Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
"Celebrian!" The voice made both siblings jump. "That is not a fitting expression for a lady of your age! However do you expect to take your place in Imladris if you can not keep silly expressions from your face?"

"But Nana, Haldir started it!" shouted Celebrian, well aware of how childish she sounded making such an outburst. Haldir cleanly wiped his smirk from his face as soon as he was in sight of his mother.

"My lady," he began with a low formal bow, "I was only showing concern for my dear sister. I heard such a ruckus, as if someone were floundering around upon her bed."

"I heard it as well," said Galadriel.

"Ah. Then you know why I had such a deep concern for her safety," continued Haldir. "She will not tell me what was making such noise, but I fear she may have been having a fitful and restless sleep, my lady. Ai, if only the Lord Elrond were here to comfort her," he finished, giving Celebrian a concerned look, and even going so far as to reach for her hand in a comforting manner. He was promptly slapped away with a glare.

"Haldir?" addressed the lady, heaving a great sigh.

"Yes, my lady?"

"I just had these passages cleaned. Kindly keep the bullshit out of my tree."

After a pause, Haldir bowed again, and repeated, "Yes, my lady," as he hurried down the hallway.

"He's lying, Nana," huffed Celebrian.

Galadriel nodded. "I didn't need the mirror to realize that. However, your Adar deals with the majority of the disobedience from your brothers. I am confident he will be justly disciplined. As for you, my daughter," Galadriel said, leading Celebrian into her room, "I have advice I wish to offer."

Celebrian glanced at the bed, noting that Elrond was not on it, but that the covers were pulled down messily to the floor. "Yes, of course Nana." She cringed inwardly as they approached the bed, sitting so that they were on the edge of the side that Haldir had rested on.

Galadriel appeared to ignore the fact that Haldir's boots were haphazardly tossed on the floor. "This is not the most discreet place to have visitors, Celebrian," began Galadriel. "Open doorways guarded only by curtains and windows that let in the breeze do not hide what happens within. This is not the ideal place for…casual intercourse," Galadriel finally said.

"Nana, I-" began Celebrian, blushing furiously.

Galadriel placed a hand on Celebrian's arm. "I know it is not long before you will marry, but until then, please consider finding an abandoned flet on the border or taking more vacations in Rivendell." Galadriel moved two fingers under Celebrian's chin to lift up her head. "Don't pout, that is unbecoming a lady as well. I am not scolding you, I am advising you. I would rather you hear this now from me instead of from your father the morning after one of your brothers comes to wake you and finds an unexpected guest."

Considering this, Celebrian nodded and received a pat on her cheek from Galadriel. "Now, my sweet one, draw the curtain at your door when I leave, toss sheets over the windows, and please let Elrond come out from under the bed before he suffers from heat stroke," suggested Galadriel as she stood up.
Celebrian struggled to find the words for a reply, but her mother bent down and kissed her on the cheek. "As with your brother, I do not always require a mirror to know what is going on." Reaching the door, Galadriel turned with a smirk, looking toward the bed. "And Elrond? That was my ankle you were just fondling."

- - -

"Did you find him?" asked Haldir, coming across Orophin, sitting on a bench outside the kitchen and eating a large cinnamon roll. Orophin shook his head and tore the sweet in half, offering some to Haldir.

The elder sat down with a sigh. "I looked everywhere," he complained, taking hold of the piece he was offered. "No one knew where he was. No one!"

"Well, he is very small," mused Orophin. "Just think of the places you could hide, and I'm sure we'll find him eventually." Orophin grinned, knowing he could manage an insult or two in exchange for the treat he'd given Haldir.

Haldir swallowed a bite, then said, "Did you know, Elrond is here. I was completely unaware of his arrival."

"Mmm, yes. Odd, how he fit beneath Clebri's dress so well."

Haldir paused mid-bite and slowly turned to look at his younger brother. "Under her skirt? He was under the bed."

"No, he was under her skirt. I know, she told me so." Orophin gave a shudder at the thought.

"Orophin, there's barely any room under an elleth's skirts, and not nearly enough for half an elf."

"So if half an elf wouldn't fit, I suppose a half-elf is entirely out of the question." Orophin smirked. "You certainly seem knowledgeable about the amount of room under an elleth's skirts."

Haldir blushed and shoved the rest of his snack in his mouth, looking off in the distance.

"I see…" Orophin licked the sugar and cinnamon from his fingers. "If he couldn't fit under her skirt, how do we know he is here at all?"

"Because I saw him under the bed." Haldir's look was thoughtful, and he rubbed his forehead. "Orophin, if Elrond wasn't under her skirt, who do you think was?"

"Probably Rumil," Orophin said with a shrug. Both brothers took one look at each other and took off for the stairs.