Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
Glorfindel’s initial reaction of keeping far from the celebration was overridden by the fact that there were bound to be single ladies at the party. More than one would likely have a little too much wine. With odds seemingly in his favor for a night of good old ‘companionship’, Glorfindel strolled out into the midst of the crowd, mingling and chatting and honestly having a good time.

As he wished one departing couple a good evening, he turned to find himself faced with Celebrian. Immediately he begged pardon and stepped away, but the Lady implored him to stay. “Lord Glorfindel, I have been looking for you! There is someone I wished to introduce you to.”

Vaguely, Glorfindel heard something about ‘lady in waiting’ and a name and some references, but he was enthralled by the maiden standing beside Celebrian. Delicate feet, ample curves, a bosom that might have been a little rounder, but then beggars cannot be choosers he reasoned. When his gaze reached the lady’s face, he blinked quizzically, and glanced quickly to Celebrian for an answer.

The lady giggled softly. “I am sure Lady Eresien would love to answer your questions.” And Celebrian slipped away, Glorfindel too shocked to follow, and the lady standing before him too embarrassed to do much besides blush and stare at the ground.

“Uhm... before I jump to conclusions, perhaps you could explain this to me.” Glorfindel nodded when the lady motioned for them to move away from the crowd They took a path that led into a garden with gazebos and benches. An empty one was procured and Glorfindel waited patiently for the lady to collect herself.

“Years ago when Lord Elrond was searching for the wisest people for his counsel, I went to Imladris in hopes of becoming an advisor,” explained Eresien. “The interview went quite well, and he praised my intelligence, but at the end told me that he had no intention of having any ladies on his counsel, for we are all ‘overly emotional’. On my way back to Lothlorien, I had the strangest idea. I returned, having borrowed the clothing of one of the ellon traveling with us. I was hired almost immediately, and Lord Elrond still has not learned of this deception.”

“Interesting. Does everyone in Lothlorien know?” asked Glorfindel.

“I grew up here. It would be difficult to hide my true identity.”

Glorfindel nodded. “Why tell me?”

“I just felt I could tell you.” Eresien bit her lip and added, “You wanted to know why I was following you earlier today? Well, I guess... I think I might be falling for you.”

“Really?” Glorfindel put his arm around the lady and leaned a little closer, more than ready to lay on the charm. “I will admit, I am deeply in need of... companionship...”

“Oh.” Eresien frowned. “Just... companionship? I was really hoping for a little more than that.”

“Such as...?”

“Must I say it?” And Eresien closed her eyes and hungrily pressed her lips against his.