Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
“I heard your tour was uneventful,” said Elrond as Glorfindel entered the Elven Lord’s study.

Glorfindel nodded, handing a bundle of letters from Mithlond to the peredhel. “It was quite peaceful, actually.”

“And you private holiday?” Elrond sorted through the stack quickly, leaving them to rest off on the side of his desk.

“I managed to get what I went there for,” Glorfindel confirmed, patting the bulged pocket of his vest. “Were you able to fulfill my indecent request?” he asked with some trepidation.

“Odd as it was, yes, I did,” answered Elrond grimly.

Curiosity got the better of him, and Glorfindel asked, “Which of them did you choose to send?”

“Neither.” Elrond stood up and pushed his chair back, making his way around the desk to where Glorfindel stood with narrowed eyes. “I nearly sent Elladan, but I decided since Celeborn is leaving in the morning-“

“Elrond, that is not what we agreed upon,” interrupted Glorfindel anxiously. “You said it would be one of the twins.”

“I said I would consider sending one of them. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense not to send them. He will have to see them on a regular basis, and so will you. If things become awkward, I will not have one of my sons at the center of it,” Elrond said firmly.

Reluctantly Glorfindel nodded, and then asked, “How long ago did he go to see him?”

“I sent him over as soon as I heard you had entered the courtyard.”

“Then I should go now, to see how he has faired this test,” said Glorfindel in a solemn voice, his hand dipping inadvertently into his pocket to finger the small box hidden there.

“Glorfindel.” Elrond placed a hand upon his friend’s shoulder, and gave him a reassuring smile. “Remember, this is a difficult task you set upon him, one he is not aware of. He has come far in the time you have been with him. If he falters, do not cast him aside for his failure. Continue to guide him; I have faith in you.”

Glorfindel bowed his head. “Thank you.”

---

Evenings found Erestor on the big chair that Glorfindel had favored during his time living in the rooms. His legs would be curled up on the seat with a blanket over his lap that upon further inspection it would be seen was actually the lighter of Glorfindel’s two cloaks. Most often, he read in the quiet solitude of the room, with a small fire flickering and candles glowing in the corners of the room. Sometimes, he painted. He had forgotten the enjoyment he had in the art, and now had time to dabble with his oils here and there.

When the knock came upon the door, Erestor threw the book onto the table and nearly tripped on the cloak as he raced across the room. Trying not to grin to widely, he took a moment to compose himself and then opened the door to let Glorfindel in.

Only it was not Glorfindel on the other side. “Good evening, counselor.”

“Uh... good... good evening, Lord Celeborn.” Erestor’s eyes darted about, checking the hallway for anyone else.

“I was just about to leave for Lothlorien,” said the silver-haired elf smoothly. “I thought I would come to say my farewells before I did.”

“I see. Safe journey to you,” Erestor responded quickly, and made to close the door, except that Celeborn’s foot was in the way.

“I am leaving in the morning.” He took a step forward, and Erestor let go of the door, taking a step back. “I thought we might spend a little time together before I go. You were such a charming host the last time.” Celeborn reached out and took hold of the retreating ellon’s hand, lifting it up to kiss his palm.

Nearly walking himself back into the chair, Erestor withdrew his hand and pointed at the door. “M’lord, you should go.”

“Do you not desire my company?” questioned the ellon in a soft, purring voice.

“I do not do that sort of thing anymore,” said Erestor. “Please leave.”

“What are you worried about? Your golden-haired watchdog?” Celeborn laughed in a friendly sort of manner. “Erestor, Erestor, Erestor, he is not due back until tomorrow afternoon. I will be long gone by then, and he shall never know. One last time, that is all I ask.”

“If you are leaving in the morrow, you should be with Elrond tonight,” reasoned Erestor, finding himself cornered. He stole around the side of the chair, and in his haste, the back of his knees knocked into the bed.

“But you are so eager, even though you play coy,” answered Celeborn as Erestor lost his balance and landed hard on the bed.

A sob caught in the back of his throat. “I said for you to leave! I will scream for help!”

“You will scream, but not for help, my dear,” Celeborn corrected as he descended upon Erestor, leaning in close. “Give me a kiss, sweetling, and then tell me you do not desire this.”

“No! No I will not, now go!”

“Mmm, I like playing this game, too,” Celeborn growled.

“Enough.” Glorfindel stepped in through the doorway, having listened to most of the conversation from right outside the door. Immediately, Celeborn stepped away, and looked around at Glorfindel, waiting for further instruction. “Thank you. That was all I needed to know. Please, enjoy your last night here,” he added as an afterthought.

Celeborn clasped Glorfindel’s arm on the way out and gave it a squeeze. “Good night.” Celeborn stopped at the doorway and looked across the room at Erestor, who was sitting on the edge of the bed in bewilderment, shaking slightly. “I am sorry. I was asked to come here. I hope you harbor no ill will toward me- I do enjoy your company, and not only on a sexual level, counselor. Good evening.” The Elven Lord closed the door on his way out, and Glorfindel stepped over to lock it.



When he turned around, he found the same glare from many months ago trained upon him. “You planned all of that,” spat Erestor, his fingers digging into the blankets as he fisted his hands.

Slowly, ambivalently, Glorfindel nodded. “I had to know what you would do.”

“So you do not trust me.”

“I do now. I had to be sure.” Walking forward, he said, “For me this is not some game. This is a very serious relationship we have begun, and knowing your past, it was all I could think to do. I am sorry if I hurt you, but I could not risk being hurt later if you were not as serious as I am. Put yourself in my place,” he tried.

Erestor looked off in another direction. “I may have done the same,” he admitted finally, “but I am still sore at you.”

“Understandable,” agreed Glorfindel. “If you want, you can slap me, I deserve it.”

“Oh, no,” Erestor declined, “we are not going to have that happen again.”

“I promise not to retaliate,” said Glorfindel, adding, “No spanking.”

Loosening his grip of the blankets, Erestor traced his finger over the pattern of the stitching on the thick, raspberry-colored quilt. “I have no desire to hurt you.”

Bending down, Glorfindel gave Erestor a kiss on the forehead before turning, planning to remove his travel clothing for something more comfortable. Suddenly, something smacked him on the top of the head. It was not very hard, and did not hit him very hard, but it was very noticeable. He made a grab for it, but Erestor was much quicker, and the pillow connected with his hip.

~WHAP!~

“Wait a minute! Not fair to attack one who is unarmed!” shouted Glorfindel as he made a grab for the other pillow but was unsuccessful as Erestor snagged that one, too, before scrambling over the bed onto the other side.

“You said you would not retaliate!” Erestor reminded him, grinning wickedly with a pillow in each hand.

Glorfindel narrowed his eyes. “There are no rules in war, my dear,” he answered, then gave chase.

After sustaining four more direct hits, Glorfindel managed to take hold of the edge of one of the pillows, which Erestor reluctantly let go of lest it be ripped apart from either end. The blond was no where near as forceful with his attacks, trying to match Erestor’s strength. Two well-timed smacks with the pillow sent Glorfindel flailing back onto one of the chairs, dropping his pillow upon impact. Erestor leaped over the table to retrieve it before Glorfindel could manage to catch his breath, then noticed a small box that was left forgotten on the floor. “What is this?” Glorfindel heard Erestor say, and he looked over to see the darkling picking up the box, discarding the pillows off to the side.

“It must have been jostled from my pocket when we were playing,” realized the warrior. “Bring it here and I will show you what it is.”

“And what does he have in his pockets, hmm?” Erestor sat down on the edge of the bed facing Glorfindel, and said, “I am perfectly capable of finding out what it is on my own.”

Looking crestfallen, Glorfindel nodded. “This is true.”

With a sigh, Erestor stood up and brought the box over, holding it out to Glorfindel.

The golden elf patted his knee. “Sit,” he offered to a slightly surprised Erestor, who sat down nonetheless. Glorfindel took hold of the box with one hand, winding his other arm around Erestor’s waist to obtain a good grip on him. “I lied to you,” he said with regret. “I was only on tour for one month.”

“I know.”

“You know? Did Elrond tell you?” asked Glorfindel.

Erestor shook his head. “I counted the number of soldiers leaving for the borders last month. It was the same number as always. I assumed you were, therefore, no longer on the border for the last four weeks.”

“I could have been there for a special reason,” suggested Glorfindel.

“The borders are quiet. I assumed you had something to do outside of Imladris that you did not want me knowing of,” Erestor said.

He was rewarded with a smooch on the cheek. “You brilliant little thing, ‘tis a wonder I can ever pull the wool over your eyes.”

“I am still angry about that,” Erestor reminded him.

Glorfindel nodded. “Yes, I guessed as much. Perhaps this will make up for it.” Fumbling to open the box with one hand, Glorfindel eventually handed it to Erestor. “I set you up earlier because I am seriously in love with you.” Glorfindel took a pause, and then continued, “I have every intention to be with you until the end of Arda, but only if I am the only one by your side.”

With his mouth open a little in disbelief, Erestor stared down at the box.

“Have you read the riddle, or shall we open it and see what is inside?” offered Glorfindel, suddenly shy.

“You want me?” Erestor opened the box, seeing there what he knew now he would find. “You do want me.”

“Yes, but, not just... in bed,” Glorfindel said in a rush, “I want you to have and to hold, and to keep as my own. To cherish and to love and to- Erestor, just, I love you and what I said about it hurting me to see you with others, it does, it has hurt, and for a long time now. I have wanted you, but unless you want me, and completely, and only me, well, I am rather selfish, and you are so very precious to me, more so than anything or anyone else in the whole of Arda. So, what do you think?” questioned Glorfindel uneasily.

“I think,” said Erestor, picking the larger of the two silver rings out of the box, “you should give me your hand.”

Doing as he was bid, Glorfindel smiled as the mithril band was slid onto his finger, and then he took the other from the box and placed it on Erestor. “It fits perfectly.”

“That it does,” confirmed Erestor, admiring the bit of silver that wound around his finger. “We should see how perfectly you and I fit together.”

“Are you ready for that?” asked Glorfindel, nuzzling Erestor’s neck and placing soft kisses upon him as he took away the empty box and set it aside. Erestor nodded and began to kiss back, savoring the excitement not just of being with someone, but of being with someone who loved him.

“How shall we do this?” Glorfindel gently nipped at Erestor’s ear with his teeth, tracing the curve with his tongue, kissing the pointed tip.

“I want you... inside...” came the mumbled answer as Erestor worked to free the shirt from Glorfindel’s body, having already succeeded at removing his vest.

Pulling Erestor’s tunic up and off, Glorfindel tossed it aside and smiled. “I know about that part; I meant in terms of position.”

“From behind; I like that best.”

“On your hands and knees?”

Erestor purred and arched up, rubbing himself against the hand that was untying his pants.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

They hastily made their way to the bed, each of them shedding their remaining clothing as they went. Erestor pulled open a drawer on the little end table, in which Glorfindel saw was an assortment of jars and vials containing various lubricants. “These are all new,” assured Erestor as he sat down upon the bed. “I threw out everything from before.”

Glorfindel picked up one of the vials and pulled the cork from it, taking a sniff. It was much too flowery for his taste, so he put it back. The next scent he recognized- sandalwood- and he recorked it and placed it aside on the top of the table.

“You do not need to treat me like glass,” reminded Erestor as Glorfindel settled onto the bed beside him. “It is not as if this is my first time,” he said carefully. “There is no need to go slowly. I am no virgin.”

“Yes, but I am,” Glorfindel confided. “So, please, forgive me if it takes me a little extra time.”

“Oh!” Erestor smiled, and flicked a straying blond curl out of Glorfindel’s eyes. “Your secret is safe with me, snuggles.”

Timidity was replaced by mild amusement. “Snuggles?”

“You like snuggling and cuddling,” shrugged Erestor. “Look, I have been trying to think of what else to call you, but ‘honey’ and ‘sugar’ just sound too plain and not quite right.”

“I like snuggles,” said Glorfindel quickly before Erestor could change his mind.

“I know you do,” grinned Erestor, “but I have an idea there is something you may like even more.” He quickly gave Glorfindel a kiss, and then positioned himself on his hands and knees, glancing wickedly over his shoulder.

Glorfindel breathed in sharply, shaking his head. “No, not yet, it just- here, just a moment,” he said, gently easing Erestor onto his back again. “There is something- would you mind if I- uhm...” Reaching out with trepidation, Glorfindel’s fingers touched the base of Erestor’s erection. “Before we make love... I... I wanted to taste you...”

For Erestor, it was a foreign request. His past had been filled with lovers, no, sexual partners, who had only really been interested in fulfilling their own needs. Few had ever expressed any concern over Erestor’s desires, and none of them had asked this of him before. He nodded with only a little hesitation, and sat up as Glorfindel lowered his head, darting his tongue out experimentally.




In the beginning, Glorfindel would run his tongue one way, then take a look up at Erestor for his reaction. Little grunts and quiet moans greeted his ears. As he took more time attending to the solid muscle standing at attention before him, Glorfindel found he could make Erestor moan louder and longer, and that now and then when he did something particularly enjoyable, Erestor would thrust his hips up for more. When Glorfindel enveloped the entire head in his mouth, the dark ellon fell back onto the bed, mewling and arching his pelvis up in such a reckless manner that Glorfindel found he would need to hold Erestor’s thighs down in order to do what he liked.

“Think I can manage it all?” he asked in a husky tone before running his tongue from the root to the tip, flicking the weeping slit at the top. Erestor merely groaned in reply, straining to get closer despite being held down. His hands were tightly dug around the edged of the mattress and when he felt his erection slide into the warm, moist passage Glorfindel offered, he cried out his lover’s name in pure bliss.

Bobbing his head up and down, Glorfindel slowly released the organ from his mouth, swirling his tongue around the head before letting it go completely. “Like that, do you?” He reached for the small vial he had selected earlier while Erestor whimpered at the loss of contact. “I really do want to taste you,” he whispered, making his request known. His head bowed again after he rubbed the oil onto his hands, and as he took Erestor into his mouth once more he also slid a finger right into Erestor’s clenching entrance.

Erestor yowled in delight at the instant invasion, as whatever bit of pain he felt from the suddenness of it soon ebbed away in exchange for sensations that were absolutely wonderful. The width was doubled quickly as soon as Glorfindel felt Erestor pushing back, and he curved his fingers just as every book he had ever read had said to. All it took was a few well-placed strokes deep inside his lover for Glorfindel to feel the eruption down the back of his throat. He backed off just slightly, making good on his promise to actually taste Erestor as he swallowed the rest of his seed. “How are you feeling?” he crooned while bathing Erestor’s softening length with his tongue to capture the rest of his essence.

The fingers that were preparing him were still plunged deep inside, and Erestor gasped when they moved apart to stretch him further. “My legs are weak and I can see stars,” he said, only-half joking. “Take me now, Glorfindel, do not tease me. I want you.”

Giving only the slightest of nods, Glorfindel removed his fingers slowly, giving the spot that made Erestor wild with desire one final time as he retreated. Despite being a little wobbly on his legs, Erestor balanced himself upon his hands and knees, splaying his fingers for support.

Inside of mounting him immediately, Glorfindel took the time to run his hands over the smooth flesh before him. He kneaded the tight, twin globes raised up for his inspection, and passed his thumb over the puckered flesh in between, which caused Erestor to shiver and moan. The golden elf slid his hands along Erestor’s sides until he reached his shoulders, which he massaged while placing kisses along his lover’s neck and down his back until he found his destination once again.

By now, Erestor was hard once again, which was just what Glorfindel had been hoping for. Placing the head of his erection at the entryway, Glorfindel bit his bottom lip and gave a little push forward. Realizing that this was not merely Glorfindel’s fingers, Erestor took a deep breath, pulling a very surprised ellon halfway in on his own. “Oh, sweet Eru!” called out Glorfindel, and Erestor clenched his internal muscles as he coaxed Glorfindel to enter him all the way.

“Erestor- ughh- I do not want to- mmnnhh- hurt you-“

There came a frustrated mewing. “I need to feel you deep inside of me.”

Not one to disappoint, Glorfindel pressed forward, swallowing hard when he was engulfed to the hilt. It was so tight, and they were so close. He knew he would have to move soon, but for the moment, he savored the connection between them.

His thrusts were at first unsteady as he awkwardly tried to find a rhythm that suited them both. Erestor wanted something a bit harder and rougher than Glorfindel was first attempting, but they soon found a pace that was exciting and pleasing. With his hands holding Erestor’s hips firmly in place, Glorfindel drove in deep and released himself much sooner than he had intended to. He stayed buried until the twitches of his calming member ceased, and then managed to grab a cloth he had left on the night table which he held between them as they parted to catch the excess so as not to ruin the blankets.

Glorfindel whispered for Erestor to stay where he was, and returned after a moment with another cloth and a towel. The cloth was damp, and he cleaned off what remained before patting Erestor’s posterior dry. “Still hard...” remarked Glorfindel of Erestor’s erection.

“Yesss,” he hissed as elegant fingers gently touched him.

“Let me take care of that for you.” With Erestor still on all fours, Glorfindel laid down and scooted beneath his lover. He guided his lower half down to meet him, and slid his hand up Erestor’s chest, pressing him back. With his legs bent at either side of Glorfindel’s head, Erestor was engulfed once again by the heated mouth that teased him earlier.

This time, he took charge a bit more, digging his fingers into the golden mane while easing himself up and down. His eyes were closed, head thrown back, and the only word uttered from his lips was the name of his beloved tormentor who used his hands to steady him as his passion came forth once again. Erestor looked down as he panted, sated and spent, and for once, smiling after such an event. Glorfindel looked pleasantly pleased with himself as he lapped up the last droplets of cream from his lover’s body.

---

Sleep came all too easy for Glorfindel, and now he was snoring at the ceiling as was the usual scene and for many nights to come. Erestor, tucked loosely beside him, stared at the vague outline of the door in the darkness, contemplating the past year.

The first peeking ray of dim light filtered into the room, and Erestor rolled over and blinked at the hazy dawning of the day. The kitchen maids would soon be around to take orders for breakfast, and it was an opportunity Erestor could not pass up. Sneaking out of bed was easier than he had envisioned, and he crept to the door. A stack of parchment was on his desk and he quietly picked up his quill, dipped it into the inkwell, and scratched a note onto the sheet. Folding it in half, he slid it halfway beneath the door before settling himself back into bed.

---

When Glorfindel awoke, it was to the sight of Erestor, hovering directly over him. “Mmm... I think we should sleep in this morning.”

“I think we should skip work today altogether,” suggested Erestor, who was lounged atop Glorfindel. The cream-colored sheets separated their bodies, and Glorfindel blushed slightly when he realized he was somewhat aroused already. “I wrote a note to Elrond and he said it would be alright, considering you were gone for so long. Also considering, he has the Lorien party to see off today, and will not be in a mood to hold council.”

“I see,” nodded Glorfindel, the color receding from his cheeks. “I suppose we should head to breakfast,” he said, noting how bright the sun coming through the windows was, and hence, how late in the morning he had slept.

“No need.” Erestor shifted away for a moment, and brought back a large bowl that had been sitting on the table. “I already took care of that.”

“Oh?”

“Close your eyes.”

“Kiss me first.”

“How impatient.” Erestor inclined his head forward, giving in to his lover’s wish. “I suppose you do not intend to wait a full year to exchange these rings for bands of gold, either.”

“Not a chance. Speaking of which, are you free tomorrow evening?” asked Glorfindel, and Erestor could not tell if he was jesting or not.

Instead, Erestor smiled, and repeated, “Close your eyes.”

Glorfindel did as he was told, and he felt something cool gently probe at his mouth. Opening obligingly, something was placed inside. He smirked once Erestor’s fingers had retreated, and ate the delicious cream-covered fruit. “May I open my eyes now?”

“I have wanted to do this for months,” admitted Erestor. “It was these stupid sheets. I suppose the colors are growing on me now that they have given me such naughty ideas.” He fed Glorfindel another raspberry and then sighed playfully. “I suppose I will allow it.”

“Mmm... do I get to reciprocate?” Glorfindel asked after accepting a half dozen more berries.

“If you like,” answered Erestor, licking the cream from his fingers.

Glorfindel motioned for Erestor to sit up, and the two moved their breakfasting to one of the big chairs. With Erestor on Glorfindel’s lap, they were free to offer the fruits to one another, and when those were gone, to lap cream off of each other’s fingers until the bowl was clean. “I think,” said Glorfindel as he pulled Erestor a little closer until the slighter elf was straddling the golden one on the chair, “that we should have raspberries and cream every morning.”

“Every morning?” Erestor pouted a little. “But I have a few other ideas that I have come up with. Including one that involves...” Erestor lowered his head, giving Glorfindel a sensual look, “chocolate...”

Glorfindel gulped, having a feeling that although they had just finished breakfast, that there would be more cream very soon. “Remind me never to change those sheets,” he said as he was brought back to the bed by the sly little elf with the cheeky grin.

-END-