Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This happens right after PPB 38, but right before House of the Silver Stars and Golden Flowers. -Zhie
Erestor looked up lazily from the book he was reading when he heard the door open. “Fin!” he hissed, “What are you doing in here?”

Glorfindel placed a finger to his lips. “I came to see how my husband was doing,” he answered.

“Shhh!” Erestor hushed him, shaking his head in a manner one would use to scold a child. “I’m fine. I can’t sleep, but I’m fine. Go back to your room, it will be dawn soon, and we will be able to leave.”

“Did you know we’ve not spent a single night apart since the night you let me kiss you?”

Grinning slyly, Erestor said, “I remember more than kissing that night.”

“Oh, you’re right. There was a bit more than kissing going on,” agreed Glorfindel as he approached the bed. “You had better help refresh my memory,” he suggested.

“No!” Erestor closed his book and waved it at Glorfindel’s nose. “There are elflings sleeping in this house!”

“How do you think those elflings got here?” winked Glorfindel.

“Not by any method you’re suggesting!” Erestor had continued to wave the book until Glorfindel grabbed it away and tossed it onto the bed. “Glorfindel, she’s in the house, and-“

“If I had my way,” growled Glorfindel as he lowered himself onto the bed and began to crawl to his lover on all fours, “I’d carry you down there right at this moment and lay you out on the floor before the fire, right in front of her in the parlor, and in front of Elrond, and anyone else who was staring tonight and give them something to really stare about.”

“Mmm… you have such a poetic way of expressing yourself, love.”

“Would you prefer me to tell you I’d fuck you so hard and so well your entire body would tremble every time I thrust into you, and every time I did, you’d scream my name until you came?”

His breathing fast becoming labored, Erestor panted and trembled, fighting himself over his answer as Glorfindel hovered over him. “I’d let you, but you know I really would scream.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of keeping you quiet.”

Erestor’s gaze traveled down Glorfindel’s lean body and the blonde chuckled. “Now, that’s an idea – but not what I had in mind.” From his waist he untied the dark red sash he often wore and folded it twice. “Open that beautiful mouth of yours,” commanded Glorfindel.

Slowly, Erestor leaned forward, complying as his lips pressed against those of his lover and their tongues collided, brushing against each other until they had need to breathe. “Again,” whispered Glorfindel, tucking stray hairs behind Erestor’s ears. This time, he raised the sash hesitantly toward Erestor’s mouth. “I wish I didn’t have to do this,” he murmured, kissing down the column of Erestor’s neck.

“I don’t want Elrond knocking on the door to find out why it sounds like I’m being attacked by some large beast,” answered Erestor as his eyelids drooped.

“Neither do I,” apologized Glorfindel, gently drawing the fabric between Erestor’s parted lips. It was tied loosely behind his head, but Erestor reached back and pulled the cloth tighter. “Don’t hurt yourself,” said Glorfindel, but Erestor shook his head as he leaned back against the pillows. The dark elf crooked a finger at Glorfindel, who eagerly descended upon him.


- - -

Erestor awoke late in the morning, wrapped in Glorfindel’s arms. The sash was nowhere to be found, but Erestor wasn’t concerned about it at the moment. What did concern him was the pounding in his head.

“Erestor?”

And the eerily familiar voice in his head.

“Erestor?”

Perhaps the voice wasn’t in his head.

At least the pounding had stopped.

The voice was gone, too.

Too late did Erestor realize where the pounding and the voice were coming from. Struggling to sit up in the bed despite the arms wrapped around him, he called out, “Just a-“ The door to the room opened. “-moment,” he finished, biting his lip after the last word.

Glorfindel rolled over and away from Erestor, who was looking up at the unexpected guest with his large brown eyes. When Glorfindel shifted again, still staring glassy-eyed at the ceiling, Erestor put a finger to his lips and crawled out of the bed, thankful that he was wearing a shirt long enough to keep anything that might have offended the elf standing in the doorway.

Making a shooing motion toward the door, Erestor managed to grab his pants from the floor as he made his way into the hall and shut the door. “Good morning,” he said sheepishly.

“Good afternoon,” he was answered. There was a long pause while Erestor pulled his pants on and tucked in his shirt. Choosing his response carefully, he began, “I can explain-“

Elrond held up a hand. “There is nothing to explain. I knew about his... preferences. I even helped to introduce him to those who shared such interests. Had I known that both of you-“

Erestor cut Elrond off this time. “This is a very special case,” said Erestor. “It was an accident.”

Narrowing his eyes, Elrond asked, “He didn’t force you, did he?”

“No, no, nothing like that,” assured Erestor. “It’s just... he’s the only one. Anyone else I’ve ever considered was, well, a she and not a he.”

“Was it because you were left with only each other?” questioned Elrond, trying to make better sense of things.

“Well, it helped, in a way,” admitted Erestor. “I think. Then again... I don’t know. He and I have a connection, we’re meant to be together as silly as that sounds. If I had been left in Imladris with anyone else, nothing would have happened. For example, if it would have been you and I, there is no possible way anything would have happened. Despite the fact you’re already bonded... Glorfindel is... I suppose I’m attracted to him,” Erestor said, floundering for the words he wanted. “He’s a very attractive elf.” When Erestor looked up to see Elrond staring at him with a quirk of a smile, he added, “Not that you’re not attractive. In your own sort of way. Just, not to me. Ai, Elbereth, I can’t believe I’m having this conversation,” he burst out, putting his hand to his head.

“Come,” laughed Elrond, placing his arm around Erestor’s shoulder. “I expected to hear some interesting tales from you, but I think none will be as interesting as whatever tale of courtship you have to tell me. I actually regret having not been able to watch his attempts.”

“I’m not going into any great detail,” Erestor warned him as they headed in the direction of the kitchen.

“Thank the Valar for that,” teased Elrond.