Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
Every night was practically the same for Erestor once he returned to his rooms. He would lock the door, undress, bathe quickly, and turndown the bed while his hair dried. His bedtime attire was always the same as well: a night robe, some dark color, buttoned up to his chin, and a cap on his head to keep him from catching cold. Not that elves could catch cold in that manner while sleeping even if sleeping in a bed of snow, but Erestor had long ago decided one could never be too careful.

Tonight, as he settled into bed and began to drift to sleep, he had an unexpected visitor. A knock on his door disturbed his routine, and a second, more urgent knock brought him grumbling from his bed.

Erestor padded across the room to the door and unlocked it. He yanked it open, hoping whomever was on the other side would understand from the abrupt motion that one did not just go knocking on doors, and that there had best be a very good reason for it. Before he had a chance for his eyes to adjust to the light of the hallway or who was standing before him, someone reached out. One hand grabbed his shoulder forcefully and another roughly snagged into the hair that escaped as his cap was pushed off onto the floor. Another moment, and he was lunged at and kissed fiercely, in a passionate and overly familiar way. It might have continued, had he not bit the tongue that pushed between his lips.

“Is that how it is going to be? Goooood.”

Erestor drew back his hand and slapped the smirking face in front of him. The smirk was replaced by a red mark and a look of surprise.

“You are not Elrond.”

“Most certainly not,” replied Erestor. “Just what business do you have, coming in here, awakening me, and scandalizing me as such?!”

Glorfindel rubbed his cheek and mused to himself, “I was wondering what was up. Elrond never wears a nightcap, and most definitely nothing so unflattering...”

“Answer me, Lord Glorfindel, what are you doing here!” Erestor was prepared to slap the ellon again, but Glorfindel perhaps sensing this stepped back into the hallway. Erestor pursued him, sticking his finger firmly against Glorfindel’s chest. “Just what were you thinking?”

“I am sorry, Lord Erestor, I thought these were the rooms of the Lord and Lady,” explained Glorfindel apologetically.

“They are obviously not.” Erestor sighed. As much as he would have liked to continue to scold the other elf, he said, “When the boys were born, they needed more space. They moved to a suite with more rooms on the first floor. It is three doors north of Lord Elrond’s office.”

“Thank you. And again, I am sorry. I bid you goodnight.” Glorfindel paused. “Unless…”

Erestor narrowed his eyes.

Glorfindel shrugged. “You cannot blame me for trying.” He winked at Erestor and gave a little bow before he turned to walk to the stairs. He smirked to himself, wiped it away, and turned again as he knew he was still being watched. “Of course, if you find you cannot sleep, you could always stop down in the third room north of Lord Elrond’s office—“

Erestor glared and slammed his door shut.

Glorfindel chuckled as he walked. He had been warned of what to expect when the advisor moved into the Last Homely House, but he thought Elrond and Celebrian were far exaggerating their claims. Until now, he had cared very little. Everyone had their quirks and their ways. Glorfindel admittedly had his; there was no reason why there should not be someone on the other end of the spectrum. However, his curiosity was piqued.

He stopped now and knocked on the correct door. When it was opened, he gave the occupant the same greeting he had given Erestor. This time, the kiss was hungrily returned. Glorfindel pulled Celebrian even closer, savoring the moment, before he smiled and said, “That is more like it.”

“Hmm?” Celebrian nuzzled her cheek to his chest, one hand untying the strings in order to pull it down further.

“Tell you later. Where is our dear Lord Elrond hiding?”

Celebrian giggled and whispered something as she kissed the flesh she had exposed.

“What?”

“I tied him to the bed for you.” She snickered as a chuckle rumbled in Glorfindel’s chest. “Shall we go to him?”

“No… he can hear us?” asked Glorfindel. Celebrian grinned and nodded. “Then let him wait a bit longer...”