Beyond Canon
RSS


- Text Size +
“We knew that Haldir was not going to be able to stay forever.” Celebrian smiled, hoping this might make her husband’s disposition a little more cheerful. “Perhaps we can find someone to replace him. Surely, Glorfindel could teach the course.”

“Glorfindel has enough of a load with what he is teaching already, and the demands on him are much more physical. He already works longer hours than most.”

“What about Erestor?”

Elrond cringed. “If there is one thing I would not want him to instruct in-“

“Then let me do it. I am more than capable.”

“I thought you were going to journey to Lothlorien with your brother when he returns?” questioned Elrond. “Not that I would mind you staying here, but it has been many a year since you have seen your parents, and your brothers.”

“There you are! My brothers- my other brothers. Why not have one of them trade places with Haldir? They would be able to pick up right where he leaves off if we time this right,” said Celebrian. Elrond began to contemplate this, and without giving him time to think it over, Celebrian announced, “’Tis settled, then! I shall speak with mother immediately, my Lord husband. Orophin could use a vacation from the Golden Woods.” Kissing him on the cheek, Celebrian left the breakfast table before any objections could be made.