Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
Erestor walked briskly down the hall, covering the short distance between their rooms very quickly. Glorfindel had left his door open, and Erestor entered without knocking, finding a weary looking elf sitting on the edge of the bed.

Glorfindel actually looked a little surprised, and before he could stand, Erestor had dropped to his knees before him, seeking out the lips of the other with his own. His hands found Glorfindel’s thighs, fingers gripping them tightly as he pulled back. “Glorfindel, there are some things I must tell you.”

“Erestor, I understand if you-“

Erestor placed his hand over Glorfindel’s lips to silence him. “Let me speak. I need to say these things, even that which you know. I want you to know everything. I do not want questions or doubts between us.

“I told you long ago that I was once romantically involved with an elleth in Valinor. Obviously, nothing came from it. I am not bitter, I still care deeply for her as you know, but I do not hold her decision against her. However, I did not wish to give my heart to another so freely again unless I was certain I had finally found the other half of my soul.” Erestor paused and lifted a hand to Glorfindel’s cheek. “I think I knew for a long while, but my fear and uncertainty stopped me.”

“I am a proud elf, Glorfindel, that isn’t something I have ever hidden. What I need is for someone to love me, not take care of me. I am quite capable of that on my own.” Stopping when he realized how harsh his words sounded, he added, “That does not mean… that I don’t want you to take care of me from time to time… just that… I don’t need you to.”

Waiting to see if Erestor was going to continue, Glorfindel then spoke. “Dear Erestor, I’ve taken care of you for some years now. I do not wish you to recall the times I have put myself before you in danger, because you would not know them.”

“What are you saying?” questioned Erestor.

Glorfindel placed his own hands on either side of Erestor’s face and bent down to kiss him. “Sweet Erestor, I have been taking care of you since we met in Gondolin. I watched you when I could, and did my best to keep you safe when I could not. Do you recall, when you came into the city, how you could not ride a horse or even sit upon the back of one without falling from the saddle?”

“I fell because the horse moved,” Erestor replied dryly, recalling the lessons Glorfindel and Ecthelion had given him in riding. “I do remember the instruction. I am glad for it, as I was able to offer my service to Lord Elrond as horse master of his stables when Imladris was being built. My intent when I came here was to convince him he needed me as his librarian, alas, without a library, that made the task difficult.” He looked away, deep in thought. “I owe you much for that.”

“You owe me nothing, dear Erestor,” said Glorfindel. “I had motives of my own.” Bowing his head, he admitted softly, “I wanted you to learn to ride, aye, but I was, in my mind… courting you…”

“What?” laughed Erestor, and he stretched up to kiss Glorfindel. “Fin, you weren’t much more than a child.”

“That’s what Ecthelion kept telling me.”

Erestor’s jaw dropped. “Thel knew?”

Swallowing hard, Glorfindel continued, “When he finally convinced me you had no interest whatsoever, I vowed to myself that if I could not have you, at the least, I would not lose you.”

“That is why you wanted me to learn to fight. You were quite adamant about it with me, and yet, there were so many other scholars who knew what a sword was only from sketches they had seen in books.”

Blushing, Glorfindel nodded and said, “You must remember the day you were asked to be the warden of the fifth gate.”

“Asked?” laughed Erestor. “King Turgon proclaimed it, I did not have much of a choice,” replied Erestor. Upon completion of the seventh gate of Gondolin, Ecthelion had moved to the place of honor as the guardian of the outermost gate, while Glorfindel then became the lord of the sixth gate. This left the fifth gate without a guard, except that Turgon had in his service a scribe whose talents for sword fighting and horse riding were not being used in his posting to the libraries. And so for a short time, Erestor was Lord Guardian Erestor of the Silver Stars, Warden of the Fifth Gate of Gondolin. He may have complained at first, but he loved his duties and had fond memories, until the time that the city fell.

“Well… actually… “ Glorfindel slid down off the bed to sit on the floor with Erestor. “King Turgon wanted to make you head of the sixth gate. I told him I was insulted, that I should rightfully serve as the warden of that gate. It was a good act, but I was terribly frightened he would find out my true motive. The punishment for my thoughts all those years would have been severe, and I feared what he might do to you, but I had to take the chance. I didn’t really care at all what I was doing, I was so grateful to have the recognition I did have in Gondolin. What mattered to me was keeping you safe, and I couldn’t do that if you were guarding the sixth gate. As far as I know, he either believed my story, or he didn’t have the heart to act on his assumptions, if he had any.”

The room was silent as Erestor absorbed this new information and the pair gently touched one another, exploring somewhat innocently, until Glorfindel had managed to prop himself against the foot of the bed. His knees he bent as he parted his legs and beckoned Erestor to sit closer. The dark Noldo situated himself with his back comfortably against one of Glorfindel’s legs, drawing his own up so that his chin rested on his knees. “I hate to ask-“

“The balrog?” Glorfindel nodded. “It came after you as we fled, and I wasn’t about to fail after all those years. I don’t know what I would have done if another had happened in its path. When I saw it had cornered you, there was no question in my mind as to what I had to do. I have loved you for a long time, Erestor, and I haven’t stopped.”

“Yet, I know you have spent intimate time with others,” said Erestor.

“I will not deny it,” admitted Glorfindel. “Although I never fully gave my body to another, nor have I ever taken another’s body, many nights was my lust sated in the company of another. I regret those nights were not spent with you.”

Erestor nodded and let his hand slide up and down Glorfindel’s leg, smiling at how natural it felt. “We have time to change that now.”

“We have all the time in the world,” agreed Glorfindel. “I told you, I really do love you, and I will wait as long as-” Erestor’s hand gently silenced him again.

“I want to be loved.”

“I truly do love you, Erestor,” Glorfindel assured him.

Erestor shook his head, realizing Glorfindel had not understood his words. “I need to be loved,” he begged.

“You deserve to be worshipped,” answered the blonde, leaning forward to nip the inviting ear before him.

“Glorfindel,” moaned Erestor, “I want you to love me… love me now… love me tonight…”

“Not just tonight, dear Erestor, every night…” he purred, but stopped abruptly, truly knowing now what Erestor meant. “Now?” he squeaked, and Erestor thought it one of the most endearing sounds he had heard.

“Yes.” Erestor closed his eyes and shuddered. “I want you to love me.”

Glorfindel’s eyes grew huge as he sat back. “You’re sure about this?”

Taking hold of one of Glorfindel’s hands, he moved it to the front of his pants, stretched with the strain of his erection. “I may be proud, Fin,” he gasped as Glorfindel dragged his fingers along the bulge, “but I am not above begging right now.”

When Glorfindel looked up, Erestor saw that tears were in the eyes of his soul mate. Leaning forward, he kissed Glorfindel’s eyes as they fluttered shut, keeping the tears from spilling over. Glorfindel took a deep breath and said, “You ask only for love, but let me complete you, Erestor. Be with me now and forever,” he pleaded.

“I ask for you,” corrected Erestor.

“You have me, Erestor. Always, you have had me.”

Yet they remained on the floor, for neither wanted to assert dominance over the other, but hands continued to roam as they pleased, and eyes watched with interest. Ears listened to the open-mouthed gasps and shameless pants until Erestor mewled with frustration. “Do you not have a more suitable surface for such activities?” he scolded playfully when he had had enough of the wooden floor covered with barely more than deerskin.

“I did not wish to assume we were to complete such activities here,” grinned Glorfindel, managing with some difficulty to stand after Erestor had. Walking to the side of the bed that Erestor stood at, he looked to his empty fireplace, knowing Erestor did not tend to sleep without a fire burning, but not in the mood to tend to one now. “I have no fire burning in the hearth,” he apologized.

“Then you shall have to do your best to keep me warm without one,” said Erestor. His eyes were not on the empty darkness at the wall, but on the deep green and burgundy that covered the large bed before him.

Stepping behind the Noldo, Glorfindel brought his fingers to the thin robe, unsure if Erestor had realized how seductive his outfit was. Gently sliding it off his companion’s arms and down his back, Glorfindel licked his ear and whispered, “Go ahead, then, or would you like for me to throw you down on the mattress and ravish you?”

Erestor leaned back against his lover, sighing at the feel of him. In a flash, he pulled away from Glorfindel and pushed him down onto the bed. With a smirk, Erestor knelt down next to the bedside; putting his folded arms atop it and resting his head in them, watching Glorfindel throw back his head and laugh for a moment. Erestor grinned as Glorfindel shook his head and repositioned himself on his stomach across the mattress so that he was face to face with Erestor.

“I am apprehensive,” said Erestor, swallowing hard as Glorfindel’s hand reached out to caress his arms.

“Mmmhmm,” nodded Glorfindel, drawing a single finger down Erestor’s nose before letting it fall from his face to the blanket. “So am I.” Erestor snorted at this, but Glorfindel did not smile, nor did he take offense. “I may be slightly less of a virgin than you, my dear, but a virgin I am nonetheless.”

Zoning in on the look of disbelief that Erestor was giving him, Glorfindel brushed back strands of silky black hair behind perfectly pointed ears and whispered, as if he only now made the discovery, “You will be my first. My one and only.”

“You’ve been with others,” said Erestor.

Xanthous and utterly relaxed, Glorfindel looked irresistible, and though he knew this and knew he could easily have shrugged it off or changed the topic, he was not about to skirt the issue. Truthfully, he answered, “I have been with none other in spirit, nor have I any true practice in the art of lovemaking.”

“Would you truly have me believe you’ve taken none to your bed?” Erestor picked at a loose thread on the covers with his fingernail. “I can not believe that, for I saw you in the arms of another numerous times in days of old when we were a realm and not an empty house. Yet, you would have me believe you are untouched, when we both know you have had lovers in the past.”

Vigorously nodding, Glorfindel answered, “I had only ever done that which you have experienced tonight, and nothing more. I am about to do something I have never done with anyone else, ever, and will never do with anyone else but you, forever. I couldn’t be more afraid if you told me there was a balrog roaming the halls this very instant.”

Upon hearing these words, a great relief flowed over Erestor, and he crawled upon the bed, stripping off his sleeping pants as he did so. Glorfindel sat up and did the same, so that when they looked upon one another next, their bodies were bared to each other in the flickering candlelight.

There was one particular spot that Erestor could not keep his eyes from, and Glorfindel chuckled, reaching his hands forward, pulling Erestor’s face to his and kissing his mouth many times before looking into the big brown eyes. “If nothing else,” he jested, “we are saving two poor elleths from very uncomfortable wedding nights.”

Snaking his hands around Glorfindel’s waist and allowing them to drift up along his sides and back, Erestor’s smirk was offset by a cry as Glorfindel brought his head down and took Erestor into his mouth for the second time that night. He was gentler than the first time, drawing out his manipulations. Soon, Erestor’s hands had ceased to move, and Glorfindel stopped only long enough to kiss him as he gently coaxed him to lie down on the bed.

Resuming his position, Glorfindel was able to better relax now, and took the entire erection into his mouth and throat. Erestor whimpered and dug his hands into the pillows behind his head. Letting the length slip from his lips, Glorfindel massaged Erestor’s thighs as he placed soothing kisses anyplace he could reach, until Erestor had calmed. “A moment,” he said, kissing last along the hardened arousal, “something slipped my mind, and I fear you will be overly sore come morning without it.”

Quickly, Glorfindel slid off the bed and disappeared behind a curtain off to the side of the room, reemerging moments later with a bottle of clear liquid. “Now…” he purred as he tossed it on the mattress and leaned over Erestor, kissing his full, swollen lips, “…where were we?” Glorfindel crawled back into place before reaching for the bottle and uncorking it, tossing the stopper onto the table nearby. It made it to its destination, but rolled off onto the floor, unnoticed by Glorfindel as he bowed his head. Erestor answered with a long drawn groan.

Pouring the contents of bottle at the base of Erestor’s erection, Glorfindel took the head into his mouth as the fluid ran down, and he placed his other hand so that the liquid that did not cling to Erestor’s body would coat his fingers before pooling and soaking into the bedcover.

Only then did Erestor register entirely what was about to happen, and a hand grabbed hold of Glorfindel’s shoulder. “Gently,” he whimpered, too embarrassed to open his eyes to look at his lover after making his plea. Instead of feeling an intrusion as Erestor had expected, he felt fingers slide over his skin, covering not only his genitals, but also his inner thighs, pelvic area, and as much of his posterior as Glorfindel could reach without turning him over.

Now, as he relaxed and breathed easy, one hand lightly stroking him, he felt the first breach as a single digit rubbed against his entrance. He braced himself for the invasion, but the hands left him, and he felt Glorfindel shift. Opening his eyes, he saw Glorfindel was retrieving one of the pillows that Erestor was not currently using. Smiling when he saw Erestor’s beautiful deep brown eyes watching him, he tossed the pillow aside and descended upon him, covering the panting mouth with his own. “Relax, sweet one,” he whispered, kissing Erestor once more on the lips before taking hold of the pillow and bringing it with him back to the bottom part of the bed.

Moving Erestor’s legs gently further apart, Glorfindel slipped a hand under his rear, grasping each side in turn as he slid the pillow beneath his lover’s lower back. “This will help,” he murmured, urging Erestor to bend his knees, which he shakily did. “Just beautiful… magnificent…” Words of endearment and encouragement flowed from Glorfindel’s mouth, and at most other times, Erestor would have discouraged the silly fragments, but he moaned now as he heard them, and never did he hear enough of Glorfindel’s golden voice.

Letting the remaining drops of liquid drip from the bottle onto his fingers, Glorfindel tossed it carelessly aside and sunk down next to Erestor on the bed. His oiled fingers were roaming the body before him as he propped his head up with his other hand. Blowing a fine stream of air across Erestor’s face, Glorfindel smiled shyly as lashes fluttered and eyes opened, labored breathing accompanying the heaving chest that moved up and down at a furious pace, reminding him of another rhythm he wished to set. “So beautiful… my Erestor…” Glorfindel sealed his mouth over Erestor’s, capturing whatever sound Erestor may have made as what he had awaited finally happened. Glorfindel released Erestor’s lips and a wisp of the keening noise he would have heard followed. “Is it…” Erestor’s voice was small and strained, and he swallowed. “Is it… are you in me?”

“Kiss me,” answered Glorfindel, and Erestor complied. As he did so, Glorfindel slowly wriggled the rest of his finger into the passage, for he had barely half his index finger within at his first try. “That’s just my finger.” He curled the digit ever so slightly to demonstrate to Erestor, who gave out a panicked yelp. “Do you want me to take it out?”

“Just… well, yes, and then no,” panted Erestor. He blinked his eyes, loosing a few tears. Glorfindel kissed these away as Erestor willed himself to relax again. “Don’t stop, Fin, just… go slow…”

“I will do whatever you wish,” he promised, kissing Erestor’s nose. “Say the word and I will stop.” Erestor closed his eyes and shook his head, and slowly, Glorfindel pulled his finger from the passage, only to reenter. He removed it once more as Erestor cried out in discomfort and frowned. Moving so that he was back where he could see exactly what he was doing, Glorfindel curled one hand around Erestor’s length, which he was relieved to see was still very hard. When the moaning and panting returned, Glorfindel tried again.

His second attempt at preparing Erestor was more successful, for not only did he continue to hear pleasurable sounds coming from his lover, Glorfindel was surprised and pleased when the pants were interrupted by raw and ragged commands of “deeper” and “faster”. Glorfindel complied, and soon he had added a second digit, and now a third. Knowing it was a poor substitution for what was to come, he was keen to withdraw when Erestor called out his name and demanded he be taken. Now.

Glorfindel positioned himself above Erestor, fumbling for a moment with where the councilor’s long legs were to go. He luckily recalled one of the more graphic novellas he had within his possession, and lifted one leg over his shoulder. Erestor began to prop himself up by his elbows to demand to know what was happening, but Glorfindel leaned forward as well and let the leg drop back down to the bed, and any discussion was lost as they kissed each other fervently.

“Fin!” gasped Erestor, suddenly unable to pull back, unable to move. His eyes were deep brown, nearly black with passion, and fear. He fought to find any other words, but sound even escaped him. Glorfindel claimed Erestor’s lips, and thrust further inside of him, claiming his body. His hands were at Erestor’s waist, Erestor’s nails dug into Glorfindel’s shoulders. As they broke for air, Erestor gasped again as he felt his body tighten and adjust, his own member weeping, and this Glorfindel took in hand.

“Erestor…” Glorfindel nipped and sucked Erestor’s bottom lip as he drew his thumb in circles around the head of his companion’s erection. His other hand moved from waist to chest, easing Erestor back onto the bed. Glorfindel never imagined, never dreamed it would feel so good, and he thought sadly to himself that their first experience together was not going to take very long.

Dragging his fingers down Erestor’s length, Glorfindel began to set a steady rhythm. He was trying to be slow and gentle, as had been Erestor’s want, but now the dark elf encouraged him, trying in desperation to move his body closer any time Glorfindel pulled away.

“Careful, you’ll be sore in the morning as it is,” warned Glorfindel softly, but his eyes were closed and he broke his pace, beginning to furiously make love to Erestor. There was no direct answer, only cries of passion punctuated by Fin’s name.

Before he could stop himself, Glorfindel let out a low growl and plunged deep within, and gripped Erestor harder. Resigning himself to the fact he no longer had to please himself, Glorfindel concentrated his efforts on Erestor’s behalf. He continued to move only his hand at first, but Erestor took hold of Glorfindel’s hips, his body lifting slightly as the carnal movement resumed.

“Aiya! Fin! Oh!” Erestor’s eyes opened wide, his head back, mouth open, and he let out a long hitched breath after his release, and another sigh as he felt the flesh slip from his body, and though he knew he would be sore come daybreak, for the moment there was a smile on his face.

“Don’t tell me you enjoyed that,” joked Glorfindel, flopping down on the bed next to him. He was pulled into a kiss a moment later and was wearing a silly smile of his own. Willing himself not to fall immediately asleep, Glorfindel headed behind the curtain to the washroom, returning to tidy things up. Erestor seemed content enough to simply watch and wait, and when Glorfindel shyly offered to share the bed with him for the remainder of the night, he was not hesitant in his answer as he slid between green and burgundy sheets.

“Fin?”

“Yes, my love?”

Erestor bowed his head and smiled at the simple term of endearment. “You don’t have anything up here to eat, do you?”

“Hungry?”

“Famished.”

Glorfindel grinned. “I’ll bring you something from the kitchen if you do me a favor.”

Erestor furrowed his brow, but slowly nodded as Glorfindel disappeared into the other rooms. Glorfindel returned with the journal, as well as a quill and a bottle of silvery grey ink. “I record a lot of daily notes, as you know, and sometimes I write fictional stories to pass the time. I would love for you to… document our encounter for… historical purposes,” he told Erestor carefully before peppering his cheeks with kisses and then leaving the room.

Placing the book in his lap, Erestor carefully opened it, and turned to the first blank page, then set the ink and quill so that they would not cause a mess. Thinking for a moment as to how he would begin, Glorfindel popped back into the room.

“Something the matter?” asked Erestor.

Glorfindel shook his head and smiled, approaching the bed. “I just wanted to make sure you were still really here and that I didn’t just have a dream.” He kissed Erestor on the top of the head. “I love you, dear Erestor,” he said as he left the room once more.

Lips curling into a smile as he watched his lover leave the room, Erestor dipped the quill into the ink and began to write.