Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
IDoS 2012. Inspired by the song: The Dark Night of the Soul by Loreena McKennitt.
And by the fortress walls
the wind would brush his hair against his brow


“Glorfindel, you are free from your watch.” Ecthelion smiled softly as he rested his arms on the wall to mimic his companion. “I shall guard the night.”

The blond gave a slow nod. “Of course. I just.. thought I would admire the view.” He looked up at the stars until he was assured that Ecthelion had looked that way as well, and then lowered his gaze to take in the sight of the Lord of the Fountain. “Unless you prefer that I retire for the evening.”






And with its smoothest hand
caressed my every sense it would allow


Ecthelion looked down, catching just a moment of Glorfindel’s glance. It was enough.

“Nay. I enjoy the company.” He stepped away from the wall and began to make the rounds. As he walked behind Glorfindel, his hand touched a shoulder, sliding over light leather armor and down an arm in a guarded caress. “Perhaps we should check the armory; such as it is, now that Turgon trusts only you and me there alone.”

For a moment, Glorfindel lost himself in Ecthelion’s gaze before nodding and following after him.