Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
“I say we bring him home.” Tears ran down Nienna’s face, but no longer did she bother wiping them away. “He should grieve here, among his family. There is little left for him now.”

“I say we persuade him to travel to the East.” Namo surveyed the map that glimmered in the pool, compliments of Ulmo who was only partially exposed from the water, droplets still running off his shoulders and chest now and then. “His influence would bring about better order, and peace to the turmoil in those lands.”

“I say we find a way to send the rest of his soul back to him.” Ulmo idly ran his fingers through the water, causing ripples in the map, but Namo shook his head. “I thought by now he would be ready to return.”

“I say when they are ready to go back,” spoke Namo softly.

“I say,” growled a voice that had long stayed silent, “that you leave him alone!” Irmo glared at his siblings, then at Ulmo. “Enough distress and conflict have you made him endure – let him choose his own path! None of you have any right to meddle with his affairs. He is Orome’s son, and only he and perhaps Nessa have any say in his future. Besides, he is one of us – do you not recall how upset we became when Melkor tried to twist and bend us as he willed? Leave Ress be; it is what Father would want.”

I say to you, listen to the story now, in Erestor’s own words.