the stranger’s back, then turned to the next page. The entire panel had been used to present the new addition to the stories, a majestic looking figure, still masked, but practically perfect as far as Elrond was concerned. “ ‘-- the Peredhel.’ ”