Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
She had that dream again. She still hasn’t made it to the end, but she was naked, felt the touch on her skin. She woke to find her nipples hard and she felt moist. The dream was divine, causing her to awake breathless, but she knew there was more. More of the dream she never seemed to reach the end of.

All her life, her dreams were what fortold her fate. The kin of Finwe were all great in their own right; her skills had been in the dream world. Irmo had blessed her with this great gift. Though all of her dream visions had previously dealt with her people, her latest one regarded her, and her alone.

She hadn’t seen his face, but she suddenly had a fleeting memory of her dream lover’s voice. She lay still in her bed, relaxing her mind and body to make reclaiming slumber easier. She distinctly heard, “Saes,” in a strong, pleasing voice. Something about a bird, about a tree. And a moan. Oh, what a voice – and what a delicious moan. As she did often now, when she woke, she reached down beneath the sheets. Now came a blissful sigh upon her lips, but all that came to mind was her unknown lover, and relief would not come.

‘Oh, what’s the use!’ she thought with anger and rose to start her day. She was careful to remove all traces of the dream during her morning toilet before dressing in a flowing blue satin gown.

She walked out to her kin’s encampment, where they had sheltered on their way to the Grey Havens, and then on to Valinor. There had been some grumbling that the Lady of Lorien had put them in an out of the way spot, but this had been explained by saying it was the safest in Lorien, so that the travelers were well protected.

Again, as she passed a group of local elves, she was struck by all of the blond heads! She and her clan were Noldorin, with black hair and a dark but beautiful appearance. Here the Noldor were fairer, and she was as likely to fall in love with the back of a head of long yellow tresses as she was to breath, from what her dreams had been telling her.

More than once since her arrival, she had been frozen in her place by the sight of numerous beautiful ellyn, but had yet to touch any of them. That was the key – her dreams were confirmed by a touch, and by matching the clues in her dreams. The dream came to her mind again, and with it the memory of that long, soulful moan. It flowed like warm honey through her being, leaving her limp and yet again moist.

She felt her knees weaken and gasped at the feeling. One of the blond heads turned to look at her. “Are you alright, M’lady?” he inquired.

She fluttered and said softly, “The journey wearies me more than I realized.”

He bowed and held out a strong hand. She laid hers in his and he led her to a bench, vowing to return with refreshment.

She again tried to recall the tells: The bird, the tree, and the other? What other? He would speak them, and she would know to touch. She would know his touch. She would have to begin touching them to know.

And thus, it was in this state of thrill and confusion that Orophin found her once he returned with a cup of juice. As he handed it to her, Orophin could not help but notice the tremble in her slim hand, reminding him of a small, beautiful bird. She daintily sipped the beverage, stealing glances over the rim of the cup at her benefactor.

“It is lovely in these woods,” she remarked.

“These are the golden woods,” he said proudly, as if he had painted them himself. “Home of the Lord of Lorien and the Lady of Light.”

“Galadhriel,” she said. “We’re related, distantly. It is the reason why my party stopped here.”

The little light in his eyes became shrouded upon hearing of her relation to the Lady. Surely one such as he would be an unacceptable suitor for a lady of her stature. For a few minutes, he had had hope, for she enchanted him. Now that hope had diminished. He made small talk about her journey and the weather, and then withdrew.

She was a little perturbed at the abruptness of his leavetaking, but since she knew her mission, she finished her drink and set off to touch other ellyn. Her gloves were removed and placed in a pocked hidden at her side. Spying the ellyn that she had seen before her dream had caused her to swoon, she set off in that direction, determination fueling her to complete her task.

She walked among small groups of the blond warriors, offering her hand, touching a bare shoulder. Such familiarity left any number of smiling backward glances from the ellyn as she passed. Somehow she knew he was a soldier, and therefore did not avoid but did not seek out the traders, scribes, and others whom she passed.

She was undeterred, fully certain her true love lived in Lorien and she must make good use of her time. Her plan was to meet him, then marry him once he reached Valinor. Marrying a warrior here was too much of a risk – if he were killed in battle, surely she would fade. Staying here with him was no option, either – already she grew weary of this world, and had long heard the gulls’ call. A lady had to think of such things before marrying. Such was the import and gravity she gave to her dream, and dream lover.

She found herself.in a denser part of the wood, felt no fear, and moved like the rustle of a leaf through the trees. Even so, with her stealth, the warriors here were well-trained, and if one was near, he would hear and see her. She hoped that he would, at least.

“Who goes there?” a stern voice demanded.

She turned this and that way, then thought to look up. “Only I,” she answered, catching sight of a fine figure of a blond ellon moving among a towering mallorn.

He leapt from a branch for the ground, only his distraction in looking at her had caused his tunic to become caught on a branch. He cursed shortly, then apologized, his body sliding further from his tunic, exposing his beautifully toned abdomen and long, slim legs, which met at a bundle directly below his stomach.

She was mesmerized, not to mention intrigued over the fact that he appeared aroused so quickly. Was this her dream lover? He certainly could be! And he was in a tree... She walked up to where he hung, transfixed on the skin and reached up to touch him.

The ellon giggled – giggled! – then said sternly, “You mustn’t stand below me else I fall on you once free.”

Seeing he was right of course, she stood on a rock nearer to him, almost at eye level with his crotch. Wondering where to start first, both her hands began to lightly touch, then caress the smooth stomach, her fingers mapping the soft skin, trailing around, reaching and caressing the firm buttocks. He seemed nearly right... but not.

The bulge in his leggings grew. He was caught between trying to free himself from his situation and the confusion of what this bold lady was doing to him. He groaned as she slowed her hands, so gentle, so arousing.

She knew what she was doing to him, knew she had only to free the stiffening elf hood, but she wickedly delighted in the strain it made on the material of his leggings. There was a great deal of excitement, a lustful atmosphere that hung over them. Her fingers toyed with the waistband, teasing it but moving her hands up and down his thighs.

The ellon giggled as she tickled him again. And snorted. And begged for relief when her fingers changed course. He called on Eru, which she found to be quite inappropriate. But never did he moan.

“I’ll gladly give you what you seem intent on taking,” the ellon rasped, struggling to free himself, yet careful not to kick the elleth who he was most desirous of knowing and taking. “Be fair!” he said sharply when she pinched his side.

“Aye, most fair,” she said, seeing his bulge had reached a critical mass, she yanked down his leggings, his penis fully engorged.

Her move had been the impetus that the ellon needed to free himself and he landed in a heap on the soft leaf covered ground. However, when he could look around, he saw only the fleeing figure of a black-haired elleth running through the trees. Since he was in no condition to give chase, he contented himself with a fantasy of the dark beauty at his staff, finishing himself off handily as he sat at the base of the tree.

As she scurried away, she missed minding her path. Without warning, she was blocked, and she tumbled to the ground with an elf who had been simply walking the forest and happened to cross her way.

“M’lady, are you hurt?” asked the ellon with great concern. They had landed so that she was beneath him, splayed on the ground.

She was breathless and panted from running. As she shook her head, her hands rested on his arms. The ellon gave her a look of surprise, but said and did nothing as she ran her hands slowly up his clothed arms to touch his cheek.

His breathing increased, and he kept himself steady, hoping she did not notice how her touch was affecting him. He breathed in sharply as her hand moved to his neck, then to his chest, for his shirt was untied and left open. The warmth of the day and the length of his exercise had caused a sheen of sweat to form upon his skin, and her hand slid upon the moisture.

For a moment, she wondered if this could be him- the lover in her dreams. He certainly seemed familiar, but she wondered if it was from her visions or from somewhere else. In any case, they needed to move before the ellon who had fallen from the tree came upon them. That was when she noticed it- this one was very similar to the other, so much so, they could be cousins, or even brothers.

Rumil could hold back no longer. Her touches had aroused him, but moreso than that, the excitement of it caused an itch in his nose. He managed to turn his head before it happened, but nonetheless, let out a loud sneeze that caused the elleth to withdraw her hand from his skin.

“I am fine, thank you, only a little squished,” she said, coming back to her senses. Instantly, the young warden was off of her, and helping her to stand.

“Do I know you?” he suddenly asked. “You’re not the lady from the dance last night, are you? Can’t recall her name... all these dark-haired Noldos look the same from a distance,” he said, mumbling this last line to himself.

“Ah... no, it must be someone else whom you are thinking of. Thank you kindly, though, for the helping hand,” she said with a curtsey, “and now, I must be on my way.”

The ellon bowed as the lady passed and continued along the path. Letting out a sigh, Rumil kicked a stone and rubbed his nose. He leaned against a tree, and lost himself in his thoughts of the encounter, so much so, that he missed Haldir marching past him in the direction of the elleth.

- - -

Running had made her damp, and she found a small pond to refresh herself. Cupping the water in her hands, she splashed it over her face and neck, delighting in the dribble that traveled down between her breasts. The water was warm and she slipped a foot from her slipped and slid it into the water. Her leg traveled further into the pool, exposing skin above her knee.

Haldir had followed at some distance, knowing the elleth had turned into the lane by the pond, giving this one ample time to disrobe. She hadn’t, though the warm water seemed to be enticing her into the stream, inch by inch. Removing his tunic, he tossed it aside, and growled his approval as he predatorily approached.

She heard the sound, knew it to be true, but a growl was not a moan. A growl signals the want of pleasure, while a moan says pleasure is being given. She dallied a moment longer, lifting her small, finely boned foot to admire it, then daintily replaced her stocking.

When she turned, she found the warrior from the tree, as she had expected to see him. He was standing on the bank, arms crossed and watching her with a feral smile. His expression did not daunt her. As she walked past the silver-haired march warden, she whispered, “Aren’t you cold like that?”

“If it worries you so, I’ll let you warm me up,” he answered in a sensual drawl.

She closed her eyes. His voice, indeed, was heavenly, but he was not the one she sought. He would be difficult to deter now, she knew, and she truly hated to have anyone disliking her. However, she could tell he was not one to take a simple no for an answer. With a sly smile on her face, she pivoted around and stepped back to where he was. “Nay, I am not worried over that, though, I do worry.”

“Then what does worry you?” he asked.

“That a warden so ticklish as yourself is on the borders,” she replied. “You are easily defeated once one knows your weakness.”

“Ticklish? Pah.” Haldir set his hands upon his hips. “Try now, that you don’t have me at a disadvantage.”

At first she was wary of getting so close, but she simply could not resist, especially when he asked for it. Her fingertips danced over his sides, across his stomach, but nothing happened. The ellon smiled wickedly, she narrowed her eyes at him, then grinned. Her hands snuck under his arms, finding the soft spot that he could not protect, and he stumbled to the ground.

“You cheated!” he shouted as the elleth made her escape once more, for Haldir had laughed as he stumbled to stand, and not been able to see his way, ending up in the pond.

With a cheeky grin and a wink, she continued to flee from him though she knew he would not quickly chase after her in the state he was in. For the second time that day, she did not pay attention and stumbled as she ran into another elf. This time, the ellon whom she crashed into stood his ground, and easily held onto her so that she did not fall. “M’lady, from what do you run?”

“Oh!” She giggled and turned in his arms, arms that still encircled her. There was worry on the face of her impromptu hero, and she recognized him from earlier in the day. “Your pardon,” she began, her hands absently taking hold of his lower arms to keep herself steady. “I-“ Blinking in surprise, she took a half-step back. “You. It’s you.”

“Excuse me?” Orophin tilted his head to the side. “Have I done something to offend? If so, my sincerest apologies.”

“Oh, no! No, no,” she said, and reached up to touch his cheek with her dainty hand. “Why I did not realize before- oh, but then, I had not touched you,” she mused to herself. “But... to be sure...” With a demure smile, she rose upon the tips of her toes. The ellon widened his eyes as she pressed her lips to his, and she heard it, the telltale sound she had been awaiting for. That blissful moan that haunted her dreams released itself into her mouth as their lips parted slightly, each of them exploring the other with teasing tongues.

Orophin relaxed, but only until they parted. “M’lady,” said he, “I am a warrior, one of the Galadhrim. What would a Lady of the Lady’s kin want with me?”

“Oh, please!” she replied. “She married a Sinda, for Eru’s sake!” Such was the retort that had been said of Galadriel for millennia.

“Regardless, he was a noble. You yourself deserve one of royal blood, a true lord. Not a soldier in the service of another,” said Orophin.

Again, a soft smile graced her lips. “You may not have a choice,” she said. She then told him of her dreams, of the visions that she had. Her adventurous day was also recounted, and it made him smile and chuckle to hear her recount the mishaps of the unfortunate others who had crossed her path. “So you see,” she finished, “I have found you, and now I can continue my journey without worry. When you are ready to depart for Aman, you will come to me and join me in the undying lands.”

Taking in all of what she had said, Orophin reached for her cheek, stroking it with the back of his hand. “When I saw you this morning, I felt it was no coincidence that we met. The bird you speak of in your dreams, I think is not a real bird, for that is what you reminded me of.”

“Do I?” she cooed, and moved closer, resting her cheek upon his chest. “You are tall and strong, just like a tree. And, you haven’t fallen over like the other ellyn I have met today!” she laughed.

Orophin’s arms embraced her tightly. “M’lady, there is only one flaw in your plan. Knowing you now, and knowing our fate, I hardly wish to wait the years it will take for the sea to call to me. I do understand your fears, though, and I will respect your wishes. Can you not linger a little longer before leaving for Valinor?”

“I have waited so long already,” said she. “Every day, the call is louder. I cannot explain what it is that draws me so intensely, but I must go.”

“How long until your party must leave Lothlorien?” questioned Orophin, kissing the top of his newly discovered lover’s head.

“We depart in three days,” she told him.

“Then when you go, I shall ask for leave to travel with your party as an escort. Until that time, stay with me here, in my home,” he requested. “When I do sail in the future, we shall bind in Valinor. Let us use this time now so that we will have something to remember until we are together again.”

She smiled at him. “Yes, my tree. I would like that very much.”

“Then come, my little bird,” he said, taking her hand. He pulled her close and kissed her again, hungry and needful, but with the understanding that they were in mutual agreement not to take things too far. “The day draws to a close, and likely you are weary.”

Her head bobbed up and down in agreement as she allowed him to place his arm around her and keep her near. They walked back to the city, asking questions about little things, finding out what they had in common, and what they did not.

“You love chocolate pudding? So do I!” laughed Orophin. “I love it with freshly whipped cream on the top.”

“With cream?” She made a face and crinkled her nose. “Just the pudding, thank you.”

“Here we are.” Orophin stopped when they reached a tall tree. “There are four levels. The first one is a common room that anyone can use, then three apartments. Mine it the one at the very top- you aren’t afraid of heights, are you?” he asked, noticing the apprehensive look she was giving to the slightly swaying boughs of the mallorn.

“Me?” she squeeked. “Uhm... no?”

Fear was clearly etched on her face, and holding her tight so that he could whisper into her ear, Orophin nuzzled her neck and said, “Aren’t you and your people camping in the southern part of the city?” She nodded against him, and without further discussion, he was leading her to the camp.

Nervously she showed him into the encampment, passing by others of her party who were arriving back from their day in the city as well. There were a few stray whispers between those who were at the camp, and she knew she was the topic of discussion. How could anyone not notice that here was their leader, snuggled against one of the blond warriors of Lorien, taking him back to her tent as Anor set.

Once inside the tent, she became shy. Fluttering about, she checked the bed to be sure it had been made, and looked for anything that had strayed about the room or the adjoining part of the tent that served as a washroom. Finding everything presentable, she turned back to her lover, her heart thundering in her chest to see him here with her. He was here, finally he was with her, and they were alone.

Orophin tied the flaps closed on the inside of the tent, and then turned around. “This is very nice. Much nicer than my flet, I will admit,” he said honestly. “The more I think about it, the more I doubt you would have enjoyed it up there. This is so nice and cozy. I should probably take my shoes off,” he added, and sat down in a chair near the door to remove his boots, setting them neatly at the entryway. “So...” Looking around, Orophin folded his hands together, trying to decide what to say next. “This is nice. Nice place,” he said, wondering what had made him lose his ability to converse intelligently.

“Are you hungry?” she asked. “I have fresh fruit and wine, and there is always a loaf of bread delivered in the afternoon when I am not here- ah, here it is,” she said, bringing the wine to the small table. There were no chairs at it, and she bit her lip as she looked at Orophin.

“Sounds wonderful,” he said as he stood up. He picked up the chair and moved it to the table, having noticed the lack of spaces to sit in the room. As he sat down again, he patted his knee, not taking his eyes off of her.

Timidly, she stepped around the table and sat down upon his lap. His hands reached past her, pulling the load of bread closer, and then the bowl of fruit. As with the chair, there was only one goblet for wine. “You don’t often entertain,” he observed as he looked around. The furnishings were meant for one who spent much of their time alone. The only thing in ample supply were books, packed neatly into wooden crates, and dresses that hung at one end of the large tent.

Shaking her head, she sipped the wine from the goblet after it was offered to her, then passed it back to Orophin. After drinking deeply from it, he refilled the cup, then pulled a ripe strawberry from the bowl. Holding it up, he held it near her lips. Eyes locked on one another, she bit into the fruit, licking the juice from her lips. Unconsciously, Orophin licked his as well before eating the remainder of the fruit.

This continued for some time, the two of them dining in silence, flirtatiously sharing their meal. When a few drops of wine strayed down the corner of his mouth, she craned her neck forward and lapped them up. Orophin lowered the goblet to the table and pushed it aside, his other hand threading through dark, silken hair. Their kissing began anew, at first shy, but growing bolder as their hands traveled over each other’s body.

The light that filtered through the gauzy material covering an opening in the tent that acted like a window was fast diminishing. They were both panting, and she could feel his need pressing upon her thigh. She herself was wet and desired him. “I have changed my mind,” she whispered. “I do not wish to wait until you join me in Valinor to bind with you.”

“Good. I do not wish to wait, either,” he admitted. With her on his lap, it was easy for him to pick her up as he stood, causing the chair to fall over. It and everything else was left forgotten as they found themselves on the bed, quickly stripping one another of their clothing. Orophin was careful in removing her dress and setting it aside while she tugged at the laces on his leggings and shirt after his jerkin was tossed onto the floor in a heap. Undergarments were soon discarded as well, until they were bared to one another in the twilight of the evening.

Over the next few days together in Lorien and the nights they would spend together as the party continued to the Grey Havens, they would make love sweetly, slow and gentle, and peppered with words of endearment. This first time was frantic and lustful, and not at all unlike most Elven couplings.

She had pleasured herself before, but never was the feeling so intense, or had she felt so fulfilled. Likewise, Orophin’s previous releases were nothing compared to the velvet warmth that she offered him. Invoking the names of Manwe, Varda, and Eru, they sealed their souls together, binding themselves to one another for all time.

“I am torn between two worlds,” admitted Orophin as they rested, clinging to one another in the darkness. “Part of me wishes to follow you to the end, to cross the sea with you. But I feel I am needed here, at least for a little longer.”

“You must listen to what your heart tells you,” she said. “Stay here for now, and one day, you will know. Listen for the sea. Know that it will be me, calling you.”

“It is a call I shall answer,” he promised, kissing her lips before claiming her once again, and holding her until the morning.

- - -

When the two emerged from the camp two days later, Orophin had been introduced to all of her kin that were in the traveling party. The Lady Galadriel had even come to the encampment to offer her blessings of their union and to formally welcome Orophin into their family. There was no need to convince the Lady of Light to allow him to accompany his new wife to her ship, for Galadriel had seen this in her mirror already. There was one thing left to do- Orophin would take his lovely bride to meet his brothers.

The first stop was an outpost near to the border. Haldir froze at their approach, immediately sensing what had transpired. He saw in his brother’s face that which he had seen on many an ellyn. On his arm was the lady he had encountered earlier in the week, and more recently, the star of a terrifically erotic dream the night before. In his sleep, he had not only persuaded her, but pleasured her to senselessness.

As Orophin announced his wonderful news to his eldest brother, Haldir groaned, but took the lady’s hand in his and kissed it, giving her and ‘Phin his congratulations. She noted the groan he made during the introduction did not come near the moan that Orophin owned.

The second stop was to see the middle brother, Rumil. He was found accidentally, wandering the woods as often he did. While Orophin spoke and motioned to his wife, Rumil looked at her quizzically. It was not that he didn’t understand what ‘Phin was saying to him, but that he was certain he had seen this lady before.

“Have we met?” Rumil asked after speaking words similar to Haldir.

“I don’t think so,” she answered, careful not to let her eyes stray from his. “It’s probably the black hair,” she added as she and Orophin began to walk away. “We all look alike from a distance.”

-End-