Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
"Did you know? Did you really know what he gave you?" asked Erestor. Glorfindel nodded as Erestor bowed his head and sniffled. When he looked up again, there were tears streaming from the corners of his eyes. "Why didn't you just tell me when you returned?"

"Darling, my dear one," began Glorfindel, lifting his sleeve to wipe away his husband's tears, "how was I to tell you? I feared to tell you," he further admitted. "I feared to tell you, because I nearly told you once before, before we were parted for so long."

"What? When?" demanded Erestor in a quiet voice.

Glorfindel closed his eyes, tears welling behind the lids, weeping out involuntarily. "The day after it happened," he cried in anguish. "The Gates of Summer. I was going to tell you. I didn't care. I couldn't-" Glorfindel opened his eyes, drawing Erestor tightly to him, looking up into the glistening chocolate orbs. "I couldn't live another day without you," he said, touching ebony tresses reverently while his other hand was pressed against Erestor's back. "I felt that I would die without you. Erestor, I love you so very much."

"Oh, my," whispered Erestor, his arms wrapped firmly around Glorfindel. "My sweet savior, my love. I can't express how much I love you, Glorfindel. I don't know how I survived without you."