Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
“I have a surprise for you.”

Glorfindel had a smug look on his face and his arms were crossed over his chest.

“Is it... uhm… ” Erestor let go of the bottom edge of the scroll he was reading, and pulled his blanket closer around himself. “What is it?” he asked as the cat pounced upon the desk and swatted the scroll with his paw.

“You do not have a guess?” The seneschal looked positively pleased as Erestor shook his head. “A-ha! Then I have finally surprised you!”

A number of heads turned and shushed the blond, and he bit his lip, but continued to grin.

“I am perplexed,” admitted Erestor. “Normally, you come at night, not during the day,” he answered in a hushed voice. “Normally, I have some idea, but today I am stumped. You are correct; I have not the faintest clue as to what your surprise is.”

“Excellent,” said Glorfindel. “Come to my rooms this evening and I will give it to you.”

With that, Glorfindel turned on his heel and began to leave.

“Wait just a minute!” Erestor’s sudden outburst caused the cat to bolt from his desk, and also for him to be shushed at this time. With the blanket still around his shoulders, Erestor followed Glorfindel into the hallway. “What do you mean ‘come this evening’? You are making me wait?”

“Well, if you want it now-,” Glorfindel said, looking away.

“I do!” insisted Erestor. “I have spent the last three months trying to figure it out!”

Proudly, Glorfindel smiled. “Three months, eh?”

“Three whole months,” repeated Erestor. “Three excruciatingly long months. Three agonizingly, practically unbearable, months!”

“I am so sorry you had to wait for so long,” said Glorfindel with complete sincerity, “but I am overjoyed that for once I have finally surprised you.”

“Actually, you have yet to surprise me,” Erestor reminded him pointedly. “All you have managed to do is puzzle and upset me.”

“Upset you? Good heavens, no, we cannot have that.” Glorfindel got a wicked look in his eye. “Would you like your surprise now, then?”

“Yes, please,” insisted the counselor.

“Right here? Right now?” Glorfindel was stalking closer to the counselor, whose back was against the wall. Erestor nodded. “You want me to give it to you here?”

“Yes,” said Erestor as Glorfindel advanced, and pressed him against the wall, hands firmly on the advisor’s hips. The blanket slipped from his shoulders as he was soundly kissed in the middle of the hallway. A few other elves stopped what they were doing, while others poked their heads out of their offices upon hearing the murmur in the corridor.

Glorfindel and Erestor managed to ignore them all. “Are you surprised?” questioned Glorfindel. “Because you do not look it.”

“May I have another surprise before I answer that question?” asked Erestor. The pair kissed again, and then Erestor said, “I hate to disappoint you, but I had a feeling we were going to end up in this position.”

“Seems like I shall never win this game,” sighed Glorfindel.

“Who is to say that you lost?” Erestor pulled the blanket up to keep it from falling all the way to the ground. “So... is there still another ‘surprise’ in your bedroom?”

“I doubt it is a surprise now,” mumbled Glorfindel, “but... we can go and take a look... as long as you promise to act surprised...”

“I shall do my best,” offered Erestor.

For a few steps, they walked quickly down the hallway, hand in hand. As if a sudden thought struck him, Glorfindel stopped and unexpectedly lifted Erestor into his arms.

“Oh!” Erestor’s arms somewhat instinctively wound around Glorfindel’s neck and he laughed. “Careful, you caught me off guard!”

“Off guard... as in... to ambush... to... surprise?” Glorfindel flashed a cheeky grin to the elf in his arms.

“I knew you could do it!” Erestor told him as Glorfindel hastily carried him down the hallway to what would soon be their rooms.

:: The End ::