Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
It was Glorfindel who, with a smirk, drew back. “He’s right in the other room, speaking with Melpomaen. These walls, my love, are not thick enough to muffle even my cries, let alone your passionate reactions.” As he spoke, he followed Erestor’s movements. As Glorfindel made his case as to why the indoor council chambers that adjoined Elrond’s old office, the office that Saelbeth would now take as his own, was not the best place for such intimate activities, Erestor was unbuttoning Glorfindel’s shirt and loosening the blond’s belt.

“Shut up and kiss me, Fin,” came the low, growled reply. Doing so, Glorfindel tried not to chuckle as Erestor ran his hands up the bared flesh of Glorfindel’s chest, moaning as if he were the one being touched by such warm, nimble fingers. Whimpering for more, Erestor grasped the open fabric and pulled Glorfindel closer.

“Counselor, you undo me,” panted Glorfindel as they gasped for air. In the next room, all talk between the new lord of Imladris and his chief advisor ceased.

“As it should be, seneschal.” Erestor moved again to free Glorfindel from his clothing, twice slapping away Glorfindel’s helpful hands. The third time, he held Glorfindel’s wrists with one hand against the wall over their heads as he finished his work. “Bad puppy,” he teased, fumbling now to reach Glorfindel’s pants with one hand while the other stretched and strained to keep Glorfindel captive.

“Woof.” Glorfindel managed to flick out his tongue and lick Erestor’s ear as he bent his head down. “Not my fault you were undressed when I got here.”

“Yes it is,” argued Erestor as he knelt down and tugged at the lacing, having let go of Glorfindel’s hands.

“No, it’s- oh, oh yes... yes...”

Erestor took away his mouth for just a moment. “Yes, what?”

Growling and hastily shoving his golden locks over his shoulder, Glorfindel shook his head and tilted up Erestor’s chin with his fingers. “You wicked thing, whatever did Saelbeth do to you to make you want to scandalize him in such a way?” The voices on the other side of the wall had stopped, no doubt, on account of them.

Staring up into blue-green eyes, Erestor said innocently, “He didn’t do anything to me.”

“What did he say, then?”

Erestor tilted his head one way, and then the other, slowly, so that Glorfindel did not realize he had left his grasp until Erestor started to kiss his way up Glorfindel’s arm. “He... called me... a mouse...” explained Erestor between kisses.

“Ah,” responded Glorfindel, before Erestor had quite finished. “What sort of mouse? A little mouse, a quiet mouse?”

“A shy, timid, frightened mouse.” Erestor danced his fingers up Glorfindel’s thighs. “But... I’m not shy,” Erestor whispered, and smiled, as if telling his best friend some unknown secret.

“Absolutely not,” agreed Glorfindel, bracing his palms against the wall.

“And, I’m not... timid,” Erestor added, his hands seeking out the taught flesh between Glorfindel’s legs.

“Hardly,” squeaked the warrior, his body tensing as he felt his lover’s warm breath tease him.

Taunting Glorfindel with the tip of his tongue, Erestor’s hand closed around the base of Glorfindel’s arousal. “And nothing... nothing, frightens me,” he said.

“Lies, all li-ai! Oh!” Glorfindel’s knees shook, legs trembling as Erestor boldly sucked and licked, and every now and then looked up at him through long, dark lashes.

- - -

Melpomaen wrung his hands as Saelbeth glared at the door that adjoined the room he and his advisor were in. His arms had been crossed over his chest for some time now, and his eyes narrowed as Glorfindel’s sharp, wanton cries of passion drifted over the transom. “I want this place stripped, top to bottom. Ceiling to floor. Scrub everything,” demanded Saelbeth, Melpomaen nodding at every word. “Twice,” added the new Lord of Imladris, reaching for the handle of the door that led to the hallway. He shuddered at whatever sudden thought he had had, and kicked the door open with his foot before he swept out of the room.

Erestor and Glorfindel, neither of whom would assume the title of Lord after Elladan and Elrohir had sailed West, were leaving. Not for Valinor, not yet. There were still things unattended which they desired to do, things that needed to be done, and there was Arwen. They had made the promise to see her to her end, whatever that end may be, and only then to come to the Undying Lands.

For years now, they had spent their time in the confines of the Homely House; in some ways, they were content, but they were also anxious to travel. Though they had time before the gulls would call them home, that time was short. For Glorfindel, it was simply a need to explore that which he had yet not; for Erestor, there was a more symbolic meaning. If legends and lore were truth, the place of his birth, the river Cuivienen, lie in the East. He had long expressed his interest in wading in the waters one last time before departing, and Glorfindel found long ago that he could never deny any request his lover made.

They would go to Gondor on their own, and there would meet with a guide. Elodien, youngest daughter of Elessar and Arwen, had many times been into the East. Her life as a ranger took her to the furthest reaches of Middle-earth and back again. Harad was actually her specialty, for her knowledge of their customs and lands rivaled that of any book on the topic.

As Glorfindel and Erestor set off the next day, they bid a fond farewell to the home they had known for so long. The keys were entrusted to Saelbeth, elf of Mirkwood. With him, he had brought many of the elves formerly of the realm within the caves, and some of East Lorien as well. Once again, the house was bustling with life, and it was only with a slight sadness that the pair left without attracting the notice of anyone but the horses.